LockedBob Evans vs Cracker Barrel

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18267
Re:Bob Evans vs Cracker Barrel 2011/09/22 22:10:13 (permalink)
Male bovine excretement! He said butter.
ces1948
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1505
Re:Bob Evans vs Cracker Barrel 2011/09/22 22:26:50 (permalink)
I really don't understand the problem. Bob Evans serves real butter but it may be on request. They are supposed to have real butter available. The poster that everyone is commenting about stated the staff and management acted like they didn't know what he was talking about. I have no idea why that would be the case as obviously the corporate policy is to have real butter available . But just for the record Bob Evans serves real butter.
But I have to say the sausage gravy IS kind of weird in that it is brown not cream colored.

mar52
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7767
Re:Bob Evans vs Cracker Barrel 2011/09/22 22:28:16 (permalink)
A rose by any other name...
bartl
  • Total Posts : 1269
Re:Bob Evans vs Cracker Barrel 2011/09/22 23:26:47 (permalink)
Rabkin
Only on Roadfood would someone boast about what a dick he/she can be at a given eating establishment.

So, what do you propose a customer should do when the restaurant lies to him about the food?

Bart
bartl
  • Total Posts : 1269
Re:Bob Evans vs Cracker Barrel 2011/09/22 23:39:00 (permalink)
BTW, there are foods that I am rather picky about. If I can't have them exactly the way I want them, I order something that I'm not so picky about. I have despaired of ordering sirloin steak, which I only like medium rare. I've had it wrong in so many places, I just don't take a chance. Rib steak, I'll eat anywhere from rare to almost well done, for example. Shell steak, a pretty wide tolerance (rare to medium). So I just don't order sirloin steak.

I would not eat pancakes with margarine, myself. I am certain that if Bill had been told they only had margarine, he would have ordered something else, and been quite happy with it. But if you go through the trouble of asking, then you should get a straight answer, and if they lie to you, you have every right to send it back. And if they lie in the face of clear evidence that they are doing so, then they deserve to be videoed and put on YouTube.

Bart
tkitna
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 622
Re:Bob Evans vs Cracker Barrel 2011/09/22 23:49:21 (permalink)
bartl

Rabkin
Only on Roadfood would someone boast about what a dick he/she can be at a given eating establishment.

So, what do you propose a customer should do when the restaurant lies to him about the food?

Bart

A misunderstanding isnt a lie. Regardless, theres two ways of going about the scenario and thats to be decent and explain yourself in a better fashion or you can act like a tuff guy and demand the manager causing everyone involved to have a bad day.

Its little things like this that cause me to lose faith in the human race.

Rabkin
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 65
Re:Bob Evans vs Cracker Barrel 2011/09/23 07:52:49 (permalink)
tkitna

bartl

Rabkin

Bart

A misunderstanding isnt a lie. Regardless, theres two ways of going about the scenario and thats to be decent and explain yourself in a better fashion or you can act like a tuff guy and demand the manager causing everyone involved to have a bad day.

Its little things like this that cause me to lose faith in the human race.

This.

It's not as if a request for real butter is at all unreasonable.  That's not at all what I'm saying.  It's just the terse, I-am-the-customer-and-YOU-are-here-to-do-my-bidding-and-I-am-SO-pleased-with-myself-right-at-this-moment attitude on display after billfish didn't receive his requested real, actual butter that comes across, at least to me as pretty off putting and, well, dickish.  Of course, one can never be sure if what he transcribed was how it actually all went down, or if he embellished the event a little to appeal to the more persnickety members of this forum, as there are, indeed, more than a couple RoadFoodies that seem to take a perverse thrill at boasting about what difficult customers they can be.

Oh, and for the record (and to the point of the OP): I quite like both Bob Evans and Cracker Barrel, while giving the slight edge to the latter over the former.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1