Boiled Toast

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
renfrew
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 696
  • Joined: 2003/04/29 10:51:00
  • Location: Providence, RI
  • Status: offline
RE: Boiled Toast 2004/09/22 14:11:33 (permalink)
Thanks very much. Sounds great! I'll try it.
#31
i95
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2500
  • Joined: 2003/07/14 07:27:00
  • Location: Sin City, VA
  • Status: offline
RE: Boiled Toast 2004/09/22 15:07:59 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by redtressed

quote:
pogophiles
Double Cheeseburger



687 Posts
Posted - 09/22/2004 : 10:26:19
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May I have a bite of your tasty milquetoast?


Mine? or I-95's? A lot of relevancy whether you may or not, depends on your answer....


redtressed's.
#32
redtressed
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1017
  • Joined: 2001/05/10 19:50:00
  • Location: Morgantown, WV
  • Status: offline
RE: Boiled Toast 2004/09/22 16:04:08 (permalink)








quote:
i95 Posted - 09/22/2004 : 15:07:59
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by redtressed


quote:
pogophiles
Double Cheeseburger



687 Posts
Posted - 09/22/2004 : 10:26:19
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May I have a bite of your tasty milquetoast?



Mine? or I-95's? A lot of relevancy whether you may or not, depends on your answer....



redtressed's.



We don't know that , yet, I-95....never ASSUME!" />
#33
Art Deco
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 890
  • Joined: 2002/06/12 16:27:00
  • Location: Nashville, TN
  • Status: offline
RE: Boiled Toast 2004/09/23 06:59:00 (permalink)
Redtressed, it's a Pulp Fiction riff... ("Look at the big brain on Brad"). I will admit that substituting milquetoast for a "Big Kahuna" burger is a stretch at best. But both lines would have been adressed to the same person (Brad/Redtressed)...
#34
i95
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2500
  • Joined: 2003/07/14 07:27:00
  • Location: Sin City, VA
  • Status: offline
RE: Boiled Toast 2004/09/23 15:23:57 (permalink)
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."


" />
#35
redtressed
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1017
  • Joined: 2001/05/10 19:50:00
  • Location: Morgantown, WV
  • Status: offline
RE: Boiled Toast 2004/09/23 16:04:30 (permalink)
uh huh, Rex Reed

and......


uh huh, Jimmy Swaggart


thanks for clearing that up.
#36
Goose
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 81
  • Joined: 2004/09/17 15:38:00
  • Location: Southfield, MI
  • Status: offline
RE: Boiled Toast 2004/09/23 16:24:10 (permalink)
though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for thy milquetoast is with me.
#37
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 13481
  • Joined: 2001/07/18 14:10:00
  • Location: Knoxville, TN,
  • Status: offline
RE: Boiled Toast 2004/09/23 17:03:06 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by i95

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."


" />

Sounds like pulp fiction to me

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

#38
i95
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2500
  • Joined: 2003/07/14 07:27:00
  • Location: Sin City, VA
  • Status: offline
RE: Boiled Toast 2004/09/23 18:43:30 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Sundancer7

quote:
Originally posted by i95

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."


" />

Sounds like pulp fiction to me

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN





DING-DING-DING !!!

We have a winner!

Congratulations, Sundancer. You've just one a Royale with Cheese. Thanks for playing.
#39
Grampy
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1559
  • Joined: 2002/10/14 18:22:00
  • Location: Greenfield, MA
  • Status: offline
RE: Boiled Toast 2004/09/23 18:47:11 (permalink)
"Personality goes a long way..."
#40
Art Deco
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 890
  • Joined: 2002/06/12 16:27:00
  • Location: Nashville, TN
  • Status: offline
RE: Boiled Toast 2004/09/23 19:18:17 (permalink)
Now I'm thinkin', it could mean you're the evil man. And I'm the righteous man. And Mr.i95 here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous self in the valley of darkness. Or it could be you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But that ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin'. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd.
#41
redtressed
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1017
  • Joined: 2001/05/10 19:50:00
  • Location: Morgantown, WV
  • Status: offline
RE: Boiled Toast 2004/09/23 19:53:25 (permalink)
Quentin Tarantino has assured me he loves you all.


In my ongoing quest to keep this thread somewhere near the TOPIC:


#42
i95
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2500
  • Joined: 2003/07/14 07:27:00
  • Location: Sin City, VA
  • Status: offline
RE: Boiled Toast 2004/09/24 07:58:35 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by pogophiles

Now I'm thinkin', it could mean you're the evil man. And I'm the righteous man. And Mr. i95 here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous self in the valley of darkness. Or it could be you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But that ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin'. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd.



And just to demonstrate this whole Road Food / Pulp Fiction nexus,
a classic epicurean-related line from that Tarantino flick:

"Don't you just love it when you
come back from the bathroom and find
your food waiting for you?"
#43
danimal15
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1092
  • Joined: 2003/08/07 11:58:00
  • Location: Chicago, IL
  • Status: offline
RE: Boiled Toast 2004/10/06 10:26:44 (permalink)
Sounds like baby food to me. And I've fed enough Gerber to my two kids to know I never want to try anything with that kind of consistency!
#44
downtown
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 68
  • Joined: 2004/10/05 17:23:00
  • Location: Lubbock, TX
  • Status: offline
RE: Boiled Toast 2004/10/06 10:53:00 (permalink)
I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one confused by it. but on a side note, of course the bread would have to be toasted first. otherwise, then it would just be boiled bread.

and as to cornbread, a super-hot cast iron skillet is the basic part of cooking good cornbread.

but then my grandaddy would soak his cornbread in a glass of buttermilk.
#45
delosrios
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Joined: 2004/12/01 18:32:00
  • Location: corpus christi, TX
  • Status: offline
RE: Boiled Toast 2004/12/01 19:12:06 (permalink)
duh*****boiled toast*****I've been around a while and never have I heard of boiled toast.....maybe coffee.....I gotta tell there's a lot to be said for french toast..I'm gonna go cook...puke, boiled toast sounds like food for roaches.......
#46
TheHotPepper.com
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 322
  • Joined: 2004/11/24 17:53:00
  • Location: NY, NY
  • Status: offline
RE: Boiled Toast 2004/12/12 23:36:31 (permalink)
Boiled toast? sounds like a soggy mess
#47
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1