Bossier City, La - Fire Mountain

Author
FATZ
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 42
2004/09/30 22:36:07 (permalink)

Bossier City, La - Fire Mountain

I've never heard of Fire Mountain. Hot Off the Grill, it says underneath. Looks nice. How is it? Anyone know?

3 Replies Related Threads

leslie1787
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 105
    RE: Bossier City, La - Fire Mountain 2004/10/03 03:09:36 (permalink)
    Fatz,
    Well, my husband is a general manager of a Fire Mountain. If you've heard of Ryan's it's the same company, just an updated concept. They are new buildings unless it's a remodel, and the new buildings are quite wonderful. The menu has been reworked a little, to include more items. The grill opens out into the dining room and you go right up to it for your steaks or whatever. No more ordering from the menu. But please, if you want a steak prepared special like blonde, or extra rare, request it and they will take care of you. As for quality,unfortunately, like any chain it all depends on the management team in place. Fire Mtn, Ryan's and Gold. Corral are all guilty of having stores out there that don't meet the grade. The Ryan's Co. used to be alot more concerned with customer service-now it's all about getting the food out with payroll constraints that are unreasonable, and worrying too much what other buffets (Golden Corral) are doing (notice how these buildings tend to look the same, and the menus copycat too). In other words the dreaded "cutting corners" looms large. I don't mean to downgrade a company that pays our bills, and the Fire Mt. that my husband runs is a good one. But, maybe not for long. He handed in his resignation two days ago, and his last days as an employee of the Ryan's group is Nov. 2.
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13565
    RE: Bossier City, La - Fire Mountain 2004/10/03 04:13:09 (permalink)
    Leslie, is there a Fire Mountain close to knoxvlle,

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    leslie1787
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 105
    RE: Bossier City, La - Fire Mountain 2004/10/03 10:00:27 (permalink)
    Sundancer, the nearest Fire Mountain to Knoxville is in North Carolina. There's one in Asheboro, Salisbury, Kernersville and Albemerle. One of those is also the first Fire Mnt, not sure which. And, it is the reason for the name change. Seems they were going to put a Ryan's in that area, but there was already a steakhouse called Ryan's(privately owned and had been there for many years). So, since they couldn't legally use that name, and the property was already bought, they put their heads together and came up with the Fire Mountain concept. I think there is a ridge in that area called Fire Mountain so,thus the name, and the rustic nature reflects a lodge like atmosphere. The only Fire Mnt. in TN is Clarksville. There is also one right outside of Memphis, some in N. Georgia, a few in Louisiana, Illinois, and others I can't remember off hand. Hope this helps.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1