The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Boston Pizza--the chain. YUCK`

analei

• Total Posts: 533
Boston Pizza--the chain. YUCK` Mon, 11/28/11 1:44 PM (permalink)
I live in windsor, ontario, canada which i am happy to say has a fair selection of amazing pizza parlours etc. But then i have friends who do not thing about good food. They think chain restraurants are fabulous.
I had the worse pizza of my life and it cost me 15 dollars for a tiny baby pizza with veggies and pinapple.
Horrid crust, tomato paste sauce (you are supposed to cook it and season it), low fat mozzerella, raw mushrroms (add a bit of oil so they do not come out like pieces of leather).
What pained me more was that it was 15 dollars for a six inche round.
The week previous I went to Vito's for authentic wood fired thin crust pizza with delicious high quality ingredients and it was a huge personal pizza. It cose me 13 dollars. Mine had pesto, tomato, grilled chicken and red peppers. You could easily feed 4 with a side salad or 2 for a main meal.  I see people going crazy for Boston Pizza and i cannot figure it out. Thick and unappetizing crust, mediocre toppings. Sighs.

brisketboy

• Total Posts: 1056
    Re:Boston Pizza--the chain. YUCK` Mon, 11/28/11 2:16 PM (permalink)
    The lack of taste for the sake of convinience is not limited to any one country. Hence the global collection of idiots that flock to McDonald's, KFC, pizza hut. You name it and they will eat the unappitizing crap and be glad to pay top dollar.

analei

• Total Posts: 533
      Re:Boston Pizza--the chain. YUCK` Mon, 11/28/11 2:33 PM (permalink)
      hi Brisketboy,

LOL..idiots. Food idiots.

It is incredibly mediocre stuff. I tried to get my friends go to diner places, out of the way little holes in the wall. Places where i have been, but the food is just amazing..and they think it is not cool or fun to be in. I do like fine dining. Oh..if i had the funds for fine dining..just a rare treat for me.

Oh well, there is no accounting for taste for those who like that standarized boring fare.
      Glad tehre is a place like Roadfood for us.

Heartbreaksoup

• Total Posts: 407
        Re:Boston Pizza--the chain. YUCK` Tue, 11/29/11 3:32 PM (permalink)
        I stopped at a Boston Pizza in Erie PA about five years ago, not knowing whether it was a chain or not.  My lesson was learned.

wheregreggeats.com

Re:Boston Pizza--the chain. YUCK` Tue, 11/29/11 4:24 PM (permalink)
          There used to be something like that in Daytona ... looked shabby ... looked hideous actually ... never went in ... (for what it's worth I did find very good pizza somewhere down Nava, across from an office depot or something.)

ces1948

• Total Posts: 1499
            Re:Boston Pizza--the chain. YUCK` Tue, 11/29/11 10:38 PM (permalink)
            We stopped in one several years ago in Niagara Falls. We didn't think much of it. But the beer was good.

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4723
              Re:Boston Pizza--the chain. YUCK` Wed, 11/30/11 9:42 AM (permalink)
              So is Boston Pizza supposed to somehow be representative of "Boston pizza"?  I don't recall Boston being mentioned much when it comes to the pizza centers of the northeastern U.S.; are there any traditional styles or semi-legendary pizza places there?

Brad

TnTinCT

Re:Boston Pizza--the chain. YUCK` Thu, 12/1/11 10:25 AM (permalink)
                Family wanted to go to one that opened near us. I ordered a burger, seriously disgusting. Not sure what "meat" was used, but it had more filler than meat, I took two bites and was done. Everything delivered to the table was unappetizing looking, and after the burger taste I didn't bother to try anything else. I too prefer local food joints, and work hard to convince the extended family to support local restaurants instead of chains.

sk bob

• Total Posts: 1801
                  Re:Boston Pizza--the chain. YUCK` Thu, 12/1/11 9:25 PM (permalink)
                  wheregreggeats.com

There used to be something like that in Daytona ... looked shabby ... looked hideous actually ... never went in ... (for what it's worth I did find very good pizza somewhere down Nava, across from an office depot or something.)

that one was not a chain it was family owned. it did look shabby but the pizza wasn't bad.
                  its not Nava, its Nova RD. its Pete's Pizza in the plaza across from Office Depot at the corner of Nova RD. & Beville RD.
                  I meet BaahBen & JohnA there once in a while for lunch.
                  great pizza & its convenient because I work right across the street from it.

Wintahaba

• Total Posts: 109
                    Re:Boston Pizza--the chain. YUCK` Wed, 12/7/11 4:35 PM (permalink)
                    We had one in Appleton and one in Green Bay....they lasted a year or 2.  It seemed to me another "lets be everything kind of place"...pizza, italian, mexican, potstickers, sports bar,etc., but do nothing great.  The one in Green Bay became a Tilted Kilt and Appleton is still vacant. The "unique" use of glass, metal, and concrete in the building makes it a very tough retrofit, in addition to the very high asking price IMO.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                      • No New Messages
                      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                      • Locked w/ New Messages
                      • Locked w/o New Messages
                      • Read Message
                      • Post New Thread
                      • Reply to message
                      • Post New Poll
                      • Submit Vote
                      • Post reward post
                      • Delete my own posts
                      • Delete my own threads
                      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com