The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Boys ONLY

Scorereader

• Total Posts: 5546
Boys ONLY Thu, 06/8/06 6:59 PM (permalink)
I have nothing important to say. I'm just feeling left out of the other thread.

Girl's only! humph.

Oh well...I'll make a fort...up a tree, and I will rule down from above! And there will be a BIG SIGN and it will sayNO GIRLS ALLOWED!X!X!X!

well...here's to feeling out of the loop!

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15057
    • Roadfood Insider
    RE: Boys ONLY Thu, 06/8/06 7:20 PM (permalink)

Scorereader,
    McDuff the wonder dog read your post and immediately ran (not walked) out to the garden and pee'd on Janet's Lettuce patch. I'm not really sure if that is a signal that he joins you in your uphill battle against the rising tide of sexism, but IT DID seem to make him feel better. He is now resting his little doggie nose on an empty Shiner's bottle on the porch.

Carry on the good work.

V960

• Total Posts: 2429
      RE: Boys ONLY Thu, 06/8/06 8:35 PM (permalink)
      Boys only? Who has power tools? Who has a shop? Who has a frig in said shop w/ adult beverages?

Go get your hair done...who cares...well I do because I'm going to mess it up later. I love women, especially my wife.

Vince Macek

• Total Posts: 855
        RE: Boys ONLY Thu, 06/8/06 10:15 PM (permalink)
        Scorereader: Yeah, we should organize a branch of the He-Man Woman-Haters Club - but I can't type my 'n's backward.

WVHillbilly

• Total Posts: 406
          RE: Boys ONLY Thu, 06/8/06 11:33 PM (permalink)
          You bunch of knuckle dragging cretins!

EdSails

• Total Posts: 3541
            RE: Boys ONLY Fri, 06/9/06 1:03 AM (permalink)
            quote:
            Originally posted by WVHillbilly

You bunch of knuckle dragging cretins!

Watch it......I reemble thst remark!

mr chips

• Total Posts: 4715
              RE: Boys ONLY Fri, 06/9/06 1:08 AM (permalink)
              Boys rule, girls drool(I stole that one from son Sam)!

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15057
                • Roadfood Insider
                RE: Boys ONLY Fri, 06/9/06 9:06 AM (permalink)

Sam's Right!

Copperhedzkettle

• Total Posts: 293
                  RE: Boys ONLY Fri, 06/9/06 10:40 AM (permalink)

Scorereader

ROFL, Somehow I can't imagine you feeling left out about any conversation pertaining to women. The topic "Girls Only" was misleading as most of my topics are. Lots of guys posted there about females, and in my opinion their input was some of the best! I just meant to post stuf about girls and girl stuff, not that guys couldn't have any input.

You are hereby cordially invited to post there!
                  Special Invitation To Scorereader, and all other guys who wanna say something on that thread! From Copperoo.

BTW, with six older brothers I was always left out of everything, they avoided me like the plague.......but I admit I was quite a pest and followed them EVERYWHERE.

I Shot bottle rockets at their tree house with them in it (yeah, they had one but it didn't say "no girls", it said "Copper is evil and therefore must be destroyed", or something like that I can't post here)

I later threatened to pile dead wood and leaves around the trunk and start a fire with my trusty magnifying glass iffen they didnt let down the rope ladder so I could come up there. (Dad said iffen he caught me with a lighter or matches after the bottle rocket incident he would tan my hide, so I had to come up with an alternative) The cowards ratted me out to Dad, I told him I was studying Joan of Arc at school and was conducting an experiment. Didn't work, he blistered my tail.

One time I even told the most undesireable girls (in my bros opinions) at school that my bros had crushes on them but were just to shy to tell them etc...etc...etc. Them gals followed them, passed them notes in class, and bugged the heck out'em for months! (YEAH, I know that was mean, there was really nothing wrong with the girls.....my brothers were all very handsome, football heroes....blah, blah, blah) I personally thought they needed a lesson in humility.

Bwa-hahhahhahahhhhhha

Mayor
                  McDuff the leg hiker????? (snicker)
                  Janet gonna clean his plough!

V960
                  " Boys only? Who has power tools? Who has a shop? Who has a frig in said shop w/ adult beverages?

Go get your hair done...who cares...well I do because I'm going to mess it up later. I love women, especially my wife.
                  "

Copper is kicking and screaming with laughter, I thought my man was the only who loved that freshly "freaked" hairdo!

NOW FOR SOME MAN TALK!

The Shop:
                  His Side (mosly metal, tool and dye stuff) Gunsmith hobbyist.

My Side (mostly woodworking and wood carving tools) he buys me stuff cos I use his high dollar metal drill bits on the drill press and misc blades to make birdhouses, signs and artistic scrollsaw. Now I have my own . I know iffen I continue to use his fancy torch to melt the silver I make jewelry out of, I'll get my own. His is too heavy anyways.

My side:

I know sawdust and metal work don't go well together, so most of the time I tote my tools to the picnic table.....although not FAR from These two Babies:

Ice Cold Adult Beverages! Yummy!

Our toys:

1. 6.5 hp tiller is mine.
                  2. 42" cut Craftsman with cart is mine, I use it to tote my tools to the picnic table
                  3. 46" cut caftsman is mine/his. Will bout pull the front wheels off the ground in high gear.
                  (BTW) he found both these on a roll off container and rebuilt both for 'bout $120.00
                  4. Quad-runner (4-wheeler) that will SCREAM, is mine.
                  5. Motocross bike is his cos he wont let me ride it anymore.

And to be truthful about it, he bought me the tiller cos this is his ride, affectionally known as "TracTrac" He won't let me on the thing cos his Dad was killed on one.

Its the perfect size for our place cos it is heavily wooded.

What is the one tool you can't do without? (no pun intended}
                  Mine is a 9V DeWalt cordless screwdriver. I know its small potatoes to guys, but I can tighten down a screw or drill a hole with one hand without dislocating my wrist. I'm thinkin of purchasing a holster for it.

I love men, especially my man. ditto
                  The Copper

TJ Jackson

• Total Posts: 4481
                    RE: Boys ONLY Fri, 06/9/06 10:46 AM (permalink)
                    OK, who let a yucky girl in here?

Copperhedzkettle

RE: Boys ONLY Fri, 06/9/06 11:12 AM (permalink)
                      quote:
                      Originally posted by TJ Jackson

OK, who let a yucky girl in here?

I promise I been inoculated against "cooties"!

Cootie-less
                      Copper

John A

• Total Posts: 4295
                        RE: Boys ONLY Fri, 06/9/06 12:34 PM (permalink)
                        Did someone smell smoke and drop the ropeladder?

John

WVHillbilly

• Total Posts: 406
                          RE: Boys ONLY Fri, 06/9/06 12:44 PM (permalink)
                          Copper,
                          That's one big pile of . . uh. . .stuff you got there. Looks similar to my place.
                          I bin wantin tuh git me one a them scrolly saws. . . what kind you got?
                          My tractor is green. . . 50hp JD. . . 6' tiller, 6' brush hog, frt end loader, diskmower, etc. . . perfect for my place too.
                          My dirt bike is red and white. Honda.
                          My tiller is red. Troybilt.
                          My state is red. I'm blue. Can't stand those right wing corpo-fascists.

Niagara

• Total Posts: 983
                            RE: Boys ONLY Fri, 06/9/06 12:54 PM (permalink)
                            Oh boy! This is kinda like going to Lodge meetings - no girls allowed.

One of the brothers' wife compares us Masons to the Little Rascals, in a boys only tree house with a sign that says "he-man wimmen haterz club" on it.

All we need now is a crappy dinner with lots of green beans (the official Masonic veggie).

Scorereader

• Total Posts: 5546
                              RE: Boys ONLY Fri, 06/9/06 12:55 PM (permalink)
                              Would the mods please delete ANY posts by women!?! Jeesh!
                              This is MY boys only club-house and it's called Augusta National!

Sundancer7

RE: Boys ONLY Fri, 06/9/06 1:57 PM (permalink)
                                Copper, great junk yard. I love to collect all the things you got. I got a Honda tiller, Honda Metropolitan, generator on wheels, Honda snow blower (best insurance against snow I ever had, it hasn't snowed since i bought it. It is 10HP on tracks like a tank and has not been used in 10 years since we bought it new. It has now snowed since we had our last 16 inch snow). We got a bunch of other junk.

I hate a cluttered enviornment and I tend to give a bunch of stuff away.

Paul E. Smith
                                Knoxville, TN

scbuzz

• Total Posts: 844
                                  RE: Boys ONLY Fri, 06/9/06 2:17 PM (permalink)
                                  quote:
                                  Originally posted by Sundancer7

Honda tiller, Honda Metropolitan, generator on wheels ...... I tend to give a bunch of stuff away.

If you ever get the notion to give any of those away ..... call me !

You can keep the snow blower. We don't get snow in my part of South Carolina.

dreamzpainter

• Total Posts: 1609
                                    RE: Boys ONLY Fri, 06/9/06 2:36 PM (permalink)
                                    copper can play in my tree housee anytime....

V960

RE: Boys ONLY Fri, 06/9/06 4:54 PM (permalink)
                                      That Yanmar has rice paddy tires. It is what is called a grey market item but do some searches before you get...taken advantage of?...nice way of putting it...when you need parts. Local dealers generally try to really put it to you for one of these grey markets.

I think they are great and a really good deal. I have had four or five in the past few years. People see me tilling w/ one and offer double what I paid. SOLD AMERICAN!!!!

Pwingsx

• Total Posts: 2170
                                        • Location: Somewhere in time...and Colorado
                                        RE: Boys ONLY Fri, 06/9/06 6:15 PM (permalink)
                                        Silly old boys.

Copperhedzkettle

RE: Boys ONLY Sat, 06/10/06 12:22 PM (permalink)

John A
                                          " Did someone smell smoke and drop the ropeladder?"

One could only wish John, they simultaneously urinated on me and my fire. It was quite a downpour!
                                          I KNEW THE STINKERS HAD BEER UP THERE!!!!!!!!
                                          I have been traumatized ever since. The sight of six sibling's ying-yangs hanging over the rail locked and loaded is something one NEVER forgets!

WVHillbilly

1.tractrac: Yanmar ym2000, and a dang good one as V960 pointed out. I only got to ride it once cos it jumped forward, pulled the front wheels off the ground and I fell back on the Kingcutter attachment. Thank God he alwasy insists I wear a helmet.

2. 4-wheeler: Yamamha special edition 6-speed Blaster, I regularly race a neighbor on our dirt road in his souped old 70's VW, when the Man aint home to have a stroke, I hold my own!

3. Tiller: 6.5 hp MTD earthquake Badger. It Rules!!!!!!

4. Scroll saw: I have three, two are cheapies, one is decent cos it has a 16" arm on it, a light for close up detail, a blower for the sawdust and will cut wood 2" thick. It also has a metal adjustable table for 45 degree edges and such. I would love to have the kind that use a "drill" type blade because they cut in all directions and you don't have to turn your wood or back in and out. They are just too dang expensive.

Here's acoupla things I have done with mine. I started with a book of patterns, now I just draw my own.

This one is an original, but also has lots of carving with my Dremel tool after the initial scrollsaw cut out. Its 11"x11".
                                          I'll post the link and photo.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/copperslay3/hawk.jpg

This is one of my "Spirit sticks" I sell a few a year, they are just very time-consuming. This has only been scrolled out, it is awaiting carving and painting before it is finis'. It is 3'x4". Lotta work to be done!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/copperslay3/spiritstick.jpg

I have done a few fairs/shows with my man there. Its funny cos the booth mostly attracts men and they assume its MY Man that did it. He just laughs, points in my direction and sits under an umbreall sippin whiskey and sprite. Iffen you dont believe I did it, GUYZ, thass cool, I'm used to it.

Here's one entirely carved with my Dremel, along with some clay work.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/copperslay3/womanin3.jpg

Niagra
                                          My Daddy wore a ruby masonic ring til the day he died, but never went to lodge meetings, KNOW I KNOW WHY!!!!!!!

Sunny-D7
                                          "I hate a cluttered enviornment and I tend to give a bunch of stuff away."

I LOVE a cluttered environment and love to give stuff away, wanna trade,

DreamzPainter
                                          You are such a sweet man, we could collaborate and paint the treehouse beautiful colors, but NO peeing off the railing!.

V960
                                          Thanks for the info, we have had several offers since we got it last Spring. We paid peanuts......sometomes Lady luck smiles on us all,

The Handy-gal,
                                          Copperoo

V960

RE: Boys ONLY Sat, 06/10/06 4:16 PM (permalink)
                                            I think Yannmar is the produceer of the small John Deere. Might want to check on comptibility.

mr chips

RE: Boys ONLY Sun, 06/11/06 12:00 AM (permalink)
                                              A boys only forum and nothing on the NBA or NHL finals or the World Cup. For shame.

John A

• Total Posts: 4295
                                                RE: Boys ONLY Sun, 06/11/06 8:57 AM (permalink)
                                                Hey Copper,

About 55 years ago three boys and a girl standing on a bolder overlooking a creek decided to see who could pee the farthest. She beat all of us.

John

Pat T Hat

• Total Posts: 968
                                                  RE: Boys ONLY Sun, 06/11/06 11:32 AM (permalink)
                                                  Holy Smoke it must have been a cold day!

dreamzpainter

• Total Posts: 1609
                                                    • Location: jacksonville, FL
                                                    RE: Boys ONLY Sun, 06/11/06 2:57 PM (permalink)
                                                    No way us boys would have pee'd on sis.. that crazy redhead woulda tied us to the bed and set fire to it!or worse....... nope dont bare thinkin about...

Copperhedzkettle

• Location: Hogansville, GA
                                                      RE: Boys ONLY Mon, 06/12/06 3:12 PM (permalink)
                                                      quote:
                                                      Originally posted by John A

Hey Copper,

About 55 years ago three boys and a girl standing on a bolder overlooking a creek decided to see who could pee the farthest. She beat all of us.

John

I hear ya John, there was a thread some months back about this. My Grandma taught me to whiz standing up when I was a wee lass, lets just say it takes a bit of "handiwork". Beats the heck outta poison ivey on yer backside anyday.

Just
                                                      lLet me back up a coupla beers and I'll put all you boyz to shame! Problem with my bros was, I haven't figured how to whiz UP a tree.

And Pat T Hat
                                                      the cold don't affect us!

Bwa-hahahahahhahahahhahahahhaha

Inu-Yasha!

• Total Posts: 1
                                                        • Location: Dullsville, FL
                                                        RE: Boys ONLY Tue, 06/27/06 11:20 PM (permalink)
                                                        Hey Peoples!

mr chips

• Location: portland, OR
                                                          RE: Boys ONLY Wed, 06/28/06 2:21 AM (permalink)
                                                          quote:
                                                          Originally posted by Inu-Yasha!

Hey Peoples!
                                                          ????????????????????

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                            • No New Messages
                                                            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                            • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                            • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                            • Read Message
                                                            • Post New Thread
                                                            • Reply to message
                                                            • Post New Poll
                                                            • Submit Vote
                                                            • Post reward post
                                                            • Delete my own posts
                                                            • Delete my own threads
                                                            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com