The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Brady Texas 37th Annual International Goat Cook Off: The Goat Goes on Forever and the Part

scrumptiouschef

• Total Posts: 640
Brady Texas 37th Annual International Goat Cook Off: The Goat Goes on Forever and the Part Sat, 09/11/10 2:50 PM (permalink)
Goat's a big deal out in McCullough county Texas. The good folks of Brady celebrate it each year by having an international goat cook off where talented teams like Waco Boys Cooking Team and Hambright Original duke it out to see who barbecues the best goat in the world.

I made my way out there last weekend and took in a full day of goat eating and goat oriented fun. They even had goat queens and goat princesses to hand out the awards.

www.chowpapi.com

Full report with color photos.

It's the best food party I've ever been to in the state of Texas and well worth the 300 or so round mile trip I make from Austin each year.

Texianjoe

• Total Posts: 639
    Re:Brady Texas 37th Annual International Goat Cook Off: The Goat Goes on Forever and the P Sun, 09/12/10 2:29 PM (permalink)
    I went last year.  It was a little muddy, but it was a lot of fun.  Can't wait to see the pics.
    Joe

Play27

• Total Posts: 113
      Re:Brady Texas 37th Annual International Goat Cook Off: The Goat Goes on Forever and the P Wed, 09/15/10 12:44 PM (permalink)
      Ahhhh, cabrito. I miss it. I wonder if I can get my kids to eat baby goat?

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15062
        • Roadfood Insider
        Re:Brady Texas 37th Annual International Goat Cook Off: The Goat Goes on Forever and the P Wed, 09/15/10 1:06 PM (permalink)
        That's an interesting link. The write-up of the Goat competition makes me recall when a good BBQ competition included the visitors in the celebration!
        I also liked the review of the "Best Kolache in Texas" !!!

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9551
          Re:Brady Texas 37th Annual International Goat Cook Off: The Goat Goes on Forever and the P Thu, 09/16/10 4:20 AM (permalink)
          How do they select the Goat Queen? Is it the one who most smells like a goat?

scrumptiouschef

• Total Posts: 640
            Re:Brady Texas 37th Annual International Goat Cook Off: The Goat Goes on Forever and the P Sun, 09/19/10 11:50 AM (permalink)
            Mayor Al,
            Thanks for checking out the site. I found Weikel's on roadfood years ago. Glad that it's 90 miles from Austin or I'd weigh 300lbs.

Downthread: Not sure how they pick the goat queen and princesses but I doubt if aroma plays a part. It's hard to smell anything but wood fires and sizzling goat flesh on Labor Day weekend in Brady Texas.

mr chips

• Total Posts: 4715
              Re:Brady Texas 37th Annual International Goat Cook Off: The Goat Goes on Forever and the P Tue, 11/2/10 4:42 AM (permalink)
              I've had cabrito in San Antonio and Monterrey in Mexico. An acquired taste but one I did not mind.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                • No New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                • Locked w/ New Messages
                • Locked w/o New Messages
                • Read Message
                • Post New Thread
                • Reply to message
                • Post New Poll
                • Submit Vote
                • Post reward post
                • Delete my own posts
                • Delete my own threads
                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com