Bratwurst WI-GA Fusion

Author
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10326
Flagged as Spam (1)
2009/05/10 00:05:45 (permalink)

Bratwurst WI-GA Fusion

OK BRATS CONESUERS!! Here's an out of the box treat!!
THE Civil  WAR IS OVER!!
NORTH MEETS SOUTH!!
This cooking style is called "Redneck - Cheese Head Fusion"
WI meets GA!!

Would you believe Johnsonville Brats and Collard Greens????

I put some links of Brats in a pot with a can of Collard Greens with no Onions or Beer and heated it up. (Will use Onions & Beer in the Future). Made a nest of Collard  Greens on a plate, Sprinkled  Greens with CRYSTAL Hot Sauce. Put Brats in the nest and served with Mashed Potatoes----Delicious!!!!! 
post edited by Foodbme - 2009/05/10 00:07:52

16 Replies Related Threads

CLVdog
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 53
    Re:Bratwurst WI-GA Fusion 2009/05/10 01:03:23 (permalink)
    Brats and greens are great together but for even more spice try Bauernwurst or Deprazinas (I probably spelled that wrong) with it - Oh - and with a side of German style potato salad.
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    Re:Bratwurst WI-GA Fusion 2009/05/10 02:00:07 (permalink)
    As I was eating this concocton, I realized I like Collard Greens with my Brats as opposed to Sauerkraut!!. Next time I'll have this stuff on a bun.
    OK youze Cart Guys--Who's going to be the first to sell it!!
    Pancho
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 915
    Re:Bratwurst WI-GA Fusion 2009/05/10 06:28:51 (permalink)
    You calling that "your invention"? Man, I grew up in the South and love collards and have doing the brat/collard mix for years! Best of both worlds.....and here I thought I was the only one.
    MilwFoodlovers
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3160
    Re:Bratwurst WI-GA Fusion 2009/05/10 06:59:50 (permalink)
    Pancho, my mother, my sister and her family live in Madison. Are there any Madison restaurants that serve proper greens?
    ScreamingChicken
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5148
    Re:Bratwurst WI-GA Fusion 2009/05/11 11:24:39 (permalink)
    MFL, have them try Doug's Soul Food Cafe on the south side (on Greenway Cross just south of Fish Hatchery Rd).

Unfortunately I can't speak from personal experience.  While I could probably get there from my office in less than a minute by car, it's not open for lunch.

Brad
    ann peeples
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8494
    Re:Bratwurst WI-GA Fusion 2009/05/11 11:36:30 (permalink)
    Great sounding place, Brad!!Will have to give it a go next time I am in Mad-town...
    rjb
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 451
    Re:Bratwurst WI-GA Fusion 2009/05/11 11:48:42 (permalink)
    Foodbme

THE Civil  WAR IS OVER!!
    NORTH MEETS SOUTH!!
    WI meets GA!!

I put some links of Brats in a pot with a can of Collard Greens with no Onions or Beer and heated it up. (Will use Onions & Beer in the Future). Made a nest of Collard  Greens on a plate, Sprinkled  Greens with CRYSTAL Hot Sauce. Put Brats in the nest and served with Mashed Potatoes----Delicious!!!!! 

Flagged again, I notice. 
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    Re:Bratwurst WI-GA Fusion 2009/05/11 13:00:42 (permalink)
    rjb

Foodbme

THE Civil  WAR IS OVER!!
    NORTH MEETS SOUTH!!
    WI meets GA!!

Flagged again, I notice. 

Yep, Flagged Again?? I was going to ignore it but since you mentioned it, I'd like to respond. I can't be sure what their beef is since they lurk & hide in the shadows and never post a comment, but I guess some Thin-Skinned, Overly Sensitive Member of the PC Police Squad decided to object to my using the words Redneck & Cheese Head in the post. These are common terms that have been used openly for a long time to describe people from a particular region of this great country. I've never heard a Redneck or a Cheese Head object to being called that. I'm sure their out there but I've never met one. There is and was no intention to use those terms in a derogatory manner . Whoever this person is needs to get a real life and quit playing God with what THEY think is appropriate and what's not.
    Memo to the Powers That Be for this web site:
    I suggest that the only people who can flag a post as inappropriate should be the moderators or the site managers. Even then they should identify themselves and send a private message to the poster explaining why it was flagged. Allowing over 50,000 subscribers to decide what's appropriate is rediculous!

post edited by Foodbme - 2009/05/11 13:02:27
    rjb
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 451
    Re:Bratwurst WI-GA Fusion 2009/05/11 15:31:19 (permalink)
    I still think its because you persist in posting about food, rather than about hotdog carts and the myriad fascinating issues related thereto.  At present, only five of the nine homepage posts are about hotdog carts, which is nearly 30% below the minimum standard.

NB:  Keep up the good work
    wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7905
    Re:Bratwurst WI-GA Fusion 2009/05/11 15:42:30 (permalink)
    I have a feeling that this was flagged because it should have been posted under recipes and cooking

I believe the hotdoge/sausage/bratwurst section is for specifically discussing restaurants, carts, etc that serve this stuff..
    I'll go right out and say that I don't think this thread has any relevance to Roadfood (and no I'm not the one who flagged the initial thread) but then again, it seems that many of the posters on the forum would rather discuss what they cooked and then
    how great the new grilled chicken is at KFC

No wonder why all of the traditional roadfood restaurants have gone out of business.

MiamiDon
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4306
    Re:Bratwurst WI-GA Fusion 2009/05/11 16:01:41 (permalink)
    I agree with you, wanderingjew.  If I understand correctly about the Inappropriate Message mechanism, it automatically sends a message to the forum moderator.
    MilwFoodlovers
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3160
    Re:Bratwurst WI-GA Fusion 2009/05/11 16:20:41 (permalink)
    I don't mind being called a cheesehead; it's much better than being called late for dinner.<insert rim shot and cymbal crash here>  I love collards, I love bratwurst. Next time I make brats I'll do some collards and try it out myself. Would you suggest a little cubed bacon or ham along with some onion in the collards or would that be over the top?
    ann peeples
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8494
    Re:Bratwurst WI-GA Fusion 2009/05/11 16:56:13 (permalink)
    I agree with my friend MFL- am proud to be a cheesehead-and love collard greens.
    PapaJoe8
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5504
    Re:Bratwurst WI-GA Fusion 2009/05/11 17:13:01 (permalink)
    FoodB and Pancho... sounds great. I can't beleivyyeee I have never tried it! Da...

But... I will! Thanks yall!!!
    Joe
    Pancho
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 915
    Re:Bratwurst WI-GA Fusion 2009/05/11 18:15:37 (permalink)
    Pancho

You calling that "your invention"? Man, I grew up in the South and love collards and have doing the brat/collard mix for years! Best of both worlds.....and here I thought I was the only one.

RE: greens in Madison....as Brad mentioned, Doug's Soul Food Cafe has "proper greens". I've been there a few times and they are fine....albiet not as good as mine. I find that a lot of places give you such small portions of vegetable sides. I usually double up on the greens.
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    Re:Bratwurst WI-GA Fusion 2009/05/12 01:36:46 (permalink)
    Pancho

I never claimed it to be "My invention" I just tried it and passed it along for those who might never have considered this combination. That's the beauty of Roadfood--Once you think you have a new idea, someone, somewhere has probably tried it but never expressed it. It brings people out of the woodwork!

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1