Brazillian churrascarias/steakhouse

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Author
roossy90
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6695
RE: Brazillian churrascarias/steakhouse 2006/02/12 13:14:14 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by hefried

i just noticed there is a new churriscia ( sp??) in Portland... i saw an add in the paper. haven't heard of anyone going. i'd like to try.

Maine, or Oregon?
Milt
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 354
RE: Brazillian churrascarias/steakhouse 2006/02/12 17:11:05 (permalink)
Since johnnymolson is from Ogdensburg, New York - I would guess Maine.
larrygeller
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 17
RE: Brazillian churrascarias/steakhouse 2006/03/02 13:26:54 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by johnnymolson

I tried Greenfield churrascaria when I was on vacation in Washington last summer. Loved it! I wish I had one in my area. Nothing like having a variety of fresh, hot meat being delivered to your table and carved right onto your plate!
In assume you mean the one in Rockville. We ate there in January (were staying at the hotel right next door), and it was much better than the one in Queens (BTW, The Master Grill has gone out of business).
Niagara
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 984
RE: Brazillian churrascarias/steakhouse 2006/03/08 15:46:13 (permalink)
Anybody tried the Brazilian places in Vegas? We're going out there later this month, and the one in the Mirage looked good.
roossy90
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6695
RE: Brazillian churrascarias/steakhouse 2006/03/08 20:17:33 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Milt

Since johnnymolson is from Ogdensburg, New York - I would guess Maine.

Thats still a hell of a truck, though....
jevmass
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 34
RE: Brazillian churrascarias/steakhouse 2006/03/08 21:37:57 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by tmiles

quote:
Originally posted by roossy90

quote:
Originally posted by tmiles

The Brazilian/american chief at an Itali/Ameri/Nouv/Hotspot restaurant that I go to has mentioned one to me that is in Framingham , Mass. He has suggested that I try it. I will not say more lest I get him in trouble.........both he and his boss lurk here, but I do think that it is a real and fast growing concept. Here in Massachusetts, Brazilians are rapidly becoming an important part of our urban ethnic mix, and I have heard more than once that they are moving into management and ownership positions faster than anyone expected. I understand that a bright 30ish Brazilian who has been working here in the food biz for say 8 to 10 years, is a hot property for partnering with people who want to invest in the restaurant biz. I am sure that dreams of Brazil concept chains are hatching all over the USA.

As not to upset the apple cart, I emailed you for the address of the above mentioned restaurant. I used to live in Marlboro, and now I am in Maine and do occasionally get down that way to visit friends, and would like to try that place out.
And of course hit JP's for a lobster roll.
Tara

I don't know the name of the place, but he said it is on Rt 9 eastbound a little past the exit for Framingham State College. The topic that I didn't want to touch is why the chief at a very good restaurant would tell me to go someplace else.

The name of the place is:
Ipanema Brazilian Grill
17 Edgell Road
Framingham, MA 01702

It's in the old Liam's/Martini's restaurant.

Heads up - it's off Route 9 West...

Regards,
James
Catracks
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 196
RE: Brazillian churrascarias/steakhouse 2006/03/09 15:58:02 (permalink)
quote:
Anybody tried the Brazilian places in Vegas? We're going out there later this month, and the one in the Mirage looked good.

Try Rum Jungle at Mandalay Bay for a twist on churrascaria. The food there is to die for as are the rum drinks.

I had my wedding reception at a churrascaria in Redondo Beach, CA. Name was Samba. Everyone had an incredible time.
Celeste
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 14
RE: Brazillian churrascarias/steakhouse 2006/03/25 23:25:09 (permalink)
We were in the Riviera Maya a couple years ago and enjoyed a Argentinian style restaurant for the first time at an all-inclusive resort.

It was the best meal of the entire vacation. The reason I'm replying to this post was the Sweetbreads. Don't turn your nose up at cow glands if it's offered to you...they were fabulous and memorable!

LOVES!

Celeste
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1