Breadmaker dough blade

Author
wainmanl
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
2003/07/05 14:01:26 (permalink)

Breadmaker dough blade

On the off chance someone out there has an older model breadmaker listed below, and doesn't use it AND wouldn't mind selling the blade (or the whole unit) I'd appreciate hearing from you! Yes, a kind hearted soul recently 'helped' clean up and mistook the blade for an old piece of bread, and into the garbage it went. The breadmaker is no longer available and parts, of course, are not also. So, here goes: Citizen Model J5742
Many thanks. You never know...
Nice forum, by the way!

wainmanl

7 Replies Related Threads

Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13509
    RE: Breadmaker dough blade 2003/07/05 14:05:40 (permalink)
    Unless your breadmake is a super rare model that is worth a lot of money or does some kind of strange tricks, I would suggest going to Walmart and buying a new one. They are very inexpensive and your are taking a chance that what you got has a long life left, that what you get will work.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    wainmanl
    Junior Burger
    RE: Breadmaker dough blade 2003/07/05 14:16:09 (permalink)
    Actually, I had no idea how inexpensive they were. I just need a basic model. Just went to Walmart's site and they have one that will suffice quite nicely for $45 Canadian. Many thanks.

mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15285
    RE: Breadmaker dough blade 2003/07/05 15:47:49 (permalink)
    Another walking testimonial for the disposable society!!!
    When I didn't drain the pump on my orchard sprayer correctly last Winter...The housing on the pump cracked. The whole Sprayer was only $125.00...A New housing for the pump was $73.00. Somehow that just doesn't add up...but I fixed it this time..And let's see if I can do it right next winter.[|)]
    ocdreamr
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1110
    RE: Breadmaker dough blade 2003/07/05 17:03:11 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Al-The Mayor-Bowen

Another walking testimonial for the disposable society!!!
    When I didn't drain the pump on my orchard sprayer correctly last Winter...The housing on the pump cracked. The whole Sprayer was only $125.00...A New housing for the pump was $73.00. Somehow that just doesn't add up...but I fixed it this time..And let's see if I can do it right next winter.[|)]

Mr Mayor
    remember when you were a kid & every small town had at least 1 r 2 TV & radio repair places? Try & find one today. Just toss it & buy a new one.
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15285
    RE: Breadmaker dough blade 2003/07/05 19:38:59 (permalink)
    Dreamer...
    I can reach back a bit further...All the large Supermarkets and Kmart type stores (before WalMart) had "Tube Testers"..When the TV or Radio broke, Dad would take a handfull of tubes down to the store...and plug them in one at a time..running some kind of a mystery test on them. He would then buy a replacement for whichever turned up as non-functional. It was all very complex and proved to a little boy that Dads had a lot of knowledge of Modern Communications. (He was a CPA--- with no knowledge of what he was doing with the parts, I learned later)
    ocdreamr
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1110
    RE: Breadmaker dough blade 2003/07/05 23:34:29 (permalink)
    Mr Mayor

I remember the tube testers in the stores but my Dad wouldn't touch it if it had anything to do with electricity. His best friend was the handy man, built us a club basement with a bar - all in knotty pine, flagstone patio with roof built into the house, ditto for roof over front porch. During all this building my Dad played the part of the gofer. The thing is, my Dad knew what to do, he just didn't like to do it.
    Another thing that's disappearing is a good shoemaker. You could take them anything & they could fix it. Reheeling & resoling shoes was something you did regularly, styles didn't change that quickly.
    wainmanl
    Junior Burger
    RE: Breadmaker dough blade 2003/07/06 11:54:03 (permalink)
    Don't know if I'm dating myself but, not only do I remember TV tubes, I remember when the TV repairman came to our house to simply replace a tube! And doctors and milkmen...

wainmanl
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1