The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Breakfast at St Pete's Frog Pond

the ancient mariner

• Total Posts: 3987
Breakfast at St Pete's Frog Pond Tue, 06/1/10 3:51 PM (permalink)
Sunday is not a good morning to visiit The Frog Pond in St Pete------it is busy, busy.
I don't know if their parent restaurant is also, but I can guess it is.  During the
season there are people waiting outside, and every table full from opening til 2 PM closing. 

That's it---The Frog is open for b'fast and lunch and it is worth waiting for.

On the cover of their menu is their story and philosophy.  Open since 1982---wow 38 years
----a lot of chickens have worked day and night keeping up the egg inventory.  The Frogs 
story is lots of good food prepared well.  And that is what we got.. 

No Fast Food-----they say their food is not served in cardboard, and doesn't taste
like cardboard either.

Mary had pancakes---huge----as large as the plate ----3 big, thick, juicy pancakes----she could
only finish one--------------I had the hash and eggs, home fries, tomatoe slices and toast.
All the coffee or tea you can drink-------bill was $20 and change.  Service was great.

Sorry no pictures---didn't wind up the Brownie.  Next time remind me will you.

The #1 Frog Pond is on Gulf Blvd, Remington Beach and #2 on Gulf Blvd, St Pete Beach. 
Try it you'll like it. 

<message edited by the ancient mariner on Tue, 06/1/10 3:54 PM>

seafarer john

Re:Breakfast at St Pete's Frog Pond Tue, 06/1/10 5:23 PM (permalink)
    Well, ancient one, I'm glad you liked the Frog Pond. For several years we always went to the place diagonally across the street (Beverly's, I think), but a few years ago it seemed to have changed, and not for the better, so we've been Frog Pond fans ever since. 

The portions are huge, the service is excellent, the food is tasty - Gail goes for the SOS and I usually have the corned beef hash and poached eggs. I ordered the pancakes once - they were very good, loaded with goodies, but way too much to eat.

We get up early on Sunday and beat the crowds  -got to be there before the churches let out. Also, in the Winter there is a pretty good Farmer's Market on the street  nearby.

Cheers, John 

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
      • No New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
      • Locked w/ New Messages
      • Locked w/o New Messages
      • Read Message
      • Post New Thread
      • Reply to message
      • Post New Poll
      • Submit Vote
      • Post reward post
      • Delete my own posts
      • Delete my own threads
      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com