Breakfast in Birmingham,Alabama

Author
iqdiva
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1491
2007/02/15 12:53:55 (permalink)

Breakfast in Birmingham,Alabama

Where is a good place for breakfast in Birmingham,Alabama?

5 Replies Related Threads

ChopChop
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 46
    RE: Breakfast in Birmingham,Alabama 2007/02/15 13:19:25 (permalink)
    The Original Pancake House downtown in the Five Points area is good. Weekends expect a line. I love the Dutch Baby pancake and the fact that they'll give you real cream for your coffee.

Sundays, Cosmos Pizza offers a really nice brunch. They have a make-your-own Bloody Mary bar that rocks. This is also in the Five Points area.

Are you only in Birmingham for breakfast?
    iqdiva
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1491
    RE: Breakfast in Birmingham,Alabama 2007/02/15 13:31:04 (permalink)
    No,I'm going to be at UAB for some tests Mon.Feb.26th and Tues.27th.
    buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10518
    RE: Breakfast in Birmingham,Alabama 2007/02/15 13:42:37 (permalink)
    I've never been there, but I have heard good things about Bogue's.
    BhamBabe
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 879
    RE: Breakfast in Birmingham,Alabama 2007/02/15 15:13:39 (permalink)
    Courtney's Restaurant on 24th. Right up from the main hospital on the same side of the street as the old emergency room. Ask which side that was and keep going up. Breakfast is inexpensive, lunch is a meat and three or hamburgers from reg to jumbos. Nothing we had was over 6 bucks and it tasted wonderful! In and out quick too but they don't mind if you sit and sip coffee either. There is a big statue out front. It looks sorta like an upright squiggle of a rainbow. Known as Leprechaun Lane.
    BhamBabe
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 879
    RE: Breakfast in Birmingham,Alabama 2007/02/15 15:32:04 (permalink)
    Ted's Old Hickory Cafeteria on 328 12th Street South. Rib eye steaks with all the trimmings for breakfast, belgian waffles, grits, Italian sausage, ham, country fried potatoes...just all kinds of lovely things.

They do lunch too. Daily specials. Mondays are: Chicken and dumplings, veal cutlets, spaghetti and meat sauce and roast beef. Veggies include: black eyed peas, fried okra, and zukes and eggplant.
    Tuesdays are: Chicken pot pie, chopped steak, stuffed bell peppers, Pastitsio (a nice greek dish) roast pork loin Veggies include: Butterbeans, Okra and tomatoes, fried green tomatoes and mac and cheese. They have pies, strawberry, coconut, lemon icebox, pecan sweet potato and cobblers plus banana pudding. There are also way more other choices that they serve daily, in addition to what I just listed. Chicken and such, with a bit of a hand on the Greek side and all of it good.

I only know this much because my daddy is working downtown and I had just happened to look this info up for him just yesterday. Here's the complete daily menu with the extras listed: http://www.birminghammenus.com/teds/tedsmenu.pdf I can recommend it personally as well. I love Ted's.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1