Breitbach's (Balltown IA) Rises from Ashes!

Author
bcoffeyia
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 4
2008/08/28 07:54:55 (permalink)

Breitbach's (Balltown IA) Rises from Ashes!

Christmas Eve, 2007, Breitbach's in Balltown, Iowa, was destroyed by fire. It's the oldest continually operating food establishment in Iowa right on the most scenic spot in Iowa. What a loss that was. But for a change, some spirit-lifting news! The new Breitbach's is open and is beautiful! They've taken the same floor plan, but added vaulted ceilings, oak beams, a fireplace, beautiful woodwork - you have to see it. And the food, thankfully, is just as good. Stop by this fall and celebrate the restaurant's return and the spirit of the Breitbach's and their friends and fans who volunteered to help throughout the construction. And the pies are still great!

3 Replies Related Threads

buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10445
    RE: Breitbach's (Balltown IA) Rises from Ashes! 2008/08/28 08:02:41 (permalink)
    This thread also has a link to a newspaper article and a tv news report.

http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28226
    Birdhunter
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 96
    RE: Breitbach's (Balltown IA) Rises from Ashes! 2008/08/28 10:31:46 (permalink)
    I was just at Balltown 2 weeks ago with some friends on our motorcycles.
    If you were never at the old place before it burned, it doesn't have the same warm feeling that the old one had,all the old fixtures that were hanging on the walls were lost. But his wife said the first things a man grabs when a fire breaks out is his Guns, not family pictures.They all hang in the bar area.
    The food is the same and so is the Walnut Pie. They have a large buffets on Saturday's when the Biker's groups and the other arrive.
    wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7921
    RE: Breitbach's (Balltown IA) Rises from Ashes! 2008/08/28 10:49:00 (permalink)
    I am somewhat surprised (no, scratch that) VERY SHOCKED " /> that they do not have a website with a menu...

I'm assuming they have Iowa Chops on the menu

I hope to visit in 2010 as I'll be in that part of the country for the new Twins Ballparin in Minneapolis.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1