Brunch near Edinboro, PA

Author
Ralph Melton
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 902
2011/04/15 12:45:00 (permalink)

Brunch near Edinboro, PA

Lori and I are going to Edinboro, PA for a reunion this weekend. Dinner will probably be determined by the reunion, but I have hopes of eating somewhere nice for brunch before coming home.

Searching for Edinboro has come up short, to little surprise. Searching for Erie has also painted a somewhat bleak picture.

Some useful posts I've found:
http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/fb.ashx?m=517303
http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/fb.ashx?m=579470
http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/fb.ashx?m=223924

It looks like a best chance for a distinctive brunch near Erie might be a Dinor (the local spelling) nearby. Any recommendations for a good one? Is there any other good brunch option I'm missing?

2 Replies Related Threads

Ralph Melton
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 902
    Re:Brunch near Edinboro, PA 2011/04/19 17:20:39 (permalink)
    Based on my experiences, I might guess that this got no responses because people were abiding by "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

We got pizza at Charlie's Pizza Pub, and it was pretty lousy; pale soft crust that seemed eager to be rid of its toppings at every opportunity.

Breakfast on Sunday was at Perkins, because the Crossroads Dinor was closed.

On the way back, though, we stopped at Eddie's Footlong in Meadville and got a tasty hot dog with the works: ketchup, mustard, relish, sauerkraut, and sloppy joe sauce.
    Untitled by Ralph Melton, on Flickr

Across the street from Eddie's, we went to Casey's Ice Cream and had a couple of tasty cones of their "super premium" ice cream. I really liked my Pecan Praline ice cream, which tasted exactly like a Louisiana praline. I found it a bit too sweet at first, but as my tongue numbed a bit, I was left tasting mostly delicious pecans.

Lori chose the Meadville Mud. From their website: "Double Dutch Chocolate Ice Cream with Chunks of our Homemade Chocolate Fudge, Swirled with our fudge Sauce"

Two more of their unusual flavors. I didn't sample the tupelo honey ice cream, but I did sample the bacon ice cream. I would judge it not a success; the bacon pieces were very soft and mushy, which made encountering them unpleasant.
    buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10475
    Re:Brunch near Edinboro, PA 2011/04/19 17:46:05 (permalink)
    Sorry to hear about the bad pizza and having to go to Perkins.  At least Eddie's came through for you guys.  It sounds like your experience at Casey's was much better than ours.  The pictures look great, especially the ice cream.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1