Bryan's Pink Pig BBQ

Author
Mags81
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 84
2005/01/19 18:37:37 (permalink)

Bryan's Pink Pig BBQ

This BBQ joint is located in Levy, Sc and is very hard to find. In fact I've only found it once on my way to Savannah and don't you know it happened to be closed that day. That was about five years ago. Every year on my way to Savannah I tried looking for it again but haven't been able to find it. Has anyone ever eaten there - how is it. Is it worth trying to find when I head down that way again this year or should I just forget about it. If anyone thinks it worth the trip and knows some good directions coming from the Hardeeville Sc area - that would be greatly appreciated - Mike

4 Replies Related Threads

TLHJACK
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 7
    RE: Bryan's Pink Pig BBQ 2006/12/07 10:30:02 (permalink)
    I tried it December, 2003 and found it to be only OK. To locate it, I did a Mapquest search on "Levy, South Carolina." That was the only way I was able to get there.
    travismac
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: Bryan's Pink Pig BBQ 2008/05/13 14:07:18 (permalink)
    The Pink Pig is delicious BBQ and definitely worth the drive over the Savannah River! The atmosphere is definitely charming with a delightfully eclectic music selection completing the experience.

rumaki
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1067
    RE: Bryan's Pink Pig BBQ 2008/05/13 14:21:04 (permalink)
    I visited there in the summer of 2007 (or maybe 2006), and like TLHJACK I found it through the magic of Mapquest. We arrived just as they were closing at the end of Saturday lunch service, so we were not allowed to have sit down service, but were permitted to get carry-out sandwiches, which we ate on the front porch of the restaurant. The staff was pleasant enough and the sandwiches were fine -- not outstanding, but good.
    Baah Ben
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3026
    RE: Bryan's Pink Pig BBQ 2008/05/13 22:54:42 (permalink)
    Been there...Yup..Levy, SC and it is hard to find! Very true. Local back road (I seem to remember something like SC 170?...Not sure. But you can take that road right into Charleston or you can swing around and get back on I-95 to do the same thing.

The place was owned when we were there by a woman; She'd received a write up in Southern Hospitality Magazine (I think that's the name - it's the famous one). It was 4 years ago when we were there and I'm glad to see it is still open.

We were there with a group and everyone thought it was pretty good.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1