Bubba Burgers

Author
Greyghost
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1336
2005/09/13 16:39:32 (permalink)

Bubba Burgers

Bubba Burger frozen hamburgers have been around a while, but are new to me. I hate to admit it but I like them. Bubba claims his frozen burgers are unlike any frozen burger you have ever had. I agree with his assessment, they are different and agreeably so.

Bubba Burgers are bigger, 3 to a pound and sold in 2 pound boxes. They are 85% lean, cook quickly from the frozen state and are very juicy with good flavor when cooked.

I have tried only two versions of Bubba Burgers. Original Recipe and Sweet Onion are the versions I have tried and I like both. The Sweet Onion reminds me a lot of a White Castle burger writ large.

Have you tried this brand? What's your opinion?

12 Replies Related Threads

Scorereader
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5566
    RE: Bubba Burgers 2005/09/13 17:58:21 (permalink)
    The first time I got Bubba Burgers was when I was first living alone and doing my own grocery shopping.
    I think I bought them for a party I was hosting.

They were a hit.

I truly enjoyed them for a while.

But now, I guess I've fallen out of love with them.

I'm not sure why...well I am sure why...it's that I don't like the taste any longer.
    But, I'm not sure if it's because my own tastes have changed, or the taste of the bubba burger has changed. But in any case, if I have to buy frozen burgers, I pass on Bubba Burgers now.

I think it's because I like sirloin burgers rather than ground chuck. So I buy the fresh ground sirloin and make patties by using my tupperware burger patty makers, and if I need to freeze it. I can freeze them right in the tupperware containers I pressed the burgers into.

If I was at a party and someone was serving Bubba burgers, I wouldn't pass on them, though.
    dreamzpainter
    • Total Posts : 1609
    RE: Bubba Burgers 2005/09/14 14:52:30 (permalink)
    Bubba's work well on the grill but lose alot when done in a pan or oven. My Dad got hooked on the onion type while visiting but couldn't find them in NJ, after a couple UPS deliveries he called to say he'd found them near his house in De.
    Benzee
    • Total Posts : 1877
    RE: Bubba Burgers 2005/09/16 21:00:28 (permalink)
    Any chance of getting them in NY

Benzee
    Greyghost
    • Total Posts : 1336
    RE: Bubba Burgers 2005/09/16 21:09:12 (permalink)
    Hannaford carries Bubba Burgers in Upstate, NY.
    jellybear
    • Total Posts : 1135
    RE: Bubba Burgers 2005/09/17 09:03:50 (permalink)
    Ive always wondered about them,with the name and all and thought they would fit me fine!Now I am going to give them a try.
    SCHOOLMOM
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: Bubba Burgers 2005/10/01 14:06:13 (permalink)
    For people looking for Bubba Burgers in New York, their website lists Pathmark, Food Town, Gristedes, Stop n' Shop, Shop Rite, King Kullen, Key Food, Wegman's, and a few others. Their website is http://www.bubba-burger.com/ and contains a lot of other information, including about 7 more varieties.
    MickTheGti
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: Bubba Burgers 2008/03/22 12:48:05 (permalink)
    I am still kicking myself for not getting a mongo six pack of Bubba burgers when I saw them two days ago at Target in San Jose. I was thinking they might have been related to Forrest Gump's buddy.
    Nick_Escalantes
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 29
    RE: Bubba Burgers 2008/03/23 19:28:37 (permalink)
    I have not yet tried the Bubba Burgers. They have been in my sight many times while I browse the frozen isles of BJ's. Well, since spring is starting, let's give Bubba a try for the grill.

For the people who have had them, are they pre-cooked, or frozen raw?

And are they comparable to patties you would buy in meat dpt of the store?

I'm excited to buy my first pack of Bubba's, but I have to decide between the original and the angus, which is probably more money, but is it better?
    sk bob
    • Total Posts : 1801
    RE: Bubba Burgers 2008/03/24 09:53:26 (permalink)
    Bubba Burgers are real good.I prefer then to fresh & more convenient.
    they are fresh frozen & uncooked & have the taste of Charcoal grilled.
    try the original to compare to meat dept patties.
    MiamiDon
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4306
    RE: Bubba Burgers 2008/03/24 10:09:23 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Greyghost

Bubba Burger frozen hamburgers have been around a while, but are new to me. I hate to admit it but I like them. Bubba claims his frozen burgers are unlike any frozen burger you have ever had. I agree with his assessment, they are different and agreeably so.

Bubba Burgers are bigger, 3 to a pound and sold in 2 pound boxes. They are 85% lean, cook quickly from the frozen state and are very juicy with good flavor when cooked.

I have tried only two versions of Bubba Burgers. Original Recipe and Sweet Onion are the versions I have tried and I like both. The Sweet Onion reminds me a lot of a White Castle burger writ large.

Have you tried this brand? What's your opinion?

I keep some in the deep-freeze for "too-busy- or too-tired-to-cook" times, or for casual pool parties. They grill-up easily, straight from the freezer. It's not "The Ultimate Burger", but I've not gotten any complaints.

This is one fresh off of my grill, with the faux Ollie's Trolley sauce from another thread:

They are not perfectly circular disks; they are irregular in shape, although consistent in thickness. They also have some little dimples in them, the reason for which escapes me.
    jreno
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 27
    RE: Bubba Burgers 2008/03/24 10:30:30 (permalink)
    thought id give them a try,went to meijers bought a box of originals and tossed them on the grill
    not that good but ok in a pinch i guess
    Robearjr
    • Total Posts : 1102
    RE: Bubba Burgers 2008/03/24 20:04:10 (permalink)
    As far as frozen burgers go, they are among the best. I don't normally buy frozen foods, but in the summer I usually have a package of bubba burgers in the freezer.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1