Bubba's Doghouse

Author
Bubbas
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 6
2009/10/10 13:42:53 (permalink)

Bubba's Doghouse

Hey Bubba's in Lyndhurst  on Valleybrook Ave  has been closed for the last two months we are retooling the store to bring in salads and and coffee espresso bar. We will be reopening the end of October. We still are keeping all of our great hotdogs especially the Charbroil grilled Dog from Best and our Italian Hotdog.
We want to continue to serve you for many years to come so we needed to make the necessary changes to stay at this for awhile. We can't wait to get back to serving Jersey Dogs. Our new hours will be 3pm Until 11pm or later if necessary on weekends. Our parking stinks during the day so we decided to do Dogs after Dark. The parking is great in evening and on the weekend. We now will be open on Sat and Sun and will open our doors at 12pm both those days. Hoping to see all of you in coming months. Jersey's got the best Dogs on the planet BAR NONE!

16 Replies Related Threads

Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18267
    Re:Bubba's Doghouse 2009/10/10 14:06:46 (permalink)
    When you say Best are you referring to Best Kosher? I ask because Best Kosher is no longer being made.
    Bubbas
    Junior Burger
    Re:Bubba's Doghouse 2009/10/10 16:55:28 (permalink)
    NO, I am referring to Best Provisions in Newark NJ. They have an all Beef
    9 inch hotdog that we Chargrill which is a outstanding hotdog. Syd's in Union which is closed now use to serve this dog it is a great Hotdog. Our most savy Hotdog customers appreciate and like it.
    ScreenBear
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1505
    Re:Bubba's Doghouse 2009/10/12 09:00:35 (permalink)
    Bubba's,

So glad to hear you'll be reopening your doors again at your location at 356 Valley Brook Ave., Lyndhurst, N.J., 07071-1809 (201) 460-3647,  soon. 

Bubba's was a very welcome addition to the New Jersey Hot Dog Scene....the major leagues of frankfurters, and certainly not an easy place to make it.

Your selection of All-Star Jersey Dog favorities was well conceived and deliciously successful in its mission to acquaint and provide folks with a choice of the hot dog types most cherished in the Garden State, from the deep-fried Ripper and the good old Dirty Water Dog to the royalty of New Jersey Hot Dogs....the Double Italian Hot Dog.

Hence, I look forward to Bubba's, take 2, wish you the best of luck, and will visit when you are up and running again. 

However, I am a bit confused by your stated new hours.   Quoted below, in one sentence, you say you will be open on weekends from 3 to 11 p.m.  Later, you say you'll be open Saturday and Sunday, from 12 p.m. on.  

Kindly stipulate what your weekday and weekend hours will be.    Again, Good Fortune. 

The Bear

"Our new hours will be 3pm Until 11pm or later if necessary on weekends. Our parking stinks during the day so we decided to do Dogs after Dark. The parking is great in evening and on the weekend. We now will be open on Sat and Sun and will open our doors at 12pm both those days."
    Applecheeks
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 52
    Re:Bubba's Doghouse 2009/10/12 10:32:49 (permalink)
    I look forward to your reopening.  I was afraid that we had lost you forever.  Your italian dogs are my favorite.  I hope to see that grand re-opening sign soon, as I am hankering for one of those delicious dogs.
    Applecheeks
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 52
    Re:Bubba's Doghouse 2009/10/14 14:32:30 (permalink)
    Sharon,
    Please post on Roadfood the date you will reopen.  Maybe some of us hot dog junkies can join you for the grand re-opening.
    Bubbas
    Junior Burger
    Re:Bubba's Doghouse 2009/10/22 01:08:13 (permalink)
    Hey Screen Bear how the heck are ya?  Well here is the scoop. We are putting in more seats bringing in gourmet coffee and espresso still serving all the same great food. Oh and i forgot we are going to bring in some salads and desserts. All of our Hotdogs will be as always prepared the same as always too. So the Sweet Works will be ready for you when you come to visit. Here is the confusion about the hours. We are not going to open until either 2pm or 3pm decision still pending on that. During the week Tues, Wed, Thurs, Friday we will be open until 11pm Dogs after Dark will be our motto. The parking stinks at lunch time and I feel like noone who serves good dogs is open that late so we are going to try it. That is why we are bringing in the gourmet coffee Lattes and all that jazz. Sat & Sun we will open our doors at noon and stay open to 11pm because we want to establish a weekend crowd.  Monday we will be closed. I know it sounds alittle confusing but we are gonna stick with that for awhile and see what happens. We have found that alot of people travel for their Hotdogs on the weekends so we want to win over the dire heart hotdog crowd. Those  are the people we love. Our coffee bar is to bring in the locals during the week in the evening we are calling it The BOOST BAR, Boost your Bark after to Dark so it fits our Doghouse theme.  I am excited it has been hectic trying to steer this ship in the right direction. Many people told us to pack up the Dogs and do a different food but there is no way we are giving in to that. There are plenty of Salad Places and Pizzerias but ya gotta be persistant if you wanna compete with the Big Dogs we are commited.  Hopefully beginning of November we are pushing for it. Keep you posted and see you then.

Regards, Sharon.
    Bubbas
    Junior Burger
    Re:Bubba's Doghouse 2009/10/22 01:10:59 (permalink)
    Applecheeks you got it I will for sure. Read  the post I sent to Screen Bear and you will have all the specifics. As soon as I know you guys will know I will post the grand reopening.

Thanks so much,
    Sharon
    lyndhurstresident
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re:Bubba's Doghouse 2009/10/22 14:41:54 (permalink)
    Wouldn't it be more profitable to stay open during lunch time when the High school and surrounding schools are all allowed to leave for lunch?  It seems like all of the students in town are looking for a place to grab a quick lunch and I have heard that alot do visit your store.
    Bubbas
    Junior Burger
    Re:Bubba's Doghouse 2009/10/22 22:33:21 (permalink)
    Lyndhurst Resident Hi thank you for your suggestion. I have been open for two years for lunch and very much enjoy the kids but the problem is everyone else stays away for fear it is too crowded with the kids which is not really the case because I have kids for 30 to 40 minutes and that is it and then I am slow for pretty much the rest of the afternoon.  I have also found the kids in general eat more after 8pm at night then all day long and that is when I am closed.  The kids believe it or not do not eat hotdogs they want chicken tenders. I sell more chicken tenders to the kids then anything on the menu I guess that is the flashback to their chicken nugget days when they were younger. My adult crowd love the hotdogs and burgers so we know we will get the kids in evening if they have a craving that is way we have decided to give these new hours a shot and have a more family atmosphere where parents can eat and bring the kids and there is something for everyone. Gourmet coffee and salads for the moms, Italian hotdogs and burgers for the Dads,dogs and chicken for the kids. We want every person to be a potential customer kids and adults alike so we are working to make sure those who love great Hotdogs and Burgers can have them for dinner and a late night bite. Unfortunately we found the High School Lunchenette is not the way to go so we are trying something different.  We hope we offer something different for the late eaters you only commit your worst food offenses after it is dark. 
    ScreenBear
    • Total Posts : 1505
    Re:Bubba's Doghouse 2009/10/24 21:08:53 (permalink)
    Hi Sharon,

Thanks for all the info. Here's wishing you the very best of luck. Please let us know when you plan to reopen.

The Bear
    Bubbas
    Junior Burger
    Re:Bubba's Doghouse 2009/11/08 12:53:03 (permalink)
    Bubba's Grand Reopening Saturday Nov 14, 2009 12pm. Hope to see you there.
    swvadon
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 36
    Re:Bubba's Doghouse 2010/02/21 19:52:44 (permalink)
    Good luck on the renewal of your business. Any place named Bubba's that sells hot dogs seems to be a must stop for me!
    John Fox
    • Total Posts : 2327
    Re:Bubba's Doghouse 2010/02/22 07:44:01 (permalink)
    Do you still make your own fries? They were excellent; as good as Syd's and Amazing Hot Dog, both of which are gone. I had heard that you may have switched to frozen. I hope not as there is no comparison.
    big g in joisey
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 214
    Re:Bubba's Doghouse 2010/05/29 09:26:24 (permalink)
    Stopped by Bubba's DogHouse on thursday, signs are gone, no one inside, I always enjoyed their fresh made to order hotdogs & hamburgers.
    John Fox
    • Total Posts : 2327
    Re:Bubba's Doghouse 2010/05/29 17:39:34 (permalink)
    They moved to the Seaside Heights Boardwalk for the summer.
    ellen4641
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3531
    Re:Bubba's Doghouse 2010/06/11 23:55:08 (permalink)
    John Fox

They moved to the Seaside Heights Boardwalk for the summer.

I just found that out, (June 11th), but I should've realized it was old news already to you ..!
    (I had posted a Facebook link on your wall about it)

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1