Bubbas Fried Chicken in Texas

Author
emsmom
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 955
2004/07/02 09:07:14 (permalink)

Bubbas Fried Chicken in Texas

I read an article last night in Southern Living where the best Fried Chicken places had been rated. The best one was Bubbas in Texas. Is anyone familiar with this place. It sounds like a family style meal with chicken and other sides.

10 Replies Related Threads

Lone Star
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1730
    RE: Bubbas Fried Chicken in Texas 2004/07/15 10:30:58 (permalink)
    Where in Texas?
    signman
    • Total Posts : 1743
    RE: Bubbas Fried Chicken in Texas 2004/07/15 10:56:44 (permalink)
    Lone Star, I just did my homework, but my first inclination was to comment on the only Bubba's I know of, which is located in Dallas, on Hillcest, in the shopping area adjacent to SMU. This Bubba's is a self serve with a few tables kind of place. The chicken is very good as are the sides, but the star of the show for me are the giant yeast rolls. I just love these things, and seem to only find them in Dallas at Gennie's and the Mecca.

This is the place in the Southern Living article, which if you go to www.southernliving.com and search for fried chicken you will easily find.

If my computer skills were better, I'd just give you the link. Sorry.
    Maynerd
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 256
    RE: Bubbas Fried Chicken in Texas 2004/07/15 11:30:05 (permalink)
    I've been to the Bubba's on Hillcrest. There might be a few other locations in town too, not sure. I agree with all of the above with the addition that the chicken breasts are big and juicy. That's what I get with the smashed taters. Excellent all around. There's also Brother's Chicken on Gaston in Dallas that has good fried chicken. It's drive thru only.
    Rusty246
    • Total Posts : 2414
    RE: Bubbas Fried Chicken in Texas 2004/07/15 12:05:10 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by signman

Lone Star, I just did my homework, but my first inclination was to comment on the only Bubba's I know of, which is located in Dallas, on Hillcest, in the shopping area adjacent to SMU. This Bubba's is a self serve with a few tables kind of place. The chicken is very good as are the sides, but the star of the show for me are the giant yeast rolls. I just love these things, and seem to only find them in Dallas at Gennie's and the Mecca.

This is the place in the Southern Living article, which if you go to www.southernliving.com and search for fried chicken you will easily find.

I reached the links but can't seem to access them without becoming a subscriber. In other words a subscription form comes up. Is it my computer skills?
    emsmom
    Double Cheeseburger
    RE: Bubbas Fried Chicken in Texas 2004/07/15 14:12:01 (permalink)
    If its your computer skills, it is mine also. I could not get past them asking me to subscribe to their magazine. I just pick up copies of Southern Living at the store whenever I see one that I am interested in
    quote:
    Originally posted by Rusty246

quote:
    Originally posted by signman

I reached the links but can't seem to access them without becoming a subscriber. In other words a subscription form comes up. Is it my computer skills?
    signman
    RE: Bubbas Fried Chicken in Texas 2004/07/15 23:52:00 (permalink)
    I have no computer skills. All I did was go to the home page and in the upper left there was a keyword search box. Took me right to a few articles about fried chicken. Now I'll have to try it again to see if I can do it again.
    signman
    RE: Bubbas Fried Chicken in Texas 2004/07/16 00:01:08 (permalink)
    Just did it again. But I also e-mailed the article to myself, so that means I can forward it to anyone who sends me their address. I may also be able to forward the link, as I bookmarked it too. I wish I had the skills to post the link here.
    emsmom
    Double Cheeseburger
    RE: Bubbas Fried Chicken in Texas 2004/07/16 10:22:31 (permalink)
    Signman, Are you maybe subscribed to AOL. I tried again to find the fried chicken and was told that it is only avialable to Southern Living subscribers and AOL members.
    TxConnie
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 83
    RE: Bubbas Fried Chicken in Texas 2004/08/07 17:45:21 (permalink)
    Bubba's is owned by the same family that owns Babe's in Roanoak, Garland, and other locations. Great fried chicken! I always swore they were THE best until I tried Buck's Ranchhouse in Ft Worth recently. THis place Rocks!
    burger boy
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: Bubbas Fried Chicken in Texas 2004/09/04 12:40:08 (permalink)
    Here is a link to Bubbas basic menu,

http://www.guidelive.com/portal/page?_pageid=33,97400&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL&item_id=14012
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1