Buckeyes, Hoosiers and Redbirds

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Author
BuddyRoadhouse
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4305
Re:Buckeyes, Hoosiers and Redbirds 2011/09/13 20:12:42 (permalink)
Based on the conversation here, and on his willingness to travel great distances for good Roadfood and good Roadfood company, I'm going to guess wanderingjew's two dining companions were buffetbuster and lleechef.

Gold star?

Buddy
wanderingjew
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7956
Re:Buckeyes, Hoosiers and Redbirds 2011/09/13 20:31:28 (permalink)
BuddyRoadhouse

Based on the conversation here, and on his willingness to travel great distances for good Roadfood and good Roadfood company, I'm going to guess wanderingjew's two dining companions were buffetbuster and lleechef.

Gold star?

Buddy

Buddy.....

As much as it would have been great to have Buffetbuster with us that evening, you'll notice that I had previously written that Buffetbuster texted me and suggested I check out Jeni's Ice Cream, if he was present, there would have been no need to text me and he could have suggested it in person..

I can neither confirm nor deny that lleechef was present at the Gahanna Grill...

Now to answer lleehef's question...

Ok, I'll give a hint, one person had a salad and the other person cannot be verified to lack of photographic evidence 

TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4611
Re:Buckeyes, Hoosiers and Redbirds 2011/09/13 20:41:57 (permalink)
I am gonna go with MH plus either Russ Jackson or Hatteras

You should have run over the New Haven before your flight and brought the old dude an apizza....maybe not with clams though
ann peeples
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re:Buckeyes, Hoosiers and Redbirds 2011/09/13 21:15:31 (permalink)
Well, I am going to venture a guess and say Mr. Hoffman and llechef. Just a guess mind you.
wanderingjew
Sirloin
Re:Buckeyes, Hoosiers and Redbirds 2011/09/13 21:34:02 (permalink)
Saturday September 3

I was on the road again this morning, but not before a stop at another tried and true coffee house in Columbus- Cup o' Joe- another local mini chain- the short north location was just a short 1/2 mile walk from my hotel- and yes Cup O' Joe serves a mighty fine cuppa joe.

After nearly a three hour drive I finally made it!  ......I reached nirvana...

Nick's Kitchen,

which according to our expert Davydd is the pantheon of breaded pork tenderloins

Inside it looks like your typical midwestern small town cafe. But can a place so  unassuming hold a key to the holy grail of Breaded Pork Tenderloins ?

If the key is in JeanAnne's hands then yes it can 

JeanneAnne as many of you  know is the proprietor of Nicks' Kitchen

and I can assure you that once this plate landed in front of me, this Breaded Pork Tenderloin was everything that Davydd said it was and everything it lived up to be. A crisp lightly breaded exterior and a juicy flavorful exterior. Not sure if others will agree with me but it seems that the Hoosier way to order the BPT is with lettuce tomato and mayo- so that's how I went with it.

And to complete my meal

A sliceoof JeanAnne's fine home made sugar cream. This is the first time I've ever had sugar cream pie- and it certainly created a lasting impression.

JeanAnne and I chatted a bit and we talked about other roadfooders who visited including Buffetbuster, Davydd (of course) and Cajun King, as well as the big cheese himself, Michael Stern.

I would be surprised if Nick's Kitchen did not find a spot on my top 10 list for 2011.

Heading south from there my destination was Indianapolis, aka Naptown, India- no- place or Brickhouse in the Cornfield. 20 years ago I would have agreed with this assermation, however it's naptown no longer, downtown Indy is alive and hopping. Stopping by my downtown hotel, the Marriot Courtyard  just to check in(for a mere $45 on priceline) I knew I would need to pay for parking later that day but certainly not the $23 per day in their lot...

After checking in I was on the road again for another 55 mile drive to..

Pat's Gnawbone Sorghum Mill

in yes....you've guessed it- Gnawbone IN....

Lots of interesting stuff to check out- I spent probably a good hour hear just checking out all the cool stuff..

Keep in mind this is Persimmon Country so you'll find

persimmon fudge

persimmon preserves....

however.....I came here for one thing and one thing only...

Persimmon Pudding....

More of a moist cake than a pudding.....It seems very similar to something I've had before but honestly I've tried and tried and can't quite place it- it was actually pretty good.....

Heading to my dinner stop, I went through scenic Nashville IN, it would have been nice to stop there if I had time...
But I had to get back to Indianapolis in time for my ballgame... but not before a re-visit to...

Gray Bros Cafeteria 

in Mooresville

The line was not really as bad as I was expecting.....
And I knew what I wanted however I had difficulty deciding what kind of pie I wanted.....So as the old saying goes...
WWBBD?

Order two slices of pie of course!

The Fried Chicken was exquisite- meaty with a light crisp exterior

The porky green beans were limp but quite flavorful

And although I was hoping for scalloped potatoes like I had last time, they werent available, however aftera  bite of the fried potatoes as well as the bean salad, all feelings of disappointment went away...

Now for  the pies...

The banana cream still ranks as my favorite 

and 

the raisin pie is no slouch either

Now as you know I can't eat two slices of pie at once- I only had half of each, now since I don't want a certain Pittsburgher to Jump off the Fort Pitt Bridge, we'll keep it a secret as to what really happened to the other pie slice halves....

Heading back to Indy between the ballgame, a  football game at Lucas Oil Stadium and The RibFest I knew there was no way in hell I would find street parking and didn't even bother to look.  I did find a $10 24 hour hour parking lot just a couple of blocks away from my hotel, which was actually just across the street from

Victory Field
Home of the triple A Indianapolis Indians
I did the right thing by calling the day before and reserving a ticket- considering that this was the last game of the season on labor day weekend- it was a sellout..

Victory Field is another fine example of a solid triple A park.
By the time I arrived in Indy- temps were averaging at or close to 100 degrees and it was humid...
Something had to give...
Of course about 1/2 hour before the game began, there was a massive thunderstorm. It passed quickly and the starting time was delayed by a half hour....

The Indians played the Louisville Bats for the final series and won this game- I don't remember the score..

But then again I'm trying to figure out what the mascot is- it looks like it could be an escapee from the German Pretzel Mice Factory at the Westside Market back in Cleveland...

After the game, they had a nice display of fireworks- afterwards I walked back to my hotel and called it a night...

more to come...

post edited by wanderingjew - 2011/09/13 22:04:58
wanderingjew
Sirloin
Re:Buckeyes, Hoosiers and Redbirds 2011/09/13 21:46:10 (permalink)
ann peeples

Well, I am going to venture a guess and say Mr. Hoffman and llechef. Just a guess mind you.

And ann peeples

for guessing correctly.....you win.....

this!

wanderingjew
Sirloin
Re:Buckeyes, Hoosiers and Redbirds 2011/09/14 06:45:20 (permalink)
BUMP
tcrouzer
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 431
Re:Buckeyes, Hoosiers and Redbirds 2011/09/14 07:10:47 (permalink)
Thanks for this great report, Dale! You have certainly got this trip report thing down to a fine art! Cafeterias everywhere could learn a thing or two from Gray Bros.! I'm looking forward to the other installments in this latest trip saga.

Teresa
cavandre
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1634
Re:Buckeyes, Hoosiers and Redbirds 2011/09/14 07:46:25 (permalink)
While at the West Side Market, did you try any of Czurhraj's jerky?
wanderingjew
Sirloin
Re:Buckeyes, Hoosiers and Redbirds 2011/09/14 08:51:52 (permalink)
tcrouzer

I completely agree. I was going to go to Jonathan Byrd's the following day but didn't because I was told if you hit both in one trip, then nothing can stand up to Gray Bros
Because it was labor day weekend I had to do alot of shuffling since many places were closed (some anticipated and one unexpected) but we'll get into that in the next couple of segments...

cavandre,

The only thing I had at the West Side Market was an iced coffee.  As you've probably seen I'm not a big guy (just tall) and can't quite pack in as much as others. I probably could have spent all day eating at the West Side Market if I didn't eat anywhere else, however as much as it was tempting, if I gave in, I probably would have had to forego lunch at Sokolowski's

Davydd
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6412
Re:Buckeyes, Hoosiers and Redbirds 2011/09/14 09:40:20 (permalink)
wanderingjew
Buddy
Of course I agree that the ethnic Polish population was a great contributor  towards Chicago's indigenous foods, however you'll remember a similar argument I used to have with Davydd about Vietnamese and Hmong Cuisine in The Twin Cities (and thankfully silenced him forever on that issue when I randomly went into several local cafes and found "hotdish" on the menu. )

WJ,

You can believe you randomly went into several local cafes to find "hotdish" but I suspect you did a lot of internet searching to find them. But if that is what gets your rocks off about Minnesota regional foods you are welcome to that bland church supper fare often parodied by Garrison Kiellor in Prairie Home Companion. You really don't get it. I love your reports but at the same time I thought you drove past some of the better offerings in seeking out your pre-conceived hunts.
Davydd
Sirloin
Re:Buckeyes, Hoosiers and Redbirds 2011/09/14 10:06:41 (permalink)
WJ,

On the other hand, great report on Indiana. Maybe I am softer on you there because you seek out what I knew 50 years ago. Gray Bros. Cafeteria is a vestige of what used to be common place in just about every Hoosier town before there were chain restaurants and fast food. In my first job with an architectural firm in 1962 lunch was at a different cafeteria every day. We had a circuit reachable from the office just north of Butler University. As I remember I could eat for about $1.05. My take home pay was just over $32 per week.

I used to watch the Indianapolis Indians at the old Victory Field that was on 16th Street in the days of Rocky Colavito and Herb Score. That dates me. I haven't been to the new park.

Nashville is the local version to Brown County State Park as Gatlingburg is to Smokey Mountain National Park. People stream down to Brown County to shop and especially enjoy the fall colors of Brown County. Outside of Vermont it is one of my favorite fall color spots.

In Gnaw Bone did you see or stop at the old Gnaw Bone Food & Fuel? I understand it re-opened this year and is serving their breaded pork tenderloin sandwich again. They broasted theirs. It garnered fame because it was a politician opportunity stop and got featured on national TV. And, of course, the unique name.
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10495
Re:Buckeyes, Hoosiers and Redbirds 2011/09/14 10:10:22 (permalink)
A two pie lunch at Gray Brothers?  I tip my hat to you, even if you only ate half of each one.  Gray Brothers is one of the all-time Roadfood greats IMHO.  Now that I think about it, I don't believe I have ever tried their banana cream pie.

So glad you got to meet JeanAnne and visit Nick's Kitchen, another fantastic place.  That BPT and sugar cream pie look amazing!

By the way, my favorite place at West Side Market is Frank's Bratwurst.
wanderingjew
Sirloin
Re:Buckeyes, Hoosiers and Redbirds 2011/09/14 10:15:20 (permalink)
Davydd

wanderingjew
Buddy
Of course I agree that the ethnic Polish population was a great contributor  towards Chicago's indigenous foods, however you'll remember a similar argument I used to have with Davydd about Vietnamese and Hmong Cuisine in The Twin Cities (and thankfully silenced him forever on that issue when I randomly went into several local cafes and found "hotdish" on the menu. )

WJ,

You can believe you randomly went into several local cafes to find "hotdish" but I suspect you did a lot of internet searching to find them. But if that is what gets your rocks off about Minnesota regional foods you are welcome to that bland church supper fare often parodied by Garrison Kiellor in Prairie Home Companion. You really don't get it. I love your reports but at the same time I thought you drove past some of the better offerings in seeking out your pre-conceived hunts.

It's all a matter of opinion
-I  went to three places that served hotdish- only one I researched in advance and that was the place that had chicken wild rice hotdish. I went to Bev's Cafe in Red Wing because I visited before and really enjoyed my meal there and I went to another restaurant in Bemidji because it was recommended by the visitors center when I happened to walk in asking for a place for lunch.  I like HotDish- I thought it was delicious and I would have it again if I ever returned to the Twin Cities- same for Scandinavian food. There may be places that YOU find more interesting, but I don't and have no desire to go to.  Ironically over the summer, I was told very few cafes serve hotdish, however I was told by all the locals that it's actually quite easy to find during the winter months
Incidentally when I did do some research, I did find an interesting interreaction between you and another poster on chowhound- apparently there are locals who feel otherwise
http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/604322
-There are many people here   that think that Jewish Deli is still as  popular as ever in NYC with local young jewish families frequenting them on a daily basis- as a born and bred through and through New Yorker I can tell you that can't be further from the truth  - the few that are left  (out of Hundreds that used to be in Manhattan alone "decades ago") are basically museums that cater to tourists, however the first suggestion here on Roadfood for anyone looking for "local regional food" in NYC is a Jewish Deli. If anyone is looking for contemporary regional cuisine in NYC- the last thing I would recommend is a Jewish Deli
-there are others who will recommend loosemeat joints for Iowa- in my roadfood experiences, I can think of very few things that tasted so bland and uninteresting, and frankly I think that anyone who would chose a loosemeats over a classically regional thick Iowa Chop is completely out of their minds-
-now that's it  besides Buddyroadhouse I'm done with you too Davydd - can someone now pass me a pitcher of BUDWEISER please?

post edited by wanderingjew - 2011/09/14 10:19:03
rumaki
  • Total Posts : 1078
Re:Buckeyes, Hoosiers and Redbirds 2011/09/14 12:48:28 (permalink)
WJ -- You said the sugar cream pie created a "lasting impression."  Was it a favorable one?

I love sugar cream pie.  I grew up in Indianapolis, and the late lamented Laughner's cafeteria chain produced excellent sugar cream pie, which I had almost every time my family went  there for dinner -- except that occasionally I'd have fresh strawberry pie, instead.   The fresh strawberry pie at  Gray Bros. is very good, but I don't think it is quite as good as Laughner's was. 

In Kentucky, I've noticed (and enjoyed) a variant of sugar cream pie -- BROWN sugar cream pie.  The best I've found is at Science Hill Inn in Shelbyville, KY.  It's always served warm there, and is luscious.

TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
Re:Buckeyes, Hoosiers and Redbirds 2011/09/14 14:07:12 (permalink)
Lisa traveled all the way from Anchorage Alaska to have a Beanie Burger?

Thats it!   I have got to have me one of these burgers.......
BuddyRoadhouse
Filet Mignon
Re:Buckeyes, Hoosiers and Redbirds 2011/09/14 14:44:47 (permalink)
Trust me TJ, while the burgers themselves at Gahanna Grill are excellent, the Beanie Burger incarnation is an over the top gimmick.  It's construction is similar to other burgers on the menu, with the sloppy addition of cole slaw on top.  It's a mess to eat, and actually detracts, IMHO, from any enjoyment of the experience you might have had otherwise.

This is not some anti-slaw-on-a-sandwich rant.   I enjoy a good scoop of the stuff on a Southern style pulled pork sandwich.  But the Beanie Burger is already piled high with extra ingredients.  The slaw just makes it all slide around unnecessarily.

Plus there's the extra dish of slaw on the side.  Really, does anyone love cole slaw that much?

Buddy
mar52
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8333
Re:Buckeyes, Hoosiers and Redbirds 2011/09/14 16:05:50 (permalink)
Wow!  I didn't know there were so many things I haven't eaten or tried or even knew about.  (Some I have)

Pat's Gnawbone Sorghum Mill is the type of place I'd pull over for.  I love that type of place.

Banana cream pie with a meringue topping?  Unheard of!

I still can't understand any facination with raisin pie.

Keep 'em coming!
wanderingjew
Sirloin
Re:Buckeyes, Hoosiers and Redbirds 2011/09/14 18:33:33 (permalink)
Davydd

Wow- 1962??? That was before I was even born Sorry I had to add that in there..
For some reason I thought Gnawbone Food and Fuel and "Pat's Gnawbone Sorghum Mill were one and the same- I thought Food and Fuel closed and re-opened as the Sorghum Mill .  I guess I was wrong. Either way, I would have had no room left for another BPT.

Buffetbuster, 

I'm just relieved that I didn't have to console you for only having half a slice of pie...
I thought you had banana cream pie at Gray's? I am absolutely shocked.....SHOCKED...I tell you that there is a slice of pie that you HAVEN'T had???!!! " />

Rumaki

By all means, the Sugar Cream Pie left a very favorable lasting impression hence noting that Nick's Kitchen will without any uncertainty earn a top 10 award at the end of the year.

No, TJ

Lisa came all the way to the Gahanna Grill from  Anchorage Alaska for SALAD.....

Buddy

If you keep insulting the cole slaw- then I'm really done with you! 

Mar

I like RAISIN PIE
Are you suggesting that I'm a second class citizen?  - pass the BUDWEISER again please- I'm getting thirsty.

mar52
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8333
Re:Buckeyes, Hoosiers and Redbirds 2011/09/14 18:55:43 (permalink)

Davydd
Sirloin
Re:Buckeyes, Hoosiers and Redbirds 2011/09/14 19:15:31 (permalink)
mar52,

There is a big difference between raisin pie and sour cream raisin pie. They are nothing alike.
wanderingjew
Sirloin
Re:Buckeyes, Hoosiers and Redbirds 2011/09/14 20:19:39 (permalink)
Sunday September 4

What a dismal day-  weather wise the worst of the trip-damp, muggy, dreary, on and off rain, at least it was cooler  than it had been the last few days...

I started my day with a walk to an old Stand By- Mo Joe's Coffee House in downtown Indianapolis- their java was ok- but not as good as I remembered in the past. I was glad they were open...

I had no idea where I was going for lunch- My plans initially prior to taking this trip was to check out John's Famous Stew Saturday for an early Dinner  and then go to Gray's Cafeteria on Sunday for lunch, however when I found out that John's would be closed for labor day weekend, I had to do a switcheroo which left no plans for lunch on Sunday. A call from Travelin Man complicated things further, I first thought about going to Jonathan Byrds but he mentioned that Buffetbuster said that a visit to Gray's and Jonathan Byrd's on the same trip might make Jonathan Byrd's disappointing. Travelin Man suggested Plump's Last Shot- but they were closed. He also recommended King's BBQ and Shapiro's. I seriously considered King's BBQ. However when I got off the phone,  I thought that since my plans were to head to Shelbyville for the afternoon to a museum, it would make sense to do some research and try a real hoosier "small town" southern Indiana Cafe. Well..... it turns out most are closed on Sundays the day before labor day.. There was one place I really wanted to check out...Bev's Country Diner - "almost famous" for their pan fried chicken and pies- Well I was planning on pan fried chicken for dinner- but their pie's caught my attention- I called them- closed......Another place seemed promising....I called and they were open...

Shirley's Chapparal Cafe
in Shelbyville

Since 1968- as the sign says- and Shirley still prepares the meals..
I arrived and the place was exactly as I expected...

Empty- actually- not exactly- I took the photo after lunch- at 2pm this is "well after" noon lunch hour here in Southern Indiana...

They have a buffet on Sundays- 
Or you can order off the menu- They did have the classic midwestern salad bar- so  I hesitated but went with the buffet..

The tomatoey vegetable soup was fine but nothing out of the ordinary..

From the salad bar- I actually thought that was corn bread on the right- it was actually lemon cake- good but it through me off when I was expecting corn bread. Again- fine but nothing out of the ordinary..

Salisbury Steak and Fried Chicken- both obviously homemade- I actually liked the fried chicken- I actually ended up going for seconds and got a thigh- it had a nice crunchy exterior. The green beans had bacon it, the salisbury steak again was fine but nothing out of the ordinary, I'm not convinced that the mashed potatoes were homemade- I don't think they were...

And for dessert

German Chocolate cake and a very rich and moist chocolate bundt cake...

Overall a decent meal- but it didn't blow me away. I would like to see what their specials are during the week, or ven better,  visit Bev's Country Diner instead when they're open...

Afterwards my plans were to visit the Grover Museum here in Shelbyville

WRONG!!!!- They were closed- looks like Triple A lied again...

I ended up consoling myself by  going here 

For some local homemade ice cream- the lady at the counter told me the ice cream was made there and butter pecan is a favorite- she was right- it was creamy and full of pecans- unfortunately I forgot to take my camera out of the car- so unfortunately no photos...

What do do??? I still have a couple of hours to kill before dinner..
After checking my GPS for tourist attractions and making a couple of calls- I ended up at...

The Decatur County Historical Society in Greensburgh...

Sure it's a  historic museum with the typical stuff...

But that's not why I came here...

The museum houses a great display on the famous world war II women's baseball league made famous in the 1992 movie, A League of Our Own..

Here are some of the team uniforms

and a map with some of the team names...

Now you're all probably wondering why a museum in Decatur County would have such an exhibit?- well Janet Rumsey a native of Decatur county was one of the star pitchers on one of the teams....This exhibit was a nice unexpected surprise.

As I left the museum- I had to take a photo of the Decatur County Court house...

Ummm.....I believe there's a tree stuck in the clock tower....

I drove the back way to my dinner destination....

The Kopper Kettle

in Morristown IN.
I arrived a few minutes after 5pm and Cajun King was there waiting for me...
The hostess approached us and seated us- the atmosphere was quite retro- I loved it!

Now this place screams ROADFOOD

Enough of the decor, though, let's get to the food....

Dinner which is served "family style"

begins with a salad- I believe the waitress said the thousand island was homemade- I'm not sure...

I then moved on to some chicken noodle soup

Green beans and real mashed potatoes along with some cream gravy arrived shortly afterwards...

along with some warm dinner rollls

and some corn wich Cajun King already took a scoop of before I could grab a photo....

However the star of the meal was of course

The fried chicken- a nice thin but crunchy exterior coating that was actually nicely spiced and the chicken itself was actually quite juicy- not dry at all..

I'd easily put this in the same league as Hollyhock Hill

We skipped the sundaes for dessert and went with the sugar cream pie..

It's amazing how something so simple could be so good, but honestly I think it was just a slight notch below the pie I had at Nicks's Kitchen the day before...
Either way- The Kopper Kettle is another winner....

Afterwards the waitress (who told me I look like the guy from Weeds- I've never watched weeds so I don't know who she's talking about) suggested we check out the garden out back- 

The decor out back was somewhat reminiscent of Lynn's Paradise Cafe in Louisville

Here are two ladies enjoying there meal "al fresco"

And there's Cajun King who fits in nicely with the surrounding decor...

It was good to see Cajun King we hadn't seen each other in over 3 and a half years- I believe the last time we saw eachother was at Killer Seafood in Mexico Beach Florida back during the presidential day weekend glee club event on the way to Mobile AL back in 2008. 

I was surprised that the drive back to downtown Indy was only 25 miles- it seemed like I was so far out in the country when I was at the Kopper Kettle.
I did end up finding street parking a few blocks away from my hotel. I ended up going to the Slippery Noodle Inn- the oldest bar in Indy for a night cap- they had free live blues that evening and I ended up enjoying a local brew.
Afterwards I walked back to my hotel and called it a night...

more to come...

post edited by wanderingjew - 2011/09/14 21:08:13
TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
Re:Buckeyes, Hoosiers and Redbirds 2011/09/14 21:20:17 (permalink)
wanderingjew
No, TJ

Lisa came all the way to the Gahanna Grill from  Anchorage Alaska for SALAD.....

That must be the best salad in the whole damn universe, then

After I post this, I am hopping in the car and heading up I-71 for that salad

TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
Re:Buckeyes, Hoosiers and Redbirds 2011/09/14 21:26:55 (permalink)
wanderingjew
I look like the guy from Weeds- I've never watched weeds so I don't know who she's talking about

That'd be

Kevin Nealon
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005265/
lleechef
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7316
Re:Buckeyes, Hoosiers and Redbirds 2011/09/14 22:06:29 (permalink)
Well, after all, it was just a salad.  I was hamburgered out, especially after you've had a green chile cheeseburger at Bobcat Bite in NM.  Sharing a meal with Dale was a real treat.  Ann peeples wins the prize about the mystery guests.  She wins a Beenie burger at the Gahanna Grill.
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10495
Re:Buckeyes, Hoosiers and Redbirds 2011/09/14 22:26:24 (permalink)
.....with extra cole slaw!
TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
Re:Buckeyes, Hoosiers and Redbirds 2011/09/14 22:51:55 (permalink)
lleechef
Well, after all, it was just a salad.

Couldn't be, since you traveled all the way from Anchorage to eat it........
BuddyRoadhouse
Filet Mignon
Re:Buckeyes, Hoosiers and Redbirds 2011/09/15 02:06:29 (permalink)
I know this dead horse has been sufficiently whipped, but let me just clarify for the record; I have no problem with cole slaw.  I have no problem with cole slaw on a sandwich.  I have no problem with people who like cole slaw on a sandwich.  I just think cole slaw on that particular burger, The Beanie Burger, is pointless overkill.  Especially when there is an additional bowl of cole slaw served on the side.  And I happen to know that Gahanna's most prominent citizen, although we may disagree with each other on many other issues, agrees with me on this point.

Buddy
billyboy
  • Total Posts : 2462
Re:Buckeyes, Hoosiers and Redbirds 2011/09/15 02:29:34 (permalink)
Dale, fantastic report, man!  Just fantastic.  Loving the BPTs and the fried chicken.  Just drooled a bit over Gray Bros.  Thanks!  I'm wondering if the persimmon pudding reminded you of sticky toffee pudding?  So great that you were able to see JeanAnne and chow down on some Hoosier classics!  I totally see the Kevin Nealon resemblance.  He used to do the Weekend Update on Saturday Night Live.  Keep 'em coming!

CK, good to see you on the road!  Glad you could break bread with WJ!
ann peeples
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re:Buckeyes, Hoosiers and Redbirds 2011/09/15 03:23:14 (permalink)
I accept my prizes graciously, thank you!!!
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1