Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Bud's American Ale

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 34 of 34
Scorereader

• Total Posts: 5546
RE: Bud's American Ale Mon, 12/1/08 8:45 AM (permalink)
my brother brought a 6 pack of this with him on Thanksgiving (along with an eclectic mix of Saranac beers). Out of the bottle, much more bitter than the draft. Maybe I should've poured it into a glass. But, I drank from thwe bottle. Because I drank it this way, it was, of course, more carbonated. But I wasn't expecting the stronger bitter. Preferred the draft. Maybe the higher air content made it appear more bitter. I usually pour it out, but, it is, afterall, a Bud - so, I we roughed it.

The Saranacs were their usual great beers. I've always like Saranac beers (more than Beer Advocate seems to) and after the tastings this weekend, I've rekindled my love for Saranac.
Some of this weekends favs from Saranac: Nut Brown (hoppy, malty, lovely), Imperial IPA (Complex malts and wonderful hops - I liked it better than Dogfish 60 and 90 -I'm may be in the minority, but that's how I felt at the time of tasting - certainly, for the price, Saranac is the better value - it's powerful enough of an Imperial IPA to hold it's own against beers twice the price), Season's Best (nutty, malty, full flavor hop - a great beer to have this time of year).

I'll be doing more Saranac over the course of this holiday season, so I may start some new threads as early as this coming weekend. And then give some better tasting notes.

seafarer john

RE: Bud's American Ale Mon, 12/1/08 11:23 AM (permalink)
    I had a bottle of Bud American Ale along with my bowl of chili at "Andy's Place"in Poughkeepsie last Friday. This stuff wont be putting any craft brewers out of business- but it's a Hell of a lot better than any other Bud I've had in recent years.

Cheers, John

Phildelmar

• Total Posts: 792
      RE: Bud's American Ale Tue, 12/2/08 8:54 PM (permalink)
      Maybe better than other bud products, but I notice, like some other posters, that i still have 5 out of the original 6 in the refrigerator.

jbburn

• Total Posts: 19
        RE: Bud's American Ale Tue, 12/2/08 8:57 PM (permalink)
        just terrible

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
          Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 34 of 34

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com