Bud's American Ale

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Author
Scorereader
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5566
RE: Bud's American Ale 2008/12/01 08:45:35 (permalink)
my brother brought a 6 pack of this with him on Thanksgiving (along with an eclectic mix of Saranac beers). Out of the bottle, much more bitter than the draft. Maybe I should've poured it into a glass. But, I drank from thwe bottle. Because I drank it this way, it was, of course, more carbonated. But I wasn't expecting the stronger bitter. Preferred the draft. Maybe the higher air content made it appear more bitter. I usually pour it out, but, it is, afterall, a Bud - so, I we roughed it.

The Saranacs were their usual great beers. I've always like Saranac beers (more than Beer Advocate seems to) and after the tastings this weekend, I've rekindled my love for Saranac.
Some of this weekends favs from Saranac: Nut Brown (hoppy, malty, lovely), Imperial IPA (Complex malts and wonderful hops - I liked it better than Dogfish 60 and 90 -I'm may be in the minority, but that's how I felt at the time of tasting - certainly, for the price, Saranac is the better value - it's powerful enough of an Imperial IPA to hold it's own against beers twice the price), Season's Best (nutty, malty, full flavor hop - a great beer to have this time of year).

I'll be doing more Saranac over the course of this holiday season, so I may start some new threads as early as this coming weekend. And then give some better tasting notes.
seafarer john
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3481
RE: Bud's American Ale 2008/12/01 11:23:44 (permalink)
I had a bottle of Bud American Ale along with my bowl of chili at "Andy's Place"in Poughkeepsie last Friday. This stuff wont be putting any craft brewers out of business- but it's a Hell of a lot better than any other Bud I've had in recent years.

Cheers, John

Phildelmar
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 858
RE: Bud's American Ale 2008/12/02 20:54:19 (permalink)
Maybe better than other bud products, but I notice, like some other posters, that i still have 5 out of the original 6 in the refrigerator.
jbburn
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 19
RE: Bud's American Ale 2008/12/02 20:57:13 (permalink)
just terrible
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1