Bud's Buffet in Sacramento

Author
rainyday6
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 98
2009/08/01 11:08:33 (permalink)

Bud's Buffet in Sacramento

Don't feel bad if you can't finish even half of a Bud's sandwich.  If you come close, you done good.  Pat yourself on the back and save the rest for dinner.  That being said, I'm definitely not one to laud quantity over quality.  Bud's is the rare place that has both.  The roasts are done on premise everyday and sliced only when you are in the cafeteria line face to face with the carver.  He will then manage to fit enough paper thin rare roast beef (or pork or pastrami or ham, etc) to feed a family of four onto an average sized french roll and push it to the next guy who tops it with what you want.  It's nice to have a place that doesn't use that salty injected roast beef that is so common these days.  The turkey is still processed, though but tasty.  Good mashed potatoes and gravy from scratch.  10th and K, look for the red awning.  Absolutely no ambiance and we like it that way.

5 Replies Related Threads

mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15335
    Re:Bud's Buffet in Sacramento 2009/08/01 18:30:33 (permalink)
    Rainy Day,
      How about telling us about this place...location- hours-menu- website??? Hard to tell where it is despite the title of the thread.
    rainyday6
    Hamburger
    Re:Bud's Buffet in Sacramento 2009/08/01 22:05:09 (permalink)
    Good idea LOL  It's at 1016 10th St @ K, near the swanky new Citizen Hotel and our beloved old Crest Theater.  Within walking distance of Convention Center and all downtown hotels.  Maybe 5 min from I-5 or 80.  Open M-F only, 11a-3p.  Come after 1:30 to find a seat. No website.  916-443-6905. Menu is sandwiches - beef (with au jus or not), ham, pastrami, corned beef, pork, turkey; mashed potatoes, coleslaw and fries.  Daily specials such as spaghetti, beef stew, etc.  Decent, but the stars here are the sandwiches.

post edited by rainyday6 - 2009/08/01 22:21:01
    1bbqboy
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4652
    Re:Bud's Buffet in Sacramento 2009/08/01 22:36:15 (permalink)
    hey RD6, thanks for that. I'm up in Southern Oregon.  Just a hop, skip, and a hellvua long jump up the
    Antelope Freeway. :)
    Sac recs are cool.
    Any thoughts on jimboy tacos?
    post edited by bill voss - 2009/08/01 22:38:03
    rainyday6
    Hamburger
    Re:Bud's Buffet in Sacramento 2009/08/02 07:26:54 (permalink)
    Mmm....Jimboys, right up there with Jack in the Box tacos.  Looks like a taco, but sort of in their own little category which would definitely NOT be traditional Mexican food.  Which is ok, since the place was started in the 40's when I suppose tacos were considered exotic fare, even here.  I love Jimboy's; they seem to be on every corner.  Minimally seasoned meat, nice orangey grease and dusted with parmesan cheese.  Very plain, very good.  They have other stuff on the menu, but I just like the ground beef tacos.   http://www.jimboys.com/
    chefbuba
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2052
    Re:Bud's Buffet in Sacramento 2009/08/06 12:34:05 (permalink)
    rainyday6

Mmm....Jimboys, right up there with Jack in the Box tacos.  Looks like a taco, but sort of in their own little category which would definitely NOT be traditional Mexican food.  Which is ok, since the place was started in the 40's when I suppose tacos were considered exotic fare, even here.  I love Jimboy's; they seem to be on every corner.  Minimally seasoned meat, nice orangey grease and dusted with parmesan cheese.  Very plain, very good.  They have other stuff on the menu, but I just like the ground beef tacos.   http://www.jimboys.com/

I lived in Sacramento for many years... Jimboy's red grease tacos were a staple!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1