Budweiser selling out

Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
Author
sk bob
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1801
2008/07/12 21:56:05 (permalink)

Budweiser selling out

it will happen. now they are talking. another American icon down the tubes for the almighty dollar.
what beer is American owned & brewed? not sam adams etc.

107 Replies Related Threads

Poverty Pete
    • Total Posts : 2329
    RE: Budweiser selling out 2008/07/12 22:01:38 (permalink)
    That's not exactly accurate. Inbev is attempting a hostile takeover. AB isn't trying to sell out.
    sk bob
    RE: Budweiser selling out 2008/07/12 22:19:36 (permalink)
    todays paper says they are now talking.
    Greyghost
    • Total Posts : 1336
    RE: Budweiser selling out 2008/07/12 22:49:52 (permalink)
    Well, I have had Bud and I have had Belgian beer. Seems like Bud is being hit by a financial hurricane.

Speaking of hurricanes, I have noted some places in the world, hit by them do not suffer millions of dollars worth of damages...some of the worst hit enjoy millions of dollars worth of improvements by the storm. Something to think about anyway.
    sk bob
    RE: Budweiser selling out 2008/07/12 23:09:41 (permalink)
    the point of it is AMERICAN owned & BREWED
    leethebard
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6361
    RE: Budweiser selling out 2008/07/12 23:59:30 (permalink)
    I agree to buy american as much as the next guy...but certainly someone can improve a Bud...anyone!!!!!!
    Poverty Pete
    • Total Posts : 2329
    RE: Budweiser selling out 2008/07/13 05:17:52 (permalink)
    Great idea, there. Spend billions of dollars to buy the world's best selling beer, then screw with the formula that made it the world's best selling beer.
    hutt
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 103
    RE: Budweiser selling out 2008/07/13 05:45:05 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by leethebard

I agree to buy american as much as the next guy...but certainly someone can improve a Bud...anyone!!!!!!

certainly not the Italians.
    The beer is #1 in the USA and the pizza is #1 in the USA.
    Tedbear
    • Total Posts : 1832
    RE: Budweiser selling out 2008/07/13 06:32:09 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by hutt

quote:

Anheuser-Busch makes pizza?
    sandiahead
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 22
    RE: Budweiser selling out 2008/07/13 06:40:54 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by sk bob

todays paper says they are now talking.
    That may be true but it's probably only because if they don't negotiate a transaction that favors their shareholders then InBev will go hostile and snatch the company out from under them. Sure AB is American owned in theory but they're a publicly held company and I'm sure people from all over the world own stock in them. Oh and for the record there are still plenty of American owned breweries, most of which brew better beer than AB.
    hutt
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Budweiser selling out 2008/07/13 06:46:31 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Tedbear

quote:

quote:

Anheuser-Busch makes pizza?

Tedbear! What a fantastic idea! Anheuser-Busch PIZZA! #1 !!!!!
    Jimeats
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3175
    RE: Budweiser selling out 2008/07/13 06:54:37 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by sk bob

it will happen. now they are talking. another American icon down the tubes for the almighty dollar.
    what beer is American owned & brewed? not sam adams etc.

I'm not so sure it will happen, there is just too much at steak here. They have increased the share offer by 5 bucks and the board at Bud is looking at the offer that's all.
    What's at steak is all the other industry's that have an intrest in Bud remaing as it is.
    How much do you think that the Beligum company is willing to invest in advertiseing, sponcerships, community service on and on.
    Many other companys and venues will be affected if this is allowed to proceed. And I might add those companys are heavily invested in Bud.
    Since when has Sam Adams not been an American owned and brewed company? Chow Jim
    hutt
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Budweiser selling out 2008/07/13 06:54:59 (permalink)
    SANDIAHEAD>>> "Oh and for the record there are still plenty of American owned breweries, most of which brew better beer than AB."

Name one.
    RubyRose
    • Total Posts : 2189
    RE: Budweiser selling out 2008/07/13 07:57:52 (permalink)
    Tedbear
    • Total Posts : 1832
    RE: Budweiser selling out 2008/07/13 08:23:13 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Jimeats

What's at steak is all the other industry's that have an intrest in Bud remaing as it is.
    Chow Jim

In addition to pizza, now Anheuser-Busch sells steak? They are much more diversified than I ever thought.

RubyRose
    • Total Posts : 2189
    RE: Budweiser selling out 2008/07/13 08:31:26 (permalink)
    I wonder if the deal also includes Busch Entertainment Corp., who owns and operates the Busch Gardens amusement parks.
    wheregreggeats.com
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4615
    RE: Budweiser selling out 2008/07/13 09:16:22 (permalink)
    Funny ... all weekend their tv commercials have been centering on their American heritage.
    brentk
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 251
    RE: Budweiser selling out 2008/07/13 09:21:31 (permalink)
    quote:

SANDIAHEAD>>> "Oh and for the record there are still plenty of American owned breweries, most of which brew better beer than AB."

Name one.

I could name a hundred, but if you think that AB brews the best beer in America it would be pointless to go through the exercise.
    hutt
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Budweiser selling out 2008/07/13 09:28:47 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by brentk

quote:

Name one.

I could name a hundred, but if you think that AB brews the best beer in America it would be pointless to go through the exercise.

Thanks, brentk. Peace, and enjoy your beer, whatever it may be!
    John Fox
    • Total Posts : 2339
    RE: Budweiser selling out 2008/07/13 10:44:20 (permalink)
    Ironic that Anheuser Busch, which has swallowed up some smaller breweries (most recently Rolling Rock) resulting in concern about jobs, might now face the same fate. There is much better beer out there. Bud contains rice which adds fermentables, but no flavor. I prefer an all malt beer. The Czech beer with same name is much better than American Bud. Because of ongoing court battles, the Czech version is called Czechvar here.
    leethebard
    Sirloin
    RE: Budweiser selling out 2008/07/13 10:46:05 (permalink)
    quote:

quote:

quote:

Name one.

I don't know why the sarcasm,Hutt...I love good Micro brews from the good old USA...and contrary to poor rumors I love things American...why the crack about Pizza...don't get the connection...sure you're not an old poster who was kicked off this site?????

JBarry713
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 243
    RE: Budweiser selling out 2008/07/13 11:19:00 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by John Fox

Ironic that Anheuser Busch, which has swallowed up some smaller breweries (most recently Rolling Rock) resulting in concern about jobs, might now face the same fate. There is much better beer out there. Bud contains rice which adds fermentables, but no flavor. I prefer an all malt beer. The Czech beer with same name is much better than American Bud. Because of ongoing court battles, the Czech version is called Czechvar here.

Any beer drinker knows that Bud is a poor quality beer, the reason why it sells has less to do with taste and more to do with marketing. That said, I would still like for Bud to be American owned, but if it is bought out, I won't care too much because I rarely drink it these days anyway.
    hutt
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Budweiser selling out 2008/07/13 11:20:23 (permalink)
    quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Name one.

I don't know why the sarcasm,Hutt...I love good Micro brews from the good old USA...and contrary to poor rumors I love things American...why the crack about Pizza...don't get the connection...sure you're not an old poster who was kicked off this site?????

I'm not being sarcastic at all, Lee - although I guess I AM getting old! I only mentioned pizza along with the beer I guess because they're two of the greatest thing I love in the USA!
    I haven't had a micro brew that I've liked as much as the big-name beers yet, though. That Sam Adams stuff makes me gag!
    Ain't never been kicked off a site yet but I guess there can always be a first time for everything. I'm just all for American tradition!

No sarcasm or insult intended!
    exsquidao
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 409
    RE: Budweiser selling out 2008/07/13 11:22:29 (permalink)
    quote:

Thanks John I knew of the Czech "Budweiser" and the issues that the AB had with them but Ididn't know we can get the Czech version here, I will have to look for it.
    hutt
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Budweiser selling out 2008/07/13 11:24:05 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Jack Barry

quote:

Any beer drinker knows that Bud is a poor quality beer, the reason why it sells has less to do with taste and more to do with marketing. That said, I would still like for Bud to be American owned, but if it is bought out, I won't care too much because I rarely drink it these days anyway.

WHATTTTT????
    Budweiser is NOT a poor quality beer at all!
    My gut is wayyyy bigger than yours, hence my right to say so!
    wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7965
    RE: Budweiser selling out 2008/07/13 11:29:38 (permalink)
    I thinkHORRIBLE would actually be a compliment in describing the taste of Bud- that's if there was actually a taste to it- it just tastes like over-carbonated tap water to me.

Bud to me is like the "Dunkin Donuts" of coffee and should probably change their name to

BAD BAD BAD!!!
    hutt
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Budweiser selling out 2008/07/13 11:33:32 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by wanderingjew

I think HORRIBLE would actually be a compliment in describing the taste of Bud- that's if there was actually a taste to it- it just tastes like over-carbonated tap water to me.

Bud to me is like the "Dunkin Donuts" of coffee and should probably change their name to

BAD BAD BAD!!!

So is this a challenge? A war of the beer-bellies? LOL!
    wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7965
    RE: Budweiser selling out 2008/07/13 11:38:29 (permalink)
    quote:

So is this a challenge? A war of the beer-bellies? LOL!

Actually I don't have a beer belly, thankfully I lost that almost 2 years ago.

I am a fan of locally crafted brews. Living in Seattle for over three years definetely had something to do with that. I do enjoy Sam Adams and Yuengling which in my opinion still retain their quality despite their widespread popularity
    DLnWPBrown
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 832
    RE: Budweiser selling out 2008/07/13 11:44:03 (permalink)
    I prefer PBRs, good beer at a really good price.

Dennis in Cary
    leethebard
    Sirloin
    RE: Budweiser selling out 2008/07/13 12:07:17 (permalink)
    quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Name one.

I'm not being sarcastic at all, Lee - although I guess I AM getting old! I only mentioned pizza along with the beer I guess because they're two of the greatest thing I love in the USA!
    I haven't had a micro brew that I've liked as much as the big-name beers yet, though. That Sam Adams stuff makes me gag!
    Ain't never been kicked off a site yet but I guess there can always be a first time for everything. I'm just all for American tradition!

No sarcasm or insult intended!

Thanks,Hutt,then no sarcasm or insult taken. I ,too ,am getting old..and I remember Bud in the early 60's as tasting different then...beechwood aging meant something!!! I just don't enjoy it now...too watery,like most American beers. Sam Adams,today,is far from a micro brew...it is bottled now in a bunch of breweries...and most of us don't get the beer brewed in Boston.I believe as taste buds go...live and let live,so if your buds like Bud..go for it and enjoy!!! Thanks.
    Lee
    Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1