Bun's Restaurant -Delaware, Ohio

Author
bclyne
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
2003/07/07 06:58:44 (permalink)

Bun's Restaurant -Delaware, Ohio

Bun's restaurant in Delaware, Ohio, is no longer in business. Burned down. Sad!

3 Replies Related Threads

Michael Stern
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1034
    RE: Bun's Restaurant -Delaware, Ohio 2003/07/07 09:11:45 (permalink)
    I was told they had plans to rebuild and re-open.
    JulesF
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 16
    RE: Bun's Restaurant -Delaware, Ohio 2003/07/07 10:39:41 (permalink)
    I'm a local, live 10 minutes from Delaware. I'll try to watch and post any updates from the local paper. The last article I saw was June 28, '03. Here's my paraphrase: Bun's burnt down in March '02 and the arson case (still under active investigation) goes unsolved. (The site is boarded up in 2-story storefronts, but the cool old sign that arches over the street wasn't damaged. Nor were any other shops in the vicinity. Even boarded up, it isn't unsightly.) The lack of an arrest in the case has kept the owner, Vasili Konstantinidis, from being able to afford the new insurance rate (higher due to the arson) and kept him from opening the restaurant on its previous location (6 W. Winter St.). However, he has plans to open a new restaurant named Bun's in the site of an adjacent business (12 W. Winter) and a storefront between the two that was used as a dining and banquet room for the original Bun's. Interior remodeling is planned to start in August or September. Konstantinidis may end up operating this as a separate restaurant, if and when he is able to rebuild at the original location, which he still plans to do. The city had approved a tax abatement last year to help him build a planned one-story Bun's behind a two-story facade at the original location, but that agreement expired in May since restoration and rebuilding had not begun.

JulesF
    JulesF
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 16
    RE: Bun's Restaurant -Delaware, Ohio 2004/01/27 17:54:36 (permalink)
    BUN'S HAS REOPENED TODAY 1/27/04 AT THE SITE ADJACENT TO THEIR OLD PLACE, AND WITH THE SAME MENU AS BEFORE. AH.... THE FUDGE CAKE!!!!!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1