The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Burger Joint @ Le Parker Meridien (NYC)

booboobirdie

• Total Posts: 143
Burger Joint @ Le Parker Meridien (NYC) Thu, 02/1/07 3:40 PM (permalink)
Has anyone tried this place? We're thinking about checking it out in a few weeks (front row tix to The Lion King...WHOOPEEE!!) but thought I should check with my fellow RF experts first.

TJ Jackson

• Total Posts: 4486
    RE: Burger Joint @ Le Parker Meridien (NYC) Thu, 02/1/07 3:43 PM (permalink)
    The commute to NYC from Cincinnati (where I live) is just a wee bit problematic, so I haven't been there, but here is some material that may be of use

http://www.ahamburgertoday.com/archives/2005/05/review_burger_j.php

spicoli

• Total Posts: 68
      RE: Burger Joint @ Le Parker Meridien (NYC) Thu, 02/1/07 4:02 PM (permalink)
      It's pretty good. You won't be blown away, but the burgers and fries are good and you can get good shakes and beer as well. I'd say to go for it.

It does get crowded and the place does think it's painfully hip, but the burgers are worth it. And seeing as there are not many low priced dinner options downtown, it gets extra points for that.

Pigiron

• Total Posts: 1384
        • Roadfood Insider
        RE: Burger Joint @ Le Parker Meridien (NYC) Thu, 02/1/07 5:07 PM (permalink)
        I LOVE this place. The burgers and the fries are very much along the lines of "In n Out Burgers". Not huge, not gourmet, but really, really good. The seating is very limited, so try it at an off hour. The whole imitation "downscale" look of the place is pretty silly, considering that it's inside Le Parker Meridian, but it really does look like an old run-down "joint". Must have cost a fortune to get that look!

booboobirdie

• Total Posts: 143
          RE: Burger Joint @ Le Parker Meridien (NYC) Mon, 02/26/07 12:29 PM (permalink)
          Thanks for the feedback, folks! We went yesterday, and the general consensus was that it was FANTASTIC! Great burger (charred outside, pink and juicy interior, very fresh tasting beef). Fries were as good as McDonald's. So glad we walked a bit out of our way. The seating situation is tough, though, and some people just don't realize that while they're sitting there LONG after they've finished eating, and they're just chit-chatting away, other patrons are standing, trying to balance burgers, fries, sodas. We (5 of us) balanced our tray on top of a garbage can (it was the only available spot)and ate of of that while 2 people occupied a nearby booth for about 40 minutes after they had finished eating. Oh well, I guess not everyone was brought up with the manners that my mom taught us.
          We stopped at Pluck U on 9th before we went, and I have to say they were some of the best buffalo wings I've ever had.
          Great show, great wings, great burgers....an all around wonderful day!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com