Burger King getting expensive

Author
the ancient mariner
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3987
2006/10/10 19:14:10 (permalink)

Burger King getting expensive

Fella in Orlando tried to pay for his order with a credit card, but it was rejected. So he left without breakfast. Called his wife to have her check out their account and she found the charge. The BK bill came to $4783.63 Bk refunded the amount and is looking into the matter. Nice of them, I'd say !!!!

In March a guy in Calif got a bill for $4334.33 from BK ------
their new policy is "If at first you don't succeed---try, try, again". Maybe some big spender will overlook the tab.

18 Replies Related Threads

doggydaddy
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1847
    RE: Burger King getting expensive 2006/10/10 19:26:11 (permalink)

They are the Home of the Whopper. That bill is the best example.
    AndreaB
    • Total Posts : 1303
    RE: Burger King getting expensive 2006/10/10 21:29:04 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by doggydaddy

They are the Home of the Whopper. That bill is the best example.

That is ridiculous. These days you have to watch your credit / debit card charges like a hawk. And, your phone bill as well.

" />Andrea
    ellen4641
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3531
    RE: Burger King getting expensive 2006/10/10 21:55:48 (permalink)
    yeah, whatever happened to the 99 cent whopper?!?

went out like the 10 cent phone call, I guess!

one pretty much has to beg to get a "fresh off the grill" BK burger..
    even then, it's hard to avoid that "steamer" taste, right?!?
    long dog
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 295
    RE: Burger King getting expensive 2006/10/10 22:41:11 (permalink)
    ellen -

it's downsized into the Jr. Whopper
    sk bob
    • Total Posts : 1801
    RE: Burger King getting expensive 2006/10/11 20:31:04 (permalink)
    I don't understand paying for a $5 meal with a credit card. don't people have any cash in their pocket?
    sk bob
    RE: Burger King getting expensive 2006/10/11 20:33:26 (permalink)
    oh, sorry, it just dawned on me. it makes you look important,like talking on a cell phone.
    felix4067
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3545
    RE: Burger King getting expensive 2006/10/11 21:13:14 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by sk bob

I don't understand paying for a $5 meal with a credit card. don't people have any cash in their pocket?

Sometimes, nope! Or I need to use what little cash I have to pay for parking. In some of the areas where I find myself working, carrying cash is tantamount to advertising that I would like to be mugged, raped, or murdered. I would rather put a $5 meal on my debit card than risk being hurt, thanks.

I don't give a flying **** if you think I look important while I'm paying for my food OR while I'm talking on my cell phone. I have more important things to worry about than what other people think about anything I do, unless they happen to be writing my paycheck.
    ellen4641
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3531
    RE: Burger King getting expensive 2006/10/11 21:57:50 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by felix4067

quote:

Sometimes, nope! Or I need to use what little cash I have to pay for parking. In some of the areas where I find myself working, carrying cash is tantamount to advertising that I would like to be mugged, raped, or murdered. I would rather put a $5 meal on my debit card than risk being hurt, thanks.

I don't give a flying **** if you think I look important while I'm paying for my food OR while I'm talking on my cell phone. I have more important things to worry about than what other people think about anything I do, unless they happen to be writing my paycheck.

I'd so much rather pay cash for small purchases.
    I'm lucky that I make tips $$ in my pocket everyday, but still,
    I'd rather not hand my credit card over like that for trivial transactions.

My brother-in-law just had "identity theft" happen to him while on a business trip to Vegas.
    He gave his credit card to pay for a meal with 2 other comrades at Mimi's Restaurant (a chain out west, considered nice ,as far as chains go)

Turns out the waiter made an exact replica of his credit card, and proceeded to head to the nearby Wal Mart, and bought about $1400 of electronics stuff.

I have no qualms about using my credit card on the internet to pay for airline tickets, and buy stuff on e-bay (net teller), but I figure why take a silly extra risk for a $5.00 meal ?!?

just my opinion...
    felix4067
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Burger King getting expensive 2006/10/12 11:39:48 (permalink)
    Here's a scenario: You have 20 minutes to get to work, you have to eat, and you have $10.00 in your pocket. It costs $9.00 to park to go to work, and Burger King takes your debit card.

Would you rather go without food, or use your debit card at BK? If you have more cash than that, then bonus for you, you can do both!

Identity theft can happen at a five-star restaurant as well, and online (eBay? Yikes). In fact, it's much more likely. People who work at BK aren't typically known as the rocket scientists of the world, so they're not likely to have the wherewithal to copy a credit card in the 15-45 seconds they have it in-hand.

It may be a "silly extra risk", but I'd rather take a "silly" risk than a definite one that could leave me hurt or dead. I try not to walk around with much (if any) cash between my car and where I'm working for the above mentioned mugging reasons. I work in some pretty rough neighbourhoods. It's not that I don't have MONEY, it's that I don't carry CASH.
    bigdog540
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 101
    RE: Burger King getting expensive 2006/10/12 12:54:19 (permalink)
    I'm usually the lucky person who gets stuck in the express line at the supermarket behind the person with two items and a credit card.

It always puzzles me that people walk around without CASH. The mugging excuse is just BS, no mugger takes a survey of how much you carry before he jumps you. You'll get mugged for $2.00 or you'll get mugged for $150. If he's out to mug you you're done.

As for BK, I don't go there. Another good reason to eat at true Roadfood places. Most are cash only.
    felix4067
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Burger King getting expensive 2006/10/12 16:11:44 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by bigdog540

It always puzzles me that people walk around without CASH. The mugging excuse is just BS, no mugger takes a survey of how much you carry before he jumps you. You'll get mugged for $2.00 or you'll get mugged for $150. If he's out to mug you you're done.

When you have the same group of homeless folks doing the mugging, they know after the first time that you don't carry cash. At least, that's how it works where I live and work.
    sk bob
    RE: Burger King getting expensive 2006/10/12 21:14:08 (permalink)
    Hey Felix 4067 if you're in that situation every day,that sucks but I don't feel sorry for you.
    carry a weapon, it sounds like the bullys are taking your lunch money
    felix4067
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Burger King getting expensive 2006/10/12 22:01:02 (permalink)
    quote:

Hey Felix 4067 if you're in that situation every day,that sucks but I don't feel sorry for you.
    carry a weapon, it sounds like the bullys are taking your lunch money

I don't expect, nor do I desire, you or anyone else to feel sorry for me. In fact, I'd rather you didn't think about my welfare at all. No one is taking my lunch money, and I would be fired immediately if I walked into work carrying a weapon. I was simply explaining one of the possible reasons why someone would use a debit/credit card at Burger King. If that wasn't clear, then one of us obviously has a problem.
    WingLover
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 145
    RE: Burger King getting expensive 2006/10/18 11:22:27 (permalink)
    quote:

I very rarely carry cash with me anymore. I put almost everything onto my debit card or credit card. But mostly debit.

~Jessica
    sk bob
    RE: Burger King getting expensive 2006/10/22 11:59:28 (permalink)
    Geez, sorry if I stepped on anyones feelings
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6695
    RE: Burger King getting expensive 2006/10/22 13:18:14 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by WingLover

quote:

I very rarely carry cash with me anymore. I put almost everything onto my debit card or credit card. But mostly debit.

~Jessica

I use my debit card for most transactions also.
    I find it very convenient not to have to carry lot's of cash, especially since my wallet was ripped off a couple months ago.
    I dont walk around with the "fear factor"...It is just a matter of personal taste as to how I wish to pay for MY transactions.
    TwoJays
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 200
    RE: Burger King getting expensive 2006/10/22 16:10:56 (permalink)
    quote:

Geez, sorry if I stepped on anyones feelings

Umm, you're probably about 11 days too late w/ the apology, Bob. While I'm not a debit-card user and generally pay cash for anything under $20, I found your several remarks offensive, compassion-less and ignorant of how others might (have to) lead their lives.

Just calling it as I see it.

John
    Scorereader
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5566
    RE: Burger King getting expensive 2006/10/23 01:02:22 (permalink)
    I use my debit card for almost everything. I can track my expeditures with my monthly statement and don't use a credit card to pay for anything except online purchases or larger necessity purchases where I need the credit card. My motto in general is if it isn't in my checking account, I"m not buying it.
    by using my debit card I don't have to remember not only how much I spent over the course of the week or month, rather I can easily track my spending and chart exactly where my money has been spent. My debit card security is very easy to trip if the card is used illegally. So, I feel pretty safe.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1