Burger King's Enormous Omelet Sandwich

Author
tamandmik
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 949
  • Joined: 2003/06/25 10:11:00
  • Location: Las Cruces, NM
  • Status: offline
2005/03/28 16:00:12 (permalink)

Burger King's Enormous Omelet Sandwich

http://money.cnn.com/2005/03/28/news/midcaps/burgerking_breakfast/index.htm?cnn=yes

Has anyone seen this yet? Supposedly, this behemoth debuted today. I'd hate to be in the office with anyone who ate this mystery meat this morning.
#1

22 Replies Related Threads

    berndog
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 674
    • Joined: 2003/04/08 18:07:00
    • Location: Rochester, NY
    • Status: offline
    RE: Burger King's Enormous Omelet Sandwich 2005/03/28 16:36:36 (permalink)
    Probably sponsored by the makers of cholesterol lowering medications.
    #2
    signman
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1743
    • Joined: 2000/10/23 05:15:00
    • Location: Baltimore, MD
    • Status: offline
    RE: Burger King's Enormous Omelet Sandwich 2005/03/28 20:07:24 (permalink)
    I had one this morning and am now writing from my hospital room Kidding.

    I'll never have to worry about trying this -- I don't eat sausage.
    #3
    Adjudicator
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5065
    • Joined: 2003/05/20 11:25:00
    • Location: Tallahassee, FL
    • Status: offline
    RE: Burger King's Enormous Omelet Sandwich 2005/03/28 20:11:14 (permalink)
    OOPS:

    http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7092
    #4
    Theedge
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1196
    • Joined: 2003/11/16 14:10:00
    • Status: offline
    RE: Burger King's Enormous Omelet Sandwich 2005/03/28 20:39:11 (permalink)
    Hey, take off the bun and it's health food!
    #5
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18275
    • Joined: 2000/07/01 08:52:00
    • Location: Gahanna, OH
    • Status: offline
    RE: Burger King's Enormous Omelet Sandwich 2005/03/28 20:42:20 (permalink)
    I don't know what they mean about it debuting on Monday. I got two for my grandson a week ago Saturday and another two this past Saturday. He likes them a lot. By the way, they look good and they smell good. I don't have the kid's appetite, though. Along with two Enormous Omelet sandwiches, he also ate two sausage, egg and cheese biscuit sandwiches and two large orders of hashbrowns.
    #6
    dreamzpainter
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1609
    • Joined: 2005/02/06 12:44:00
    • Location: jacksonville, FL
    • Status: offline
    RE: Burger King's Enormous Omelet Sandwich 2005/03/29 01:56:15 (permalink)
    Ive always liked the sausage that BK uses and the sausage crosaint with cheese pulls a close second to Hardees sausage and cheese biscut. I don't usually get the fast food eggs but this collosus just may need a test eat or 3
    #7
    kland01s
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2835
    • Joined: 2003/03/14 07:01:00
    • Location: Fox River Valley, IL
    • Status: offline
    RE: Burger King's Enormous Omelet Sandwich 2005/03/29 09:01:12 (permalink)
    Michael, hopefully your grandson doesn,t eat like that every day? Maybe after soccer?
    #8
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18275
    • Joined: 2000/07/01 08:52:00
    • Location: Gahanna, OH
    • Status: offline
    RE: Burger King's Enormous Omelet Sandwich 2005/03/29 09:13:55 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by kland01s

    Michael, hopefully your grandson doesn,t eat like that every day? Maybe after soccer?

    Every day. Soccer? When he played soccer as a little kid the parents all called him the assassin. When he discovered that in football one not only could hit people hard enough to fog their brains, but one was encouraged to do so he became a very happy person. Today he is a 6'1" 190-pound happy person being pursued by coaches of the game of football from various points around the United States.
    #9
    kland01s
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2835
    • Joined: 2003/03/14 07:01:00
    • Location: Fox River Valley, IL
    • Status: offline
    RE: Burger King's Enormous Omelet Sandwich 2005/03/29 13:09:22 (permalink)
    Ah.... that explains his healthy appetite! Good for him, I hope he gets in to a great school!
    #10
    marky
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 104
    • Joined: 2003/03/20 11:02:00
    • Location: boynton beach, FL
    • Status: offline
    RE: Burger King's Enormous Omelet Sandwich 2005/03/29 13:13:27 (permalink)
    heart attack on a bun. 765 calories loaded with fat. what are they thinking
    #11
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18275
    • Joined: 2000/07/01 08:52:00
    • Location: Gahanna, OH
    • Status: offline
    RE: Burger King's Enormous Omelet Sandwich 2005/03/29 13:36:11 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by kland01s

    Ah.... that explains his healthy appetite! Good for him, I hope he gets in to a great school!

    I hope he chooses the school that pays best.
    #12
    dreamzpainter
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1609
    • Joined: 2005/02/06 12:44:00
    • Location: jacksonville, FL
    • Status: offline
    RE: Burger King's Enormous Omelet Sandwich 2005/03/29 13:42:46 (permalink)
    Perhaps they are thinking that regardless of big brother telling us its bad for us people will still eat what they find enjoyable, like with Hardee's superburger. Some people look agast of the super sandwich not realizing that the person buying it is the one who was buying 3-4 "regular" sandwichs. My son at 6'7 and 220 pounds can put away 2-3 wendy's triples and still looks like a stringbean. People don't seem to realize that those of us af larger size just need more fuel and its really not unusal to order a large pizza for lunch instead of a couple slices. The petite young thang at Taco Bell looked a little dazed when we ordered two 10 packs of tacos for dine in, then there was the time at McD's we ordered 7 Quarter pounders...
    #13
    rbpalmer
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 469
    • Joined: 2003/04/02 10:55:00
    • Location: washington, DC
    • Status: offline
    RE: Burger King's Enormous Omelet Sandwich 2005/03/29 14:52:54 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by dreamzpainter

    Perhaps they are thinking that regardless of big brother telling us its bad for us people will still eat what they find enjoyable, like with Hardee's superburger. Some people look agast of the super sandwich not realizing that the person buying it is the one who was buying 3-4 "regular" sandwichs. My son at 6'7 and 220 pounds can put away 2-3 wendy's triples and still looks like a stringbean. People don't seem to realize that those of us af larger size just need more fuel and its really not unusal to order a large pizza for lunch instead of a couple slices. The petite young thang at Taco Bell looked a little dazed when we ordered two 10 packs of tacos for dine in, then there was the time at McD's we ordered 7 Quarter pounders...


    I am of similar size and used to eat like this, too. Then, as I got older and my metabolism decreased, I realized that I had to cut back; that I could no longer eat like a horse and remain thin. I realized this when my weight got to 270 lbs. Fortunately, I was able to adjust my eating habits and get back down to 220-225, where I am today. Judging by the number of obese people I see, a lot of people are either unwilling or unable to make the adjustment. I hope your son can.
    #14
    dreamzpainter
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1609
    • Joined: 2005/02/06 12:44:00
    • Location: jacksonville, FL
    • Status: offline
    RE: Burger King's Enormous Omelet Sandwich 2005/03/29 16:31:59 (permalink)
    He's at an age where he still burns it faster than it goes in and at 6'7, 220 pounds looks like 130 on someone a foot shorter. I on the other hand HAVE had to curb my eating because at "ONLY" 6'4, 250 pounds is gettin a lil big..
    #15
    Lavanda
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 111
    • Joined: 2005/04/05 22:39:00
    • Location: BackOfBeyond, TX
    • Status: offline
    RE: Burger King's Enormous Omelet Sandwich 2005/04/06 15:34:03 (permalink)
    My son and I went and tried this the other day.

    It is way over-hyped!

    Not good tating at all! Although, not even the fountain Dr Peppers tasted right at this outlet. The bacon was limp, seemed microwaved. Sausage was flavorless, eggs rubbery, and it was not an omelet with the bacon and cheese as fillings. (as had been advertised) ...It was a rectangular roll, not toated, somwhat warm, with the sausage patty on the bottom half of the bread, then the egg laid on top, then cheese (American cheese food of course) then the limp slice of bacon om top.

    It is not THAT big, although big enough to handle, it just didnt seem as advertised.

    We were not impressed. Certainly not worth inviting a heart attack over, and really not anymore food than ordering a regular two-egg breakfast, but not near as tasty!

    The other burger chains, such as Whataburger or McDonald's, have Burger King beat on this travesty. Dont waste your money and time.
    #16
    efuery
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 630
    • Joined: 2003/12/23 12:31:00
    • Location: Danbury, CT
    • Status: offline
    RE: Burger King's Enormous Omelet Sandwich 2005/04/06 15:48:15 (permalink)
    The sandwich doesn't bother me nearly as much as the creepy advertisements.
    #17
    Tony Bad
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 5116
    • Status: offline
    RE: Burger King's Enormous Omelet Sandwich 2005/04/06 16:00:07 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by efuery

    The sandwich doesn't bother me nearly as much as the creepy advertisements.


    Yes! That creepy king lurking outside your house is creepy...I wouldn't take a sandwich from that guy. An even scarier one is for some other sandwich where the wakes up with a start only to find the Burger King in bed with him...YIKES!!" />
    #18
    Adjudicator
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5065
    • Joined: 2003/05/20 11:25:00
    • Location: Tallahassee, FL
    • Status: offline
    RE: Burger King's Enormous Omelet Sandwich 2005/04/06 16:17:01 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Tony Bad

    quote:
    Originally posted by efuery

    The sandwich doesn't bother me nearly as much as the creepy advertisements.


    Yes! That creepy king lurking outside your house is creepy...I wouldn't take a sandwich from that guy. An even scarier one is for some other sandwich where the wakes up with a start only to find the Burger King in bed with him...YIKES!!" />


    What's that old BK jingle??? (It takes two hands to handle a Whopper...)??

    #19
    Tony Bad
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 5116
    • Status: offline
    RE: Burger King's Enormous Omelet Sandwich 2005/04/06 16:27:39 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Adjudicator

    quote:
    Originally posted by Tony Bad

    quote:
    Originally posted by efuery

    The sandwich doesn't bother me nearly as much as the creepy advertisements.


    Yes! That creepy king lurking outside your house is creepy...I wouldn't take a sandwich from that guy. An even scarier one is for some other sandwich where the wakes up with a start only to find the Burger King in bed with him...YIKES!!" />


    What's that old BK jingle??? (It takes two hands to handle a Whopper...)??




    You have added a whole new level of creepiness to that commercial!
    #20
    Lone Star
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1730
    • Joined: 2003/05/22 10:02:00
    • Location: Houston, TX
    • Status: offline
    RE: Burger King's Enormous Omelet Sandwich 2005/04/06 16:47:07 (permalink)
    I am glad I am not the only one creeped out by those commericials. He is like a Halloween/Jason character and I wait for the slashing to begin.

    I swear, I would think it would give little kids nightmares!

    I thought the guy who woke up in the bed with the King had more serious issues to deal with than breakfsast. Like where was he the night before?
    #21
    Adjudicator
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5065
    • Joined: 2003/05/20 11:25:00
    • Location: Tallahassee, FL
    • Status: offline
    RE: Burger King's Enormous Omelet Sandwich 2005/04/06 18:07:05 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Lone Star

    I am glad I am not the only one creeped out by those commericials. He is like a Halloween/Jason character and I wait for the slashing to begin.

    I swear, I would think it would give little kids nightmares!

    I thought the guy who woke up in the bed with the King had more serious issues to deal with than breakfsast. Like where was he the night before?


    Oh, probably with Ronald; both discussing their Big Macs...
    #22
    Lavanda
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 111
    • Joined: 2005/04/05 22:39:00
    • Location: BackOfBeyond, TX
    • Status: offline
    RE: Burger King's Enormous Omelet Sandwich 2005/04/11 23:09:15 (permalink)
    #23
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1