Burritos, don't leave home for em'

Author
Rusty246
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2414
2003/09/25 16:07:55 (permalink)

Burritos, don't leave home for em'

I just wanted to share a website with you from a business here called Burrito Bros. Taco Company. They have been in business here in Gainesville for 27 years. It's a little hole in the wall place with nothing but FRESH ingredients. They pick through their beans by hand, both black and pinto. Make their own chips, guac. EVERYTHING is made by hand. If they were to move to a larger location it would just be ruined. Every day you see people out the door and down the side walks to eat this food. When Alumni come back to town for any reason they flock here. The owner Randy, now ships these great burritos Fed-Ex, over 20,000 of them! Check out the "shirt sightings" area! GIve em' a try, you won't be disappointed. Oh, and for the heat seekers, get the onions and "habs"........

www.burritobros.com

6 Replies Related Threads

spadoman
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 228
    RE: Burritos, don't leave home for em' 2003/09/27 02:35:08 (permalink)
    Thanks for the tip. I've done BBQ ribs mail order, why not Burritos? There are so many good small independents making spectacular food. The big problem is the indigestion while trying to weed out the good ones from the bad. The LA roach coaches are a prime example of this phenom, but I keep trying to find the good ones.
    EliseT
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2883
    RE: Burritos, don't leave home for em' 2003/09/27 05:42:25 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by spadoman

Thanks for the tip. I've done BBQ ribs mail order, why not Burritos? There are so many good small independents making spectacular food. The big problem is the indigestion while trying to weed out the good ones from the bad. The LA roach coaches are a prime example of this phenom, but I keep trying to find the good ones.

If you want to find a good taco truck in L.A. (I assume you mean Los Angeles, not Louisiana), wait until about 1:30 am. Drive around with your windows down until you hear some loud Norteno or salsa music. Look around for the bar where the music is coming from, and I can guarantee you that parked in front will be a taco truck with carnitas to haunt your dreams. My favorite thing to do is to get a couple of tacos so hot you feel like you've been eating razor blades, then head over to 7-11 for a sno-cone.
    spadoman
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 228
    RE: Burritos, don't leave home for em' 2003/09/27 05:48:42 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by EliseT

quote:

If you want to find a good taco truck in L.A. (I assume you mean Los Angeles, not Louisiana), wait until about 1:30 am. Drive around with your windows down until you hear some loud Norteno or salsa music. Look around for the bar where the music is coming from, and I can guarantee you that parked in front will be a taco truck with carnitas to haunt your dreams. My favorite thing to do is to get a couple of tacos so hot you feel like you've been eating razor blades, then head over to 7-11 for a sno-cone.

Yes! We use to find the best stuff at bar closing time. You been to that place on PCH in Redondo that looks like it was an old wienerschnitzle hot dog joint turned into a stationary roach coach. The name escapes me, it was near that Aimee's place but on the other side of the street. Anyway, good hot n' spicy ones, my mouth is watering. I have to make my own here when I'm in Minnesota.
    EliseT
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2883
    RE: Burritos, don't leave home for em' 2003/09/27 06:31:46 (permalink)
    quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes! We use to find the best stuff at bar closing time. You been to that place on PCH in Redondo that looks like it was an old wienerschnitzle hot dog joint turned into a stationary roach coach. The name escapes me, it was near that Aimee's place but on the other side of the street. Anyway, good hot n' spicy ones, my mouth is watering. I have to make my own here when I'm in Minnesota.

I've seen that place, but I live near Los Feliz now, where there is much better Mexican food. Plus I'm usually visiting my mother anytime I go down there, and she has a delicate palate and generous heart so I get to eat "fancy". It seems that when the South Bay gentrified, alot of the good Mexican food disappeared (along with the surfers).
    tiki
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4140
    RE: Burritos, don't leave home for em' 2003/09/27 08:11:32 (permalink)
    quote:

quote:

Ya know'i did the same thing in Chico,Ca! Got to hand to you Elise,you know how to eat!
    carlton pierre
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2500
    RE: Burritos, don't leave home for em' 2004/12/29 00:00:26 (permalink)
    I get excellent, and big authentic burritos from a place in Knoxville called Taco de Mexico. It's a roadfood kind of place but quite popular.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1