Burritos that Fill You Up in Wash, DC

Author
Cubs Fan
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 28
2003/05/08 12:49:06 (permalink)

Burritos that Fill You Up in Wash, DC

Burrito Brother regular and super size burritos with the base burrito being beans (refried, red, black) rice and salsa, you get cheese with the super) The basic super beans and rice for $5-6 will definitely be a meal.

This local chain started in Dupont Circle and now has locations on Capital Hill, Union Station Adams Morgan, and Georgetown, for example.

8 Replies Related Threads

kdiammond
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 133
    RE: Burritos that Fill You Up in Wash, DC 2003/05/08 16:24:06 (permalink)
    Just across the street from the Ballston Metro station is a little storefront Mexican place that made the best burrito that I ever had. It had rice and some killer black beans, carne asado (roasted pork in this case), queso blanco (sort of similar to unsalted feta), onions, and a very flavorful but painfully hot green salsa. All for about 5.00. I have to go back there some time soon!
    1bbqboy
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4644
    RE: Burritos that Fill You Up in Wash, DC 2003/05/08 17:55:09 (permalink)
    So green exists coast to coast. I think it's a secret society, sot of like skull and bones
    kland01s
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2835
    RE: Burritos that Fill You Up in Wash, DC 2003/05/09 13:12:35 (permalink)
    Green is coast to coast but in some places its the mildest and in some its the hottest! I had some last night in a local Mexican place and it was very mild. (Chicago area)
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18882
    RE: Burritos that Fill You Up in Wash, DC 2003/05/09 14:39:05 (permalink)
    Chipotle' is another burrito chain that turns out huge burritos. The build them as you walk along the line telling them what yoou want in your burrito. Quite good. Chiplotle' started in Denver several years ago. It's now mostly owned by McDonald's.
    jpatweb
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 232
    RE: Burritos that Fill You Up in Wash, DC 2003/05/09 16:10:41 (permalink)
    Yeah, I'm a fan of Burrito Brothers going way back to their original Dupont location. I like that they've stood their ground against the wrap craze, which mostly faded, and other local burrito purveyors, several of which also faded away. Decent, dependable, inexpensive food from a local outfit.

Their strongest competitor, Chipotle, on the other hand, just doesn't do it for me. Everything about the place is a little too perfect and measured, which I guess is to be expected from a corporate chain. And there's a similar taste running through their various products, at least the ones I tried, and that's a turnoff. However, they do a killer business, in DC at least, so people obviously feel different about them than I do. But I know where I'll spend my money.

quote:
    Originally posted by Cubs Fan

Burrito Brother regular and super size burritos with the base burrito being beans (refried, red, black) rice and salsa, you get cheese with the super) The basic super beans and rice for $5-6 will definitely be a meal.

This local chain started in Dupont Circle and now has locations on Capital Hill, Union Station Adams Morgan, and Georgetown, for example.
    Cubs Fan
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 28
    RE: Burritos that Fill You Up in Wash, DC 2003/05/15 15:58:30 (permalink)
    Chipotle's is my new neighborhood alternative to Burrito Brothers, since I moved from Capitol Hill to College Park, MD, where there is a Chipotle outlet
    kland01s
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2835
    RE: Burritos that Fill You Up in Wash, DC 2003/05/16 10:40:28 (permalink)
    Considering Chipotles is owned by McDonalds, they are pretty good. I understand what you're saying about being too measured but I like the taste of the Barbacoa and being able to select what I want in it.
    jdtime
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: Burritos that Fill You Up in Wash, DC 2006/07/31 21:23:53 (permalink)
    For College Park, try California Tortilla. Some interesting options and a very healthy portion. Plus, you can't beat the wall of sauces. Personally, I find Burrito Brothers beans and meats lacking in flavor and tended towards The Burro back when it was in Dupont. For waht it's worth, the burrito cart at 15th and K (still there?) NW, while limited, offered some awaesome burritos. My favorite- refried pinto beans in a flour tortilla with a healthy dose of Arizona Gunslinger sauce. Yum!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1