Bus Tour Nashville

Author
nianqua
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
2007/04/09 14:32:09 (permalink)

Bus Tour Nashville

I have tickets for the morning and afternoon tours..if interested please email mbellanti@verizon.net

11 Replies Related Threads

courtc7231
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 3
    RE: Bus Tour Nashville 2007/04/13 10:58:11 (permalink)
    We also have 2 tickets for the afternoon tour we will not be able to use. Please email at courtc7231@aol.com if interested.
    buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10083
    RE: Bus Tour Nashville 2007/04/13 11:21:52 (permalink)
    I received an email itinerary from Stephen for the upcoming Roadfood eating marathon. I am on the morning tour and I noticed some changes. Instead of going to Meridee's Breadbasket, it looks like we are going to Henpeck Market. And since the Belle Meade Cafeteria closed down, we are headed to a place named Monell's.

Is anyone familiar with Henpeck Market and/or Monell's? What kind of food do they serve? Should be fun getting to try some new places.
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15184
    RE: Bus Tour Nashville 2007/04/13 11:25:43 (permalink)
    Buster,

If the Monells is the one near the railroad station it is an old Victorian Home turned into a family-style restaurant. The West Tn Glee/BBQ group ate there a couple of years ago. Family style chicken dinners were our fare.

I read the reviews on Cityscape... a lot of people really liked the place, a few bad-mouthed it...very few middle of the road reviews. FYI. see the website on Busters post below
    buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10083
    RE: Bus Tour Nashville 2007/04/13 11:31:01 (permalink)
    Al-
    Thanks for the tip. I did a little googling and found this:

http://monellsdining.citysearch.com/

Sure does look like a pretty good place.

The Henpeck Market also has a website for those who want to check it out.

http://henpeckmarket.com/
    ayersian
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 899
    RE: Bus Tour Nashville 2007/04/13 17:13:14 (permalink)
    Hi, I have one extra ticket for the morning bus tour. If you are interested in purchasing it, please email magisterayers@yahoo.com. Thanks!
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13476
    RE: Bus Tour Nashville 2007/04/13 18:57:22 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Al-The Mayor-Bowen

Buster,

If the Monells is the one near the railroad station it is an old Victorian Home turned into a family-style restaurant. The West Tn Glee/BBQ group ate there a couple of years ago. Family style chicken dinners were our fare.

I read the reviews on Cityscape... a lot of people really liked the place, a few bad-mouthed it...very few middle of the road reviews. FYI. see the website on Busters post below

I really enjoyed the place and I think it was due to the presence of my roadfood pals. The food was OK and I think the trick was to get stuff fresh as it was delivered.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    msdiner
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 14
    RE: Bus Tour Nashville 2007/04/14 13:21:43 (permalink)
    Are there still afternoon tickets available? I will need 2 and possibly 1-2 more. thanks!
    Stephen Rushmore Jr.
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 2125
    RE: Bus Tour Nashville 2007/04/14 13:28:55 (permalink)
    You should post all of your requests here: http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19297
    msdiner
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 14
    RE: Bus Tour Nashville 2007/04/17 08:29:22 (permalink)
    I'm scheduled to be on the afternoon tour and can't locate my email re: the time that we meet at the Loveless and what is on the itinerary. Could someone please resend? Thanks!
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13476
    RE: Bus Tour Nashville 2007/04/17 08:35:57 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by msdiner

I'm scheduled to be on the afternoon tour and can't locate my email re: the time that we meet at the Loveless and what is on the itinerary. Could someone please resend? Thanks!

Meet at 1:45PM and the bus leaves sharp at 2:00PM

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    mlinkinhoker
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 183
    RE: Bus Tour Nashville 2007/04/24 10:42:51 (permalink)
    There are several Monell locations as well as the Monell Express locations. The original is in an area known as Germantown that has been experiencing a wonderful rebirth over the last few years. This location is an old Victorian home with about two community tables per a room. It is a unique dining experience as they seat you around huge community tables and fill them up with strangers who become friends over the course of a meal. The fried chicken is one of my favorites but I can also make a meal on the biscuits, preserves and salads - a melange of good old fashioned Southern Salads - three bean, cole slaw, potato, broccoli, etc. Everything is served family style in big plastic bowls that you pass around the table with each bowl starting at a different person to keep it going around quickly. Desserts to me are the weakest link here so save that for another place - it comes with the meal and is usually sitting on your plate when you sit down but usually not worth bothering with.

Henpeck Market is one of my most favorite places these days. Part country store (my teenage daughter spent probably $30 on candy and stuff last time we were there that she claims she can't find anywhere else - old fashioned candies and such), part gift shop, and part restaurant and music venue. I have to say these biscuits are the best outside of my mothers hands down. I'll even go so far to say they are better than Carol Faye at Loveless' biscuits. Pimento cheese is some of the best I have ever had though it does have a lot of pepper - it has very little mayo and is a combination of chedder and jack or a white cheddar (not sure - haven't asked). Cornbread salad, soups, and OH - desserts to die for - their coconut cake is moist and absolute heaven. Things here are like my mother and grandmothers made them and they were good cooks especially on their baked goods!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1