Butchers in Dayton Oh.

Author
brittneal
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1265
2008/07/21 22:53:35 (permalink)

Butchers in Dayton Oh.

My wife had had a taste for a nice plump garlic knocker. The only thing I could find was Queen city garlic franks, but even tho they lookes just right it wasnt the real deal. I know a lot of neighbor butchers went ubder due to the ppressure from the big chains and walley world, you would think a few would survive due to customer loyality. All I could find is a couple meat/butchers. None that did hone made sausage anymore. The only one I know is 60 mi south in Franklin. Is the rest of the nation running out of family butchers>
britt

9 Replies Related Threads

Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18268
    RE: Butchers in Dayton Oh. 2008/07/22 13:10:32 (permalink)
    Go east, young man. Go east. All the way to Schuman's on 3C highway in Southwest Columbus. They make their own sausages.

http://tinyurl.com/6n3uyb
    BuddyRoadhouse
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4177
    RE: Butchers in Dayton Oh. 2008/07/22 13:23:27 (permalink)
    Sorry to hijack this thread brittneal, but can you tell me anything about the Dot's stores in the Dayton area? We'll be doing demos there in August and I was hoping to get a little advance intelligence before we came into town. According to my current sources, Dot's is supposed to have a pretty nice couple of stores. They might even have the garlic "knockers" (I assume that's short for knackwurst?) you're looking for.

Thanks for any info you can share. Good luck in your search for sausage!

Buddy
    brittneal
    RE: Butchers in Dayton Oh. 2008/07/22 14:28:24 (permalink)
    Dots has excelent meats and a butcher shop as well.(I forgot them). One of them is closing(I think Bellbrook), due to lease. The meat counter is packed 10 deep w/ pushing and shoving. Its take a number and expect 20 people ahead of you.. All USDA choice beef and fresh pork and chicken as well as sausages. They are very small sores for the volume they do.

http://www.dotsmarket.com/

I just called and all they have is store made brats.
    britt
    BuddyRoadhouse
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4177
    RE: Butchers in Dayton Oh. 2008/07/22 21:32:52 (permalink)
    Thank you britt. That's very helpful. I'll be in Dayton, not sure which Dot's location yet, the second week of August. Maybe I'll see you there.

Sorry they don't have your garlic knockers.

Buddy
    Russ Jackson
    • Total Posts : 2257
    RE: Butchers in Dayton Oh. 2008/07/22 21:55:08 (permalink)
    Copey's in Medway britt. Take 675 north until it ends. Only a few miles north of Fairborn. Great place and the nicest people you will ever find. They have a great selection of Brats and such.I cant believe you haven't been there...Russ
    brittneal
    RE: Butchers in Dayton Oh. 2008/07/23 23:28:12 (permalink)
    Russ, we go to Copleys fairly often. The only sausages they have in the meat case are homemade brats-not even dinner franks on a string!. The meats are quite good if a bit pricy. I always correct them over the meat labeled pork tenderloin. Its a center cut loin and I cant convince them different. Maybe "tender pork loin?"
    Check that out next time.
    The butscher in franklin has wonderful home mades sausages and so does the one in Farmersville.
    pamelakrest
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 362
    RE: Butchers in Dayton Oh. 2008/07/24 00:58:17 (permalink)
    Have you tried Lande's meat market in Clayton, they have awesome meats. They butcher their own meat and have awesome susages.
    Pam
    Russ Jackson
    • Total Posts : 2257
    RE: Butchers in Dayton Oh. 2008/07/24 07:12:56 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by brittneal

Russ, we go to Copleys fairly often. The only sausages they have in the meat case are homemade brats-not even dinner franks on a string!. The meats are quite good if a bit pricy. I always correct them over the meat labeled pork tenderloin. Its a center cut loin and I cant convince them different. Maybe "tender pork loin?"
    Check that out next time.
    The butscher in franklin has wonderful home mades sausages and so does the one in Farmersville.

Is the Butcher in Franklin called Zinks?
    If not what is the name? Zinks is a nice place also....Russ
    brittneal
    RE: Butchers in Dayton Oh. 2008/07/27 14:59:05 (permalink)
    Russ, Zink's it is. My wife loved the old butchershop feel and sausages on strings.
    pamela, I used to drive by Landes all the time and thought they were a turkey farm?
    Also, while not a predominantly Jewish community, people who keep a Kosher kitchen have strict requirements! i would think a number of Jewish butchers/delis would exist if for only that reason!

britt
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1