Buttermilk - Breakfast Truck in LA

Author
EatingTheRoad
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1205
2009/11/11 08:09:46 (permalink)

Buttermilk - Breakfast Truck in LA

Has anyone else heard about this? I love their idea, and whole logo and design too. I think it's pretty genius and expect it to do well. Their grand opening is today, so we'll see (I sound like I'm promoting the damn thing). Too bad I'm not in LA. If you are maybe someone give it a shot and let us know. Is this considered Roadfood2? Would you frequent a breakfast truck?

http://buttermilktruck.com/menu

8 Replies Related Threads

tkitna
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 622
    Re:Buttermilk - Breakfast Truck in LA 2009/11/15 05:07:34 (permalink)
    I would absolutly frequent a breakfast truck if it was good. By the looks of those pictures, that one looks good.
    EatingTheRoad
    Re:Buttermilk - Breakfast Truck in LA 2009/11/15 07:00:53 (permalink)
    I wonder how they did their first week. I'll keep an eye out for news.
    enginecapt
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3486
    Re:Buttermilk - Breakfast Truck in LA 2009/11/15 07:41:23 (permalink)
    Good sweet choices, but not enough savory choices.

Eating off a truck... doesn't it usually involve standing to eat or taking the food back to one's car? In neither situation would I want to be eating something dripping with butter and syrup or a veggie omelet that's ejaculating diced plants.
    EatingTheRoad
    Re:Buttermilk - Breakfast Truck in LA 2009/11/15 08:47:37 (permalink)
    Looks like they're getting rave reviews...sounds like they did their research and are giving people what they want:
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/t...milk-truck-los-angeles

Get the french toast sticks. Get them. They are so good. you will not regret getting them and they are really the best thing on the menu.

The red velvet pancake bites were pretty good...

No matter what you choose in the biscuit, it's going to be good. Seriously. The apple smoked bacon and the apple chicken sausage are both delicious choices when it comes to the breakfast option.

I was in the middle of the road when it came to the chicken and waffles. The waffle was really good, but you only get one quarter of it. The fried chicken.. maybe it was just that the deep fryer was new and clean, but the chicken really lacked some flavor....

The hash brown/rosemary side is really something you need to eat while it's fresh and warm or you're just going to get a cold piece of potato and it's not good at all when it's like that.

Now, the breakfast sammy.  It's the *real* deal.  The biscuits are seriously delicious and I can't stop thinking about them!  The egg was cooked perfectly (for me), -- somewhere between over medium and over hard -- the cheese melty and steaming, the bacon thick and sizzling, and at $3.50, the perfect size.  The $.50 rosemary garlic hashbrowns were also top notch but they cool down quick as Javier mentioned...so eat 'em up!  I also ordered 3 of the french toast sticks and they were a bit too crunchy (maybe a solid 1/4 inch of fried crunch surrounding the bread) for my taste, though the strawberries certainly helped the balance.

I'm sure they do a good job of serving things that can be eaten on the street...I'm not sure you'll have a problem with "a veggie omelet that's ejaculating diced plants" and I don't think I'd want that anywhere, be a truck or restaurant 

They've got some unique ideas...I have a lot of hope and respect for these guys.
    SuperSoCal6787
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 13
    Re:Buttermilk - Breakfast Truck in LA 2009/11/19 14:30:34 (permalink)
    Oh my, I'm going to have to track them down. I could eat breakfast for every meal of the day. What a great find, EatingTheRoad!
    EatingTheRoad
    Re:Buttermilk - Breakfast Truck in LA 2009/11/19 18:05:56 (permalink)
    SuperSoCal6787, yes, please do! I would love to have a first hand account of them. Take pictures too!
    billyboy
    • Total Posts : 2392
    Re:Buttermilk - Breakfast Truck in LA 2009/11/19 18:37:20 (permalink)
    ETR, I'd be all over that!!  We have lots of breakfast carts, but I'm not sure if we have ant breakfast trucks in NYC.  Maybe a concept whose time should come to the Big Apple!  Egg and cheese on a hard roll is what gets me going some mornings.  Now that I work  in NJ, I've been introduced wonder meat known as Taylor Ham (aka pork roll).  Good stuff!
    EatingTheRoad
    Re:Buttermilk - Breakfast Truck in LA 2009/11/19 19:44:50 (permalink)
    Billyboy, I found a couple but nothing like Buttermilk:

Wafels & Dinges
    Le Gamin

Looks like you'll still have to go to McDonald's for a breakfast sandwich (sorry, I love the Egg McMuffin and McGriddles)

Have you had any Italian Hog Dog's in Jersey?

Did you see this artist (John Tebeau)  mentioned by Michael Stern? He's doing 30 paintings in November on food items and he did a Taylor Ham one:

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1