COLLEGE FOOTBALL - 2014 - 2015

Author
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10072
2014/06/19 19:30:44 (permalink)

COLLEGE FOOTBALL - 2014 - 2015

It's that time of year again! America's Greatest Sport gets ready to roll, (NO, not Roll Tide).
It'll be interesting to see how the new playoff system turns out.
How will storied programs with new era coaches do? - TX & PSU, USC for example.
On a sad note: There's a possibility that Grambling will be dropped from the Bayou Classic! Forget the Game. What would the Classic be without "The Battle of the Bands"! 
Will Kiffin destroy 'Bama like he did Tennessee & USC? Stay tuned folks!
Will FSU's QB stay out of jail long enough to have another shot at the Heisman? News at 11!
Who'll get fired mid-season? Could it happen in Michigan?
Will players get paid for their swag sales?
Union or no union?
It's going to be another exciting Season.
Your thoughts???????

2 Replies Related Threads

tmiles
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1961
    Re:COLLEGE FOOTBALL - 2014 - 2015 2014/06/19 20:22:25 (permalink)
    I'm a Boston College fan. At OCS our platoon commander was a BC man, and when we screwed up, we had to do pushups while screaming' "Eagles fly higher". It didn't bother me, even though I had to do more pushups than most of the other candidates. The other guys hated it, because most of them were from Texas A&M.

BC, if they have a good season, will be due to a superior work ethic and good coaching, because the best high school seniors seem to be going to southern schools. Same problem at Syracuse.

I noted on the list of the top 100, a very high percentage were going to college in their home state, and northern high schools don't get many onto that top 100 list.

A union is a bad idea, at least IMO. Free tuition and fees, after "normal" graduation, though, would be fair. BC does a good job graduating players, but not so much at some of the other schools. The men who give it all, but don't get NFL contracts, should not go out with the trash. Get them graduated, even if it is a year or two late.

Should players get paid for autographs, and an appearance fee at alumni gatherings? Why not? When a jersey is sold with their name on it??? Why not.  
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10072
    Re:COLLEGE FOOTBALL - 2014 - 2015 2014/07/02 22:48:35 (permalink)
    Who will be the first College Coach to be fired once the season starts?
    My Guess? Charlie Weis, Kansas.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1