The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

COST TO OPEN A HAMBURGER STAND

RouxWoman

• Total Posts: 3
COST TO OPEN A HAMBURGER STAND Sat, 11/19/05 7:40 PM (permalink)
Hello to all!

My daughter has mentioned opening a hamburger type stand and sell other items as well. She would like an average place that may have room for outdoor seating to place tables and chairs, however most business would be take out.

Can someone give me an estimate (ballpark) of what cost may be involved, insurance, space needed, rents, etc.

I appreciate any help you may give.

Thanks!

Adjudicator

• Total Posts: 5057
    RE: COST TO OPEN A HAMBURGER STAND Sat, 11/19/05 7:57 PM (permalink)
    Did you forget to mention if your daughter in fact has any restaurant managment experience

jeepguy

• Total Posts: 1555
      RE: COST TO OPEN A HAMBURGER STAND Sat, 11/19/05 9:05 PM (permalink)
      Get a McDonald's franchise. You and your daughter will make a fortune, after laying down about 500- 750k for the business.

UncleVic

• Total Posts: 6025
        • Roadfood Insider
        RE: COST TO OPEN A HAMBURGER STAND Sun, 11/20/05 1:54 AM (permalink)
        quote:
        Originally posted by RouxWoman

Hello to all!

My daughter has mentioned opening a hamburger type stand and sell other items as well. She would like an average place that may have room for outdoor seating to place tables and chairs, however most business would be take out.

Can someone give me an estimate (ballpark) of what cost may be involved, insurance, space needed, rents, etc.

I appreciate any help you may give.

Thanks!

Costs vary so much by location that this is a hard one to guess at. Also going with new or used equipment is another factor..
        Maybe try contacting the SBA or SCORE in your area for more detailed numbers.. Good Luck!

Sundancer7

RE: COST TO OPEN A HAMBURGER STAND Sun, 11/20/05 6:34 AM (permalink)
          Roux Woman: I suggest you post this on the Professional Restaurant forum and I am sure that you will get a much better response. There the cost of running that type of establishments and other similar ones are frequently discussed.

Welcome

Paul E. Smith
          Knoxville, TN

RouxWoman

• Total Posts: 3
            RE: COST TO OPEN A HAMBURGER STAND Sun, 11/20/05 2:58 PM (permalink)
            My sincere thanks to you all!
            No, we (she) has no experience with a hamburger stand, however we do have food service experience. We operate a business where we cook food and deliver to offices, parties, brunch, luncheons. And, we have had fairly good success with my home-made pound cakes, and others cakes. We have lot's of business for side dishes. Company picnics are our big business in the spring through summer months because of my Creole Potato salad, and macaroni & cheese. We can't prepare or sell enough of it.
            Thanks for you time

LargeMarge

• Total Posts: 5
              RE: COST TO OPEN A HAMBURGER STAND Sun, 11/20/05 3:14 PM (permalink)
              How old is your daughter? Is she good with finances? For first timeer's in the business it's best if you can get a pre-existing restaurant. Something that has at least a hood/fire system for the ventilation...that would save you about $10,000 for starters and that the plumbing you need is installed already. That would save you another 10 to 15 thousand dollars. You have to make sure the building is up to code. I suggest whatever city or town you are in go online to the health department and see what their requirments are. Then go talk to the building and fire department to see what they require. Set aside a budget of at least 50 thousand to start even with a pre-existing place. If you have any questions feel free to email me.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                • No New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                • Locked w/ New Messages
                • Locked w/o New Messages
                • Read Message
                • Post New Thread
                • Reply to message
                • Post New Poll
                • Submit Vote
                • Post reward post
                • Delete my own posts
                • Delete my own threads
                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com