COST TO OPEN A HAMBURGER STAND

Author
RouxWoman
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
2005/11/19 19:40:40 (permalink)

COST TO OPEN A HAMBURGER STAND

Hello to all!

My daughter has mentioned opening a hamburger type stand and sell other items as well. She would like an average place that may have room for outdoor seating to place tables and chairs, however most business would be take out.

Can someone give me an estimate (ballpark) of what cost may be involved, insurance, space needed, rents, etc.

I appreciate any help you may give.

Thanks!

6 Replies Related Threads

Adjudicator
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5065
    RE: COST TO OPEN A HAMBURGER STAND 2005/11/19 19:57:21 (permalink)
    Did you forget to mention if your daughter in fact has any restaurant managment experience
    jeepguy
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1555
    RE: COST TO OPEN A HAMBURGER STAND 2005/11/19 21:05:39 (permalink)
    Get a McDonald's franchise. You and your daughter will make a fortune, after laying down about 500- 750k for the business.
    UncleVic
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6025
    RE: COST TO OPEN A HAMBURGER STAND 2005/11/20 01:54:44 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by RouxWoman

Hello to all!

My daughter has mentioned opening a hamburger type stand and sell other items as well. She would like an average place that may have room for outdoor seating to place tables and chairs, however most business would be take out.

Can someone give me an estimate (ballpark) of what cost may be involved, insurance, space needed, rents, etc.

I appreciate any help you may give.

Thanks!

Costs vary so much by location that this is a hard one to guess at. Also going with new or used equipment is another factor..
    Maybe try contacting the SBA or SCORE in your area for more detailed numbers.. Good Luck!
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13480
    RE: COST TO OPEN A HAMBURGER STAND 2005/11/20 06:34:20 (permalink)
    Roux Woman: I suggest you post this on the Professional Restaurant forum and I am sure that you will get a much better response. There the cost of running that type of establishments and other similar ones are frequently discussed.

Welcome

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    RouxWoman
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 3
    RE: COST TO OPEN A HAMBURGER STAND 2005/11/20 14:58:03 (permalink)
    My sincere thanks to you all!
    No, we (she) has no experience with a hamburger stand, however we do have food service experience. We operate a business where we cook food and deliver to offices, parties, brunch, luncheons. And, we have had fairly good success with my home-made pound cakes, and others cakes. We have lot's of business for side dishes. Company picnics are our big business in the spring through summer months because of my Creole Potato salad, and macaroni & cheese. We can't prepare or sell enough of it.
    Thanks for you time
    LargeMarge
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 5
    RE: COST TO OPEN A HAMBURGER STAND 2005/11/20 15:14:00 (permalink)
    How old is your daughter? Is she good with finances? For first timeer's in the business it's best if you can get a pre-existing restaurant. Something that has at least a hood/fire system for the ventilation...that would save you about $10,000 for starters and that the plumbing you need is installed already. That would save you another 10 to 15 thousand dollars. You have to make sure the building is up to code. I suggest whatever city or town you are in go online to the health department and see what their requirments are. Then go talk to the building and fire department to see what they require. Set aside a budget of at least 50 thousand to start even with a pre-existing place. If you have any questions feel free to email me.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1