California (Northern) & Reno

Author
BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 717
2011/06/27 16:36:11 (permalink)

California (Northern) & Reno

What back road places have YOU been to...???

I wish I kept a log on past travels...I've been to places I can't remember the names of, and will go again...

The Mother Lode is peppered with small eateries and traditional medium sized restaurants, such as Doc's Texas BBQ near Coursegold in the very southern end of the Motherlode...

meanwhile, I think I'll start up a log book when I'm on the road...

Info about BBQ & Chili contests is also welcome here...

If it was yummy for your tummy don't be a dummy and keep it to yourself...

2 Replies Related Threads

Davydd
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6324
    Re:California (Northern) & Reno 2011/06/27 17:32:51 (permalink)
    We travel almost nothing but back roads in our Class B RV camper van. So far in 6 years we have logged 70,000 miles. On our recent 5-1/2 week trip to the Southwest (from Minnesota), 94% of the miles were on back roads. Rarely did we drive on an interstate except when there were no viable options. We logged over 3,000 miles just in the state of Arizona. So far this year we did our southwestern trip, an upper midwest trip and tomorrow we start an eastern trip to Washington DC. This fall we will do a Texas and southeastern trip to Florida. Two years ago we traveled through northern California.

Here is a map of Arizona highlighted in yellow the roads we traveled this past spring.

BackRhodes
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 717
    Re:California (Northern) & Reno 2011/08/28 06:13:59 (permalink)
    Good report Davy...

Lots to see in Arizona...and a Class B van type RV can get into more tight places when searching for a campground...

I like your map...

I've done the same thing with an orange highlighter pen on a AAA map of the West...and if I get an itch to travel I'll look on the map and see what road I've not traveled yet...and even though I'm a native of California and have driven a vast number of roads in my state, there are still some I've not been on yet...

I saw a tv segment about a place in Seiad, a small mountain community on Calif Hwy 96 in Siskiyou County, that serves up humongous pancakes...
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1