Can Anyone Identify The Mixers Used On Master Chef ?

Author
DawnT
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1286
2013/06/06 23:45:04 (permalink)

Can Anyone Identify The Mixers Used On Master Chef ?

I've been watching some of the recent episodes and noticed the mixers have a first look appearance as retro Hobart bullet Kitchen Aid's, but apparently they are not, at least nothing in retail production.

I don't have a HD tv, but I can make out that they are pivot head units with a handle on the front of the head. All KA's have the accessory shaft hidden behind a logo'd flap in the same place. I've yet to see any perspecitive where the controls are visible or any manufacture name. They are definitely not Kenwood or Cuisanart type based architecture. Doing a search on them, I noticed that others must be searching too as Google's auto complete lists a few search suggestions asking the same question. Image searchs show Breville having a mixer that has a handle on the front of the head, although the unit is definitely not the retro bullet look of the ones on the show.

While it's possible they have mixer housings made for the show not to endorse any particular brand, it's not probable as many other items are logo'd with manufactuer's names. I've noticed during the past few years that cooking shows have increasingly stopped using KA as a sponsor and their appliances. I can't tell for sure, but these mixers appear to have the same planetary movement like KA/Hobart.

3 Replies Related Threads

Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18255
    Re:Can Anyone Identify The Mixers Used On Master Chef ? 2013/06/07 09:50:17 (permalink)
    This?

http://www.ezihomewares.com.au/products/Sunbeam-Cafe-Series-Mixmaster-MX8900.html
    post edited by Michael Hoffman - 2013/06/07 09:54:12
    DawnT
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1286
    Re:Can Anyone Identify The Mixers Used On Master Chef ? 2013/06/07 11:39:28 (permalink)
    Not in the episodes that I watched Michael. These have rounded, bullet-type retro heads like a Kitchen Aid, but have a "u" shapped handle on the front of the head. They appear to be either gray or a matt silver. It's hard to tell under the studio lights.

Thanks for contributing anyways.
    dwt
    CCinNJ
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7778
    Re:Can Anyone Identify The Mixers Used On Master Chef ? 2013/06/07 13:06:41 (permalink)
    I never watched the show but DeLonghi has sponsor/credit for the Master Chef Australia series. I don't know how close one version is to the other as far as "franchise" sponsorships.

Reading the credits...would probably provide the answer...or at least a good clue for direction.

If they use it...a company provides it...and will make sure they are credited for it.
    post edited by CCinNJ - 2013/06/07 13:10:13
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1