~ Can the owners of every closed restaurant ...

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
starfire62
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 239
Re:Can the owners of every closed restaurant ... 2012/07/28 22:20:40 (permalink)
it happened again,in fall river,ma  at almacs diner.owner says bad economy.but i was there on 1/14 and was totally disgusted.my breakfast was so skimpy .used to order chourish and eggs and get a whole stick cut in half.now i got a half stick and it was quartered.wife had chourish western omelette sand and was runny.bathrooms were dirty ,vanity door was falling off.the dining area looked liked it wasnt sweept in a few days.i think everything caught up with them.not the economy.
bob1008
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 16
Re:Can the owners of every closed restaurant ... 2012/07/29 12:08:07 (permalink)
So Starfire62.  I agree with everything that you mentioned about Almacs. But do you think new ownership can bring back a place like Almacs that is that far gone? Their menu was huge, and I think that presents a problem for a lot of small restaurants. You just can't do that many items real well. Suppose new owners came in and cleaned the place up, put in new bathrooms, and cut the menu down to just a few really good selling items. Breakfast and lunch only.
Think they could make it ?
starfire62
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 239
Re:Can the owners of every closed restaurant ... 2012/07/29 13:50:12 (permalink)
thats a tough ?  bob.i would go back and give them 1 more shot and see how they do.i think fall river needs a 24 hr   food joint.here in buffalo we have many.i agree cut down on menu and do some nice dinner specials.people will pay good money for decent food and service.look at the liberal club its always packed.i think almacs lost their way.i can't remember if last time i ate there they were still cooking near the counter.do you remember the rockland diner?
carolina bob
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3420
Re:Can the owners of every closed restaurant ... 2012/08/15 00:52:57 (permalink)
A really great restaurant, where management knows what they're doing and cares about its customers, can sometimes entice its loyal followers to do some crazy things. Earlier this month, I drove a 700-mile round trip from Batesville ( southeastern Indiana ) to Bluff City TN just to have lunch at the Ridgewood, one of my favorite eateries on the planet. Left home at 5 AM EST, had a terrific lunch around 1:30, and got home after midnight. That's a lot of gas and driving for a meal, but that's how much I love the BBQ sandwiches there.  Wouldn't do it again, though ( at least not at almost $4.00 a gallon )...   
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1