Candy Stores?

Author
god2bar
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
2004/01/12 17:13:48 (permalink)

Candy Stores?

I was just wondering if there was any good candy stores to buy from online. I'm looking for all kinds of candy like the stuff you would find at 7-11 or the food mart. There has to be places to buy that are cheaper than 7-11. Please let me know if anybody has any secert buying places on the web. I'll do some lookin myself and let you guys know what i find.

G2B

6 Replies Related Threads

signman
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1743
    RE: Candy Stores? 2004/01/13 03:29:49 (permalink)
    Look around the Food Network site. They've done a piece on a place that ships all the candies you remember from your childhood. All of them that still exist and many you never even knew existed. Name escapes me now. There has been a thread on this board too about forgotten childhood favorite candies. The name and website of the place I'm thinking of is probably there somewhere. I'll try to find it for you.
    signman
    • Total Posts : 1743
    RE: Candy Stores? 2004/01/13 03:42:27 (permalink)
    Ok, from the Favorite Candy Bar thread, try www.nostalgicandy.com or www.oldtimecandy.com. Also look for the website of Economy Candy in NYC. www.econamycandy.com or www.candydirect.com

Sam's Club is probably your best bet for popular candy bars at the best prices.
    Chumley
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 182
    RE: Candy Stores? 2004/01/13 10:28:01 (permalink)
    I'll second the nomination for http://www.economycandy.com They are a real brick & mortar family-owned business that has been around for generations and they have a staggering selection in their store. It's a fun place to visit if you're ever in NYC.

If you like chocolate, pay a visit to http://www.chocosphere.com They have an amazing selection of chocolate bars from all over the world.
    Chumley
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 182
    RE: Candy Stores? 2004/01/16 09:27:07 (permalink)
    Hi Monk and god2bar! Welcome to Roadfood. I hope you two enjoy the time you spend here. Monk, you can edit any message you post without having to post a new message. Simply find the message you want to change and click on the icon above the message that has the pencil on it.

Me, I'm alway messing up URLs when I type them so I discovered this one quickly!

Best regards,

Chumley
    i95
    • Total Posts : 2500
    RE: Candy Stores? 2004/01/16 09:44:19 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by signman

Ok, from the Favorite Candy Bar thread, try www.nostalgicandy.com or www.oldtimecandy.com. Also look for the website of Economy Candy in NYC. www.econamycandy.com or www.candydirect.com

Sam's Club is probably your best bet for popular candy bars at the best prices.

quote:
    Originally posted by Chumley

I'll second the nomination for http://www.economycandy.com They are a real brick & mortar family-owned business that has been around for generations and they have a staggering selection in their store. It's a fun place to visit if you're ever in NYC.

If you like chocolate, pay a visit to http://www.chocosphere.com They have an amazing selection of chocolate bars from all over the world.

I'll "third" the nomination for Manhattan's East Side Economy Candy, god2bar. I was just there two months ago and the place is awesome. Although, it just about took the rarely used "penalty of death" to extricate the kids out of there. (BTW, Economy Candy is less than a two block walk from the even more famous Katz's Deli if you're ever in that neck of the woods. FYI.)
    i95
    • Total Posts : 2500
    RE: Candy Stores? 2004/01/16 20:51:13 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by clothier

HEY I-95!

When do you use the penalty of death threat? Is there some sort of rule governing it's usage? If I use it incorrectly, can my kids sue me for mis-use of parental threats? ( I think I read that in the "Big Book of Torts" while I was in a lawyer's office).

Glad you asked, clothier:

When they tempt fate by eating in Dad's car.
    When they tempt fate by drinking in Dad's car.
    And when they tempt fate by over-consuming the oxygen in Dad's car.

(Doing any of these in Mom's car is perfectly OK, though, if not outright encouraged [by Dad].)
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1