The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Can't find a comm kitchen for my catering!!

CHEFTRACY40

• Total Posts: 6
Can't find a comm kitchen for my catering!! Fri, 04/25/08 10:03 PM (permalink)
UGHHH!! It's getting close to impossible to finding a commercial kitchen here in Atlanta for my catering business that I just started!!! I went to see a church kitchen today but they only had the usual equipment (dishwasher, electrical stove, small oven, fridge)...I need a commercial kitchen! I am so ready, yet so frustrated because I can't find anything. So, tomorrow, I will calling every restaurant in my area to see if I can use their facility...that's the only thing I can think of right now.

laytonj1

• Total Posts: 82
    RE: Can't find a comm kitchen for my catering!! Sat, 04/26/08 4:28 PM (permalink)
    I am in the process of starting a business and was running into the same problem.

I finally contacted the lady who catered my wedding five years ago and she is going to allow me to rent out space in her commercial kitchen on a per/hour basis. She's giving me a key with full access to her equipment, walk-ins, etc. I also found another local caterer that was also willing to rent out some space, but it was more expensive so I went with the first option.

You may want to try going the same route or scouring CraigsList.com for something.

Good luck

CHEFTRACY40

• Total Posts: 6
      RE: Can't find a comm kitchen for my catering!! Sat, 04/26/08 5:27 PM (permalink)
      quote:
      Originally posted by laytonj1

I am in the process of starting a business and was running into the same problem.

I finally contacted the lady who catered my wedding five years ago and she is going to allow me to rent out space in her commercial kitchen on a per/hour basis. She's giving me a key with full access to her equipment, walk-ins, etc. I also found another local caterer that was also willing to rent out some space, but it was more expensive so I went with the first option.

You may want to try going the same route or scouring CraigsList.com for something.

Good luck

Wow! That's a good deal! Good Luck! It's hard to find something in Paulding/Cobb County!

Melvinxx

• Total Posts: 2
        RE: Can't find a comm kitchen for my catering!! Wed, 12/21/11 10:44 PM (permalink)
        Hello Chef Tracy, I live in the same county as you and was wondering if you were successful in finding a way to get your catering business going. I am looking for someone to team with and share costs in a building that I can run my mobile unit out of but I do BBQ. Let me know if this intrests you and let me know from your experience in the area if there is a way around this.

chefbuba

• Total Posts: 1951
          RE: Can't find a comm kitchen for my catering!! Thu, 12/22/11 10:35 PM (permalink)
          Uhhhhhh.....The OP has not posted here in 3 1/2 years.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com