Can't find a comm kitchen for my catering!!

Author
CHEFTRACY40
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 6
2008/04/25 22:03:01 (permalink)

Can't find a comm kitchen for my catering!!

UGHHH!! It's getting close to impossible to finding a commercial kitchen here in Atlanta for my catering business that I just started!!! I went to see a church kitchen today but they only had the usual equipment (dishwasher, electrical stove, small oven, fridge)...I need a commercial kitchen! I am so ready, yet so frustrated because I can't find anything. So, tomorrow, I will calling every restaurant in my area to see if I can use their facility...that's the only thing I can think of right now.

4 Replies Related Threads

laytonj1
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 82
    RE: Can't find a comm kitchen for my catering!! 2008/04/26 16:28:36 (permalink)
    I am in the process of starting a business and was running into the same problem.

I finally contacted the lady who catered my wedding five years ago and she is going to allow me to rent out space in her commercial kitchen on a per/hour basis. She's giving me a key with full access to her equipment, walk-ins, etc. I also found another local caterer that was also willing to rent out some space, but it was more expensive so I went with the first option.

You may want to try going the same route or scouring CraigsList.com for something.

Good luck
    CHEFTRACY40
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 6
    RE: Can't find a comm kitchen for my catering!! 2008/04/26 17:27:47 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by laytonj1

I am in the process of starting a business and was running into the same problem.

I finally contacted the lady who catered my wedding five years ago and she is going to allow me to rent out space in her commercial kitchen on a per/hour basis. She's giving me a key with full access to her equipment, walk-ins, etc. I also found another local caterer that was also willing to rent out some space, but it was more expensive so I went with the first option.

You may want to try going the same route or scouring CraigsList.com for something.

Good luck

Wow! That's a good deal! Good Luck! It's hard to find something in Paulding/Cobb County!
    Melvinxx
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: Can't find a comm kitchen for my catering!! 2011/12/21 22:44:58 (permalink)
    Hello Chef Tracy, I live in the same county as you and was wondering if you were successful in finding a way to get your catering business going. I am looking for someone to team with and share costs in a building that I can run my mobile unit out of but I do BBQ. Let me know if this intrests you and let me know from your experience in the area if there is a way around this.
    chefbuba
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2018
    RE: Can't find a comm kitchen for my catering!! 2011/12/22 22:35:10 (permalink)
    Uhhhhhh.....The OP has not posted here in 3 1/2 years.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1