Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Can't get good scrambled eggs

Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 61 to 63 of 63
BunglingBill

• Total Posts: 218
RE: Can't get good scrambled eggs Sat, 03/17/07 2:35 PM (permalink)
I disagree that ANY liquid should be added to eggs that are to be scrambled (assuming that they are FRESH, good quality eggs). In my experience, adding liquid to the eggs will produce eggs "with liquid" . . . that is, runny scrambled eggs.

In our house we use a 50-year-old (?), well-seasoned, 8-inch Wagner's cast iron skillet (which is ONLY used for cooking eggs) to scramble eggs.

We whip the eggs with a fork . . . NO blender, eggbeater, or other mechanical gadget.

We heat the skillet to a medium heat, then lower the temperature a bit. Pour in the eggs, stir with a wooden spoon cooking gently until light and fluffy.

Man, them's good eggs!

Wandering Chew

• Total Posts: 121
    RE: Can't get good scrambled eggs Sat, 03/17/07 2:51 PM (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by BunglingBill

I disagree that ANY liquid should be added to eggs that are to be scrambled (assuming that they are FRESH, good quality eggs). In my experience, adding liquid to the eggs will produce eggs "with liquid" . . . that is, runny scrambled eggs.

In our house we use a 50-year-old (?), well-seasoned, 8-inch Wagner's cast iron skillet (which is ONLY used for cooking eggs) to scramble eggs.

We whip the eggs with a fork . . . NO blender, eggbeater, or other mechanical gadget.

We heat the skillet to a medium heat, then lower the temperature a bit. Pour in the eggs, stir with a wooden spoon cooking gently until light and fluffy.

Man, them's good eggs!

Bill, youve now challenged me- in practice i dont always add water -its orig recipe per Julia Childs that i was relating and have followed-point is that i do with and without water -no rhyme or reason-and will next time i make eggs do both and compare-my own empirical eggxperiment.Will report back in true scientific method.

BunglingBill

• Total Posts: 218
      RE: Can't get good scrambled eggs Sat, 03/17/07 3:00 PM (permalink)
      Hey, Chew, thank you for accepting the challenge!

I will look forward to your report.

Oh, and by the way, I LOVED (vicariously, of course) Julia Child. Would you believe that I have even had erotic dreams about this wonderful woman?

YUP! Julie could have cooked for me any time. I miss her . . . REALLY miss her!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
        Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 61 to 63 of 63

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com