Cape Cod Trip Report - 6/07

Author
aleswench
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 686
2007/07/24 19:31:09 (permalink)

Cape Cod Trip Report - 6/07

We've been back about a month, but it's all still fresh in my mind. We almost couldn't go this year - Mardi, our dog, had what we thought was a bladder infection and a week 1/2 before our vacation she got diagnosed with this life threatening condition called pyometra. Emergency surgery and $2 grand later she's fine. But we didn't know if she'd recover enough to be kenneled (more like "doggie spa'd", really). She came through like a trooper and all was fine. Thank heavens.

Anyway, I'm going to do a the beginning of the trip first and try to put up three pictures. If they don't load, I don't want to waste the time loading all of them up to Photobucket. So here's a short start.

We left Saturday morning and headed up to Pepe's Pizza for the elusive clam pie. We usually leave that Friday night with a stop over in Mystic, and by the time we get to New Haven they are out of them. I have to admit I was a bit skeptical about this clam pie - seafood on pizza?? So we ordered a regular cheese too. Well, let me tell you - everything you hear here about the clam pie is true - it is incredible. Awesome, delicious, fabulous. Go there. Get it. It's not very far off of I-95. Worth the side trip and worth any wait to get in to have it. The cheese pie was wonderful as well - Brick oven delicious.

The sign (duh), the clam pie, and the cheese pie. Ok..the test..let's see if they post correctly....

4 Replies Related Threads

aleswench
    Double Cheeseburger
    RE: Cape Cod Trip Report - 6/07 2007/07/24 19:49:46 (permalink)
    Ok, that didn't work - and after further investigation on the forums, it looks like you have to be an Insider. I was, but switched banks and the renewal didn't go through, so I think I'll wait until I re-join. We took alot of pictures so we could share them.

I will say now though, for anyone that is going to the Cape, two new places stood out worth mentioning now. One was The Wooden Shoe in Dennis Port can't be beat for friendliness, great reasonable lobster, reasonable (cheap even) drink prices and a delicious different version of chowdah. We went there three times in a week. (It was in walking distance from our condo and one time was only drinks - that's why it was important to be in walking distance ) They have a very limited menu, but what they do, they do right. It is family friendly too. Highly recommended.

Second, was our find in West Yarmouth - Timmy's Roast Beef. Little tiny place on Route 28 that reeks of Roadfood. We had seen it last year, but had just finished eating somewhere else. This year we stopped, and were very happy we did - the roast beef sandwich was fabulous. Pillowy soft beef, so tender and mouth watering. Bob had his with Horseradish, I had mine with BBQ sauce. Definitely a regular stop on the itinerary from now on. Also highly recommended.

Ok - so for now, I'll wait so I can do the photos - I'm assuming the Insider status will take effect in a day or two, so I'll continue then.

Good to be back here - miss everyone! Sue
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15304
    RE: Cape Cod Trip Report - 6/07 2007/07/24 20:20:58 (permalink)
    Sue
    Some folks do post their photos from various photo service websites. I did that a couple of times several years ago and don't remember the steps to take. maybe Ellen can help she does this quite well now ! Email her and see if she can help!
    AL
    aleswench
    Double Cheeseburger
    RE: Cape Cod Trip Report - 6/07 2007/07/24 20:33:04 (permalink)
    Thank you Mr. Mayor - I'll do that! But really, I don't mind paying my dues - this site is worth much more that 20 bucks to me! I was just psyched about getting it all up tonight. Now I have something to look forward to
    ellen4641
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3531
    RE: Cape Cod Trip Report - 6/07 2007/07/24 23:14:23 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Al-The Mayor-Bowen

Sue
    Some folks do post their photos from various photo service websites. I did that a couple of times several years ago and don't remember the steps to take. maybe Ellen can help she does this quite well now ! Email her and see if she can help!
    AL

thanks Al, I was taught by the best !!!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1