Carlisle, PA .. Weekend trip.. Any Road food tips?

Author
Wabbit
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 477
2012/05/25 22:30:45 (permalink)

Carlisle, PA .. Weekend trip.. Any Road food tips?

I will be going there soon for a long weekend. I know Gingerbread Man is a nice place for a adult beverage. But it has been a while from last visit. Looking for Breakfast, and any Road food worthy places. Thank you for the help. Wabbit

3 Replies Related Threads

starfire62
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 228
    Re:Carlisle, PA .. Weekend trip.. Any Road food tips? 2012/05/26 14:28:00 (permalink)
    i ve been going to spring carlisle for yrs and we find that this isn't a great area for food.we usually go to lauras for breakfast.
    Wabbit
    Cheeseburger
    Re:Carlisle, PA .. Weekend trip.. Any Road food tips? 2012/05/26 15:36:33 (permalink)
    Thanks for the tip about  Lauras,

Wabbit
    Cheeseburger
    Re:Carlisle, PA .. Weekend trip.. Any Road food tips? 2012/06/15 00:50:49 (permalink)
    Per Tj Jackson's report on the Middlesex Diner we had dinner there. It was surperb. I ordered the Catfish, Cajun style.. sounds odd but it was very good. The slaw was made in house. He ordered Slippery pot pie. It is Chicken pot pie, but the top is covered in square shaped noodles. He was in heaven. They also had Chicken corn soup and I thought I saw a tiny tear in his eye from pure joy! The pickled beets tasted made in house and were very good. We both had salads and Iced tea. Check was $21 and change..What a great deal. The Sunnyside had a great breakfast, they are just down the street from The Middlesex. And no trip to Carlisle can be called complete with out a trip or two for a evening adult beverage at The Gingerbread man or as the locals call it, The G-Man.  Its located downtown as Carlisle isnt that big its worth the trip. The unique mix of marble, stained glass, old wood.. it just works. From law school students to senior citizens. After a beverage all is well in the universe. The staff at all of the above mentioned  were very friendly and showed pride in there craft. Will try a few other places next trip. Corvette show is in August after all..
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1