The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Carlisle, PA .. Weekend trip.. Any Road food tips?

Wabbit

• Total Posts: 477
Carlisle, PA .. Weekend trip.. Any Road food tips? Fri, 05/25/12 10:30 PM (permalink)
I will be going there soon for a long weekend. I know Gingerbread Man is a nice place for a adult beverage. But it has been a while from last visit. Looking for Breakfast, and any Road food worthy places. Thank you for the help. Wabbit

starfire62

• Total Posts: 220
    Re:Carlisle, PA .. Weekend trip.. Any Road food tips? Sat, 05/26/12 2:28 PM (permalink)
    i ve been going to spring carlisle for yrs and we find that this isn't a great area for food.we usually go to lauras for breakfast.

Wabbit

Re:Carlisle, PA .. Weekend trip.. Any Road food tips? Sat, 05/26/12 3:36 PM (permalink)
      Thanks for the tip about  Lauras,

Wabbit

Re:Carlisle, PA .. Weekend trip.. Any Road food tips? Fri, 06/15/12 12:50 AM (permalink)
        Per Tj Jackson's report on the Middlesex Diner we had dinner there. It was surperb. I ordered the Catfish, Cajun style.. sounds odd but it was very good. The slaw was made in house. He ordered Slippery pot pie. It is Chicken pot pie, but the top is covered in square shaped noodles. He was in heaven. They also had Chicken corn soup and I thought I saw a tiny tear in his eye from pure joy! The pickled beets tasted made in house and were very good. We both had salads and Iced tea. Check was $21 and change..What a great deal. The Sunnyside had a great breakfast, they are just down the street from The Middlesex. And no trip to Carlisle can be called complete with out a trip or two for a evening adult beverage at The Gingerbread man or as the locals call it, The G-Man.  Its located downtown as Carlisle isnt that big its worth the trip. The unique mix of marble, stained glass, old wood.. it just works. From law school students to senior citizens. After a beverage all is well in the universe. The staff at all of the above mentioned  were very friendly and showed pride in there craft. Will try a few other places next trip. Corvette show is in August after all..

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com