Carrabba's Italian Grill

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
jmckee
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1193
RE: Carrabba's Italian Grill 2007/05/07 12:22:10 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by stricken_detective

Never heard of them.

Is their food salty? As much sodium as the Olive Garden?

And do they have any choices for those who can't eat meat anymore?

I find the Olive Garden inedible because of the salt content.

And because the food is kind of, ummmm, overblown and nasty.

I've heard a lot about Carrabba's. The guy who owns the company I work for used to be a Macaroni Grill customer until he tried Carrabba's. He loves the place. I'll have to check them out.
porkbeaks
  • Total Posts : 2217
RE: Carrabba's Italian Grill 2007/05/07 14:03:16 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

quote:
Originally posted by aprils0909

The mezzaluna is out of this world! Oh baby! The bread and oil/spices is delish. Can't go wrong, even if it's a chain!!!!!

You liked their chopping knives? Which did you prefer, the single-blae or the double-blade.

From their menu - Mezzaluna - Delicate half moon ravioli stuffed with chicken, ricotta and spinach in a tomato cream sauce $10.49

Sheesh. btw, what's a blae?

Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 13549
RE: Carrabba's Italian Grill 2007/05/08 18:14:29 (permalink)
I sincerely enjoy Carrabba's. I have had several events there and the service/food/ambience was always very good.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
holdem
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 415
RE: Carrabba's Italian Grill 2008/01/18 19:13:56 (permalink)
Just ate at the one in Kissimmee Florida. It was very good. I had the Italian salad ( I think it is better than the house salad). I love the bread with the olive oil and herbs. I had the veal marsala. I really enjoyed the food and service. I like the open kitchen. they have some bar stool seating overlooking the kitchen. I think I may ask for those seats next time I go.
Mosca
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2983
RE: Carrabba's Italian Grill 2008/01/18 20:50:54 (permalink)
I ate at the one in Allentown several times, and I didn't know it was part of a chain until I looked for it on the internet.
Fieldthistle
  • Total Posts : 1948
RE: Carrabba's Italian Grill 2008/01/19 06:00:58 (permalink)
Hello All,
Months ago, I had the pleasure to eat at one with my daughter and her boyfriend
in Williamsburg, Va.
We loved it!!!
It didn't have any feeling of being a chain, and I don't care if it was a chain.
It was just good in my opinion.
Take Care,
Fieldthistle
MiamiDon
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4306
RE: Carrabba's Italian Grill 2008/01/19 07:37:52 (permalink)
Our mussels are rope-grown in Prince Edward Island, Canada. The rope-growing method prevents the mussels from ever touching the ground, producing a clean and meatier mussel.

We make our traditional Italian thin crust pizza dough fresh from scratch every day.

Our mozzarella sticks are made by hand daily in each of our restaurants using only fresh sliced whole milk mozzarella and Mama Mandola's homemade bread crumbs..

In the early days, Johnny Carrabba Sr. made the fennel sausage by hand. Today he hand carries his sausage recipe to our meat company every Monday where he oversees the production. Johnny Sr. is the only person who knows the recipe for our sausage.

Our calamari is fished off the shores of Taiwan and Thailand and our specifications are very strict. We only purchase squid that is 3-5 inches in size because as squid grow larger the meat becomes tougher. Carrabba's is the largest purchaser of squid in the U.S.

All of our salad dressings are handmade in our restaurants using only fresh herbs and spices, extra virgin olive oil and six-year-old aged balsamic vinegar from Modena.

Our traditional Italian minestrone takes a full day of preparation! There are 24 different fresh ingredients. This soup is served the day after it is made so the flavors have had time to meld.

At Carrabba's we offer a variety of fresh fish which our restaurants purchase daily from their local seafood suppliers. Our fish is delivered fresh, never frozen.

Our scallops are harvested off the shores of Canada and are shipped to our restaurants free of any preservatives. The Canadian government protects their scallops by limiting the fisheries to quotas. Once their quotas are met, scallops can no longer be harvested.

Our poultry is free from preservatives and is delivered fresh to our restaurants, never frozen.

Our Fontina cheese is imported from France. It has a very unique flavor profile that's smooth with a soft texture and nutty flavor that's difficult to find.

Carrabba's uses only fresh herbs which are delivered to our restaurants 6 days a week. We use 127 lbs.of fresh basil at each of our restaurants every month.

Our lasagne is made by hand daily in each of our restaurants using only fresh pasta sheets, our homemade meat sauce, freshly grated cheeses and fresh herbs.

The BelGioioso family produces our Italian-style Parmesan and Romano cheese which are made to our specifications. The cheese is delivered to Carrabba's in wheels and is freshly grated at each of our restaurants every day. We use 300 lbs. of fresh Parmesan and 860 lbs. of fresh Romano a month in each of our restaurants.

If the above is true, I think I'd not mind eating there, as the better Italian restaurants in town are on the other end of the county from my home. When I hear "chain", I always think of centrally-produced, frozen food, but maybe not in this case. They don't actually state that the scallops and squid are not frozen, though.
the ancient mariner
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3987
RE: Carrabba's Italian Grill 2008/01/19 08:47:53 (permalink)
Manga ! Manga ! The lovely MaryAnn and I give it two thumbs up.
The ones in Naples and Tampa and Clearwater are 1st rate. A lot
better than neighborhood joints in most cases.
roossy90
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6695
RE: Carrabba's Italian Grill 2008/01/19 19:16:43 (permalink)
Again, I say.. Carrabas, for a chain is very good. I get the same thing all the time..
Picchi Paccu Tagilarini (or something like that).. Pasta dish with fresh marinara, fresh basil and fresh garlic.. I always add a side of meatballs to it.. Their meatballs are extremely good... And always add basalmic vinegar to their fresh herb and oil dish for their bread...
Oh..yum.... (ouch.. did I sound like RR?)
stricken_detective
  • Total Posts : 2346
RE: Carrabba's Italian Grill 2008/01/19 23:44:58 (permalink)
They took their Italian Wedding Cake Martini off the menu--and every time I tried to order it before that, they would steer me into another drink. Whatevs. I found a copycat recipe, hahaha! Love it!

I adore their picchu pacchu. Love. The manager is always very nice every time we go there.
unabashed
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 435
RE: Carrabba's Italian Grill 2008/01/20 01:04:57 (permalink)
I only have 1 ?
are you related to Phil ?
MiamiDon
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4306
RE: Carrabba's Italian Grill 2008/01/20 08:45:38 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by the ancient mariner

Manga ! Manga ! The lovely MaryAnn and I give it two thumbs up.
The ones in Naples and Tampa and Clearwater are 1st rate. A lot
better than neighborhood joints in most cases.

I have had increasingly bad luck with my nearest neighborhood Italian eateries - the closest three have been x'd off my list, which then brings me almost to the closest Carrabba's (in South Miami).

Thanks!
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5504
RE: Carrabba's Italian Grill 2008/01/20 10:50:15 (permalink)
I asked a question on this thread back in 2006;
Does the family still have a say in what's going on???

From the quote Don made it sounds like they do. Anyone know for sure?
JoeJoe
Baah Ben
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3026
RE: Carrabba's Italian Grill 2008/01/21 00:03:17 (permalink)
Here in the Daytona Beach area, it is the best Italian restaurant we have. People who visit from other big cities are very surprised that the food is as good as it is. Normally, there are very few chains that can give you a very good meal..Houston's, JP Alexander's, Cheesecake Factory and a few others come to mind.

I've only had one bad meal in 6 years at the Carrabbas here in Daytona Beach. Their meat sauce is terrific.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1