The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Catfish Sandwich at Fava in Georgetown KY

Robearjr

• Total Posts: 1102
Catfish Sandwich at Fava in Georgetown KY Mon, 09/17/07 5:18 PM (permalink)
I was in Georgetown Kentucky this week, and I had a great catfish sub at the Fava restaurant on main street. The catfish was very sweet with no fishy flavor or dark spots. The batter was well seasoned and had a great crunch. I think the sub with fries and slaw ran about $8, although the fries and slaw aren't really worth mentioning. I think you can get the sandwich for $5 or $6.

The waitress told me the owner/chef won several awards for her catfish, and after trying it I can see why.

Oh, this place also makes homemade pies. I had the coconut, and it was almost as good as the catfish.

boilermaker

• Total Posts: 55
    Re:Catfish Sandwich at Fava in Georgetown KY Tue, 02/2/10 8:47 PM (permalink)
    Time to dredge up another old thread...

I'm in Georgetown KY for the night and decided to try Fava's on the suggestion of the above post. Fava's is a Georgetown tradition dating to 1910. It's open from 6:30 am to 8:30 pm, and is a haunt for locals and Georgetown College students alike. I was teetering between the catfish platter and the hot brown, but decided on the catfish from a suggestion from the server. The strips of catfish were lightly breaded in cornmeal and had a slightly sweet taste. It was melt-in-your-mouth good. With a salad, choice of potato and soda it was $8.99, a nice value for a good sized meal. And they serve Blue Bell ice cream. I didn't realize Blue Bell (a Texas tradition) was distributed this far north. The next time I'm out this way, I'm bringing a large cooler with me to stock up

Fava's Restaurant
    159 E. Main St.
    Georgetown KY
    (502) 863-4383

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
      • No New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
      • Locked w/ New Messages
      • Locked w/o New Messages
      • Read Message
      • Post New Thread
      • Reply to message
      • Post New Poll
      • Submit Vote
      • Post reward post
      • Delete my own posts
      • Delete my own threads
      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com