Cause of Stroke discovered!

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 15213
RE: Cause of Stroke discovered! 2006/01/18 14:29:27 (permalink)

I am not a fan of Pat Robertson...or others who present some of his rather strange views (to me) on the future of the world, and human behavior in general....but I can't help but note how people have responded to his "quirky" (at best) statements with continuing ridicule and scorn, but appear to be willing to accept a quick apology from the Mayor of New Orleans, who made statements every bit as 'odd' and inflamatory as Robertson's. Is this a new version of Affirmative Action? Or perhap's MAYOR'S License?
MacTAC
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 427
RE: Cause of Stroke discovered! 2006/01/18 15:21:15 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Al-The Mayor-Bowen

....but I can't help but note how people have responded to his "quirky" (at best) statements with continuing ridicule and scorn, but appear to be willing to accept a quick apology from the Mayor of New Orleans, who made statements every bit as 'odd' and inflamatory as Robertson's.
I think there is a substantial difference between foolish statements by an incompetent mayor of a small city (who as far as I know, has not called for any assassinations or any of the other bizarre statements of Robertson) and the pronouncements of a spiritual leader of so many. From the CBN network:

Seen in 95 percent of the television markets across the United States, the program is carried on ABC Family Channel cable network, FamilyNet, Trinity Broadcasting Network, and numerous U.S. television stations and is seen daily by approximately one million viewers. WorldReach broadcasts, which include the international editions of The 700 Club, have been viewed in more than 70 foreign languages, can be seen in more than 200 countries, and are accessible throughout the year by more than 1.5 billion people around the world.
The Travelin Man
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3732
RE: Cause of Stroke discovered! 2006/01/18 16:37:43 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Al-The Mayor-Bowen

I am not a fan of Pat Robertson...or others who present some of his rather strange views (to me) on the future of the world, and human behavior in general....but I can't help but note how people have responded to his "quirky" (at best) statements with continuing ridicule and scorn, but appear to be willing to accept a quick apology from the Mayor of New Orleans, who made statements every bit as 'odd' and inflamatory as Robertson's. Is this a new version of Affirmative Action? Or perhap's MAYOR'S License?

I just think that more people saw/heard Pat Robertson's dribble than the knucklehead in New Orleans. I don't think to many people would want to take up the argument that either of these people are the (a) the moral compass by which we should choose to set our standards or (b) anything more than an incompetent crackpot.

Unfortunately, the more outrageous the things they say, the more people will at least hear them. What's the old saying -- no such thing as bad press?

I assure you -- the Mayor of New Orlean's feeble attempt at an apology makes him no more competent or worthy of his post.
The Travelin Man
Filet Mignon
RE: Cause of Stroke discovered! 2006/01/18 17:01:44 (permalink)
Come to think of it...I haven't seen where the Mayor of New Orleans has apologized. The only news accounts I can find are the ones where he is making the statements.

He is just a moron. If New Orleans does come back in any way, it will be despite him -- not because of him.
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 15213
RE: Cause of Stroke discovered! 2006/01/18 17:40:13 (permalink)

Amen
MacTAC
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 427
RE: Cause of Stroke discovered! 2006/01/18 17:40:58 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by stevekoe

Come to think of it...I haven't seen where the Mayor of New Orleans has apologized.
http://tinyurl.com/79ztc
BuddyRoadhouse
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4207
RE: Cause of Stroke discovered! 2006/01/18 17:46:14 (permalink)
Yup, stupid is stupid. Whether it comes from a greedy, apocalyptic right wing preacher or an incompetent, over dramatic left wing mayor. I think the lack of comment in this thread is due to the fact that Mayor Nagin's statements have nothing to do with Ariel Sharon's condition or Pat Robertson's gaffe which were the original themes here (although that's never stopped anyone before). BTW, as long as we're on the subject of Mr. Robertson's big yap, did anyone notice that he did apologize after Israel threatened to ban his $50 million dollar Holy Land theme park? Ah, sincerity at its best.
Extreme Glow
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 717
RE: Cause of Stroke discovered! 2006/01/18 17:53:42 (permalink)
Well, we expect politicians to say stupid things, don't we?
MilwFoodlovers
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3144
RE: Cause of Stroke discovered! 2006/01/18 18:41:37 (permalink)
Mind you I have seen nothing intelligent out of most Louisiana politicians, but Nagin was the a life long conservative Republican and darling of the local power structure. He changed parties not because of any epiphany, but because a Republican could never be elected mayor in the Crescent City. To characterize him a left wing anything is totally incorrect. Dem or Repub, he failed to rise to the occasion.
roossy90
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6695
RE: Cause of Stroke discovered! 2006/01/18 20:31:18 (permalink)
Mayor of N.O. is an ass...
oh, but a Chocolate one, though....
(in his words)
What the hell was he talking about anyway.. Me thinks he had a buzz on to say those things.. Or maybe not..
No matter, his in-actions before Katrina and his semi-lucid statements now, will NOT get him re-elected...
Which is good for the remaining citizens of N.O. Now if the Her highness, the Governor would just step down.....Ho hum...
MilwFoodlovers
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3144
RE: Cause of Stroke discovered! 2006/01/18 20:39:59 (permalink)
Louisiana has a governor?
BuddyRoadhouse
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4207
RE: Cause of Stroke discovered! 2006/01/19 00:09:54 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by MilwFoodlovers

Nagin was a life long conservative Republican and darling of the local power structure. To characterize him a left wing anything is totally incorrect.

I stand corrected, thank you. Of course, for an old lefty like me, that just makes the whole thing even juicier.
The Travelin Man
Filet Mignon
RE: Cause of Stroke discovered! 2006/01/19 09:21:48 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by MacTAC

quote:
Originally posted by stevekoe

Come to think of it...I haven't seen where the Mayor of New Orleans has apologized.
http://tinyurl.com/79ztc

Thanks. I searched yesterday and couldn't find it.
dogmeat
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 113
RE: Cause of Stroke discovered! 2006/03/31 07:08:07 (permalink)
I remember one late night a segment of a "show" that I thought had to be a skit from "Saturday Night Live" where a preacher literally "took out" and "freshed" (?) entire sections of a full stadium and then turned to his band on stage and "knocked" them out also. Turns out it was my first "experience" with The Space Ship Enterprise hairdoo Benny Hinn in 1982.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1