Caution! Precious Photo!

Author
Copperhedzkettle
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 293
2006/05/25 13:24:29 (permalink)

Caution! Precious Photo!

I had to post this!
It is Ashe II's first photo shoot. Registered Dwarf Holland Lop.
Only the second Lavender/gray I have been able to get.

Is this not the personification of innocense & helplessness?

Big Streeeeeeeetcch here.

I love them!
Copper

25 Replies Related Threads

Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13503
    RE: Caution! Precious Photo! 2006/05/25 13:40:34 (permalink)
    Not being a very good animal person, I have to ask? Is it a rabbit? If so, what do you do with them?

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    BT
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3589
    RE: Caution! Precious Photo! 2006/05/25 13:43:38 (permalink)
    Copper:

Have you heard of this place: http://rabbitrescue.com/ ? I saw a piece about them on local TV so I'm pretty sure they are legit. And they had so many very cute bunnies. Personally, I wish they had a few more (the ones who made it impossible for me to grow nasturtiums in AZ), but that's another issue.
    angeltx
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 129
    RE: Caution! Precious Photo! 2006/05/25 13:49:43 (permalink)
    How cute........I use to raise rabbits about 15 years ago,my favorite were the Mini Lop-Earred.
    V960
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2429
    RE: Caution! Precious Photo! 2006/05/25 14:28:47 (permalink)
    Treat them just like chicken. Although the traditional French cut is only six pieces. Fried in a little olive oil w/ garlic onion,and bay leaf, add a bit of white wine to deglaze, then a bit of tomato paste w/ another dash of white wine and game stock. Simmer until tender and serve w/ egg noodles. Can also be done w/ a brown stock for a brown gravy but still serve w/ the noodles.

The French serve the heads split so you can munch on the brains. Plenty of bread is needed for the gravy.
    WVHillbilly
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 406
    RE: Caution! Precious Photo! 2006/05/25 14:36:04 (permalink)
    So will that thing make a tasty treat at some point in the future?
    I've got a well house full of two week old chicks, some of which we'll be freezing sometime in the next couple months.
    Next week, maybe the week after I open the door and let them chase bugs and eat grass.
    mbrookes
    • Total Posts : 1355
    RE: Caution! Precious Photo! 2006/05/25 14:48:36 (permalink)
    OK
    I admit it
    I am a computer moron. How do I see the picture? I've clicked on everything I can find, and still no bunny.
    Copperhedzkettle
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Caution! Precious Photo! 2006/05/25 15:59:35 (permalink)

Sundancer

Yes, it is a two week old baby bunnie. GOOD CALL! I have 7 originals I purchased from a young lady VERY involved with Rabbit Shows (YES they exist, go ahead and google it). She also lived with an AH who abused her......I met her on a rabbit forum and learned she VOWED NOT to leave her abuser until she found homes for her Bunnies. She was only 55 miles away, so I drove there, paid her ( NOT FOR THE BUNNIES, BUT FOR GETAWAY MONEY IN MY EYES) and brought them all home (sucker for a wet nose of any kind). Then I had to build cages...my hands were cut to pieces but I promised her they would be safe. I have not heard from her since and pray she got out of her situation and is doing well.

Hell, she could be in the Bahamas for all I know, but its the thought/intention that counts in my book.

My originals have 2 and 3 paws. (You receive a paw for every championship you win.........or something like that), I do not show mine, but they have been shown by previous owner.

I basically love mine, SD, thats what I do with them......and local kids and grandkids work on my farm (Camp Hell) in exchange for a cage we build together and a bunnie. Great first pet for a child, plus I getta lot of elbow grease outta them munchkins! Sometimes I sell them outright, although I dont advertise. Folks come to me.

Yes they are all registered. Surprising isn't it? Some could sell for hundreds as Breeding Does or Bucks, I never knew this until I researched it.

BT
    I am TOO involved with animal rescue...... and the plight of suffering animals troubles me deeply. More than I care to admit, hell....shouldn't I be worried about something MORE important in another's eyes? No time for rationale here. I figger chop off the head and get it over with, nothing deserves to suffer. And I admit I have done so. But thats my callous self.

I have not dealt directly with that particular org. you mentioned (they stay local from my understanding) but, there is a big Bunnie outfit in nearby Fla.

Its jess word of mouth around these parts that animals come here. I take in baby squirrels, bunnies, dogs, birds.....I have one bird who was put in a basement for 15 years and only saw humans when he/she was fed. And they wonder why he/she is an asshole and has plucked itself bald (NO CURE, for that BTW) That bird is NON-APPROACHABLE. I call it Iron-Maiden. She/he Bites, hollers and is generally a pain, but I figgered it the least I could do, considering. 15 years is not that long for a small conure (only 'bout half their life), but it was long enough for Iron Maiden to give up on humans.

Sorto like a pet snake, iffen you only visit it to feed it......Wassit gonna do when you put yer hand in there? It gonna bite you! DUH!

I have shaved dogs that had maggots coming out of their epidermis and other orifices from matted infected hotspots, actually saving their lives (the maggots) by removing the dead flesh. I'm pretty tuff, but those cases are hard, and no I'm no damn Vet. Just heartbroken when I see this kind of neglect, cos thass whut it is. (Don't worry Felix, NO PICS!

V960

Bout the size of a Cornish hen, ya little Stinkweed?????
    Hardy Har!

While I understand that meat rabbits are the highest form of protein return for the space and food they require, I'm too attached to mine.
    However, in the event of a catastrophe, their ability to reproduce a lotta dang meat inna short amount of time means my loved ones would eat iffen the need be.

BTW I don't sell babies to snake folkes, thats a need to be filled by ratz! [:P] In case someone is wondering.

PS Does it taste like chicken? I have killed, skinned, cooked and partaken of squirrel, but I was pretty dang hungry. Thass been awhile back. It tasted like squirrel. FRIED squirrel with gravy.

WVHillbilly

I got three pullets I let out today for the first time. The rooster has done nothing but run them off.......so they have sought sanctuary under the pic-a-nic table. Gee, you males can be soooooooooo picky, considering Rudy (Rooster) has only three at hens at present. You would think the "B" was grateful. Hoo-boy !

angeltx
    Yes they are........DHL are my favorite breed of Wabbit, I have beautiful mini-rex also!

THE BEST MANURE FOR A GARDEN YOU COULD EVER FIND, KNOWN AS COLD MANURE!

Copper
    Pwingsx
    • Total Posts : 2170
    RE: Caution! Precious Photo! 2006/05/25 16:27:36 (permalink)
    Good God, Copper, when you said the bunnies had two or three paws, I thought THEY were the ones who had been abused. Whew!

You do good work. You will be kindly looked upon in the great by and by....
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6695
    RE: Caution! Precious Photo! 2006/05/25 19:42:12 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by V960

Treat them just like chicken. Although the traditional French cut is only six pieces. Fried in a little olive oil w/ garlic onion,and bay leaf, add a bit of white wine to deglaze, then a bit of tomato paste w/ another dash of white wine and game stock. Simmer until tender and serve w/ egg noodles. Can also be done w/ a brown stock for a brown gravy but still serve w/ the noodles.

The French serve the heads split so you can munch on the brains. Plenty of bread is needed for the gravy.

LMAO
    The Travelin Man
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3755
    RE: Caution! Precious Photo! 2006/05/25 19:54:53 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by V960

I would have thought Michael Hoffman would have been the first to provide a recipe. I'll probably still choose him in the next "vittles" pool.
    BT
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Caution! Precious Photo! 2006/05/25 20:11:58 (permalink)
    I'll just say that talking about cooking and eating rabbits in this thread, while probably inevitable given some of the people who post here, is mean and inappropriate. Copper clearly loves his (her?) critters and we should respect that.
    Greymo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3727
    RE: Caution! Precious Photo! 2006/05/25 20:21:37 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by BT

I'll just say that talking about cooking and eating rabbits in this thread, while probably inevitable given some of the people who post here, is mean and inappropriate. Copper clearly loves his (her?) critters and we should respect that.

Is there no room for humor on these boards? Give me a break. Copper is a good sport and she seems a heck of a lot brighter than other people posting here!
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18458
    RE: Caution! Precious Photo! 2006/05/25 21:09:49 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by stevekoe[br

I would have thought Michael Hoffman would have been the first to provide a recipe. I'll probably still choose him in the next 'vittles' pool.

I'd have posted a few rabbit recipes, but Ol' Copper would probably skin me alive. Actually, I had to lift and carry four little cottontails the other day when I was mowing. I moved them to a depression just past where I mow.
    BT
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Caution! Precious Photo! 2006/05/25 22:22:48 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Greymo

quote:
    Originally posted by BT

Is there no room for humor on these boards? Give me a break. Copper is a good sport and she seems a heck of a lot brighter than other people posting here!

I don't think the person who posted those adorable pictures to start the thread really would want to hear talk about butchering them. What's funny to others can be at the expense of some. I stick with what I said but will defer to Copper. If (s)he wants to talk about cooking the critters, far be it from me to object. But until she gives permission to take the thread in that direction, I'd suggest people wishing to do so start a thread of their own.
    WVHillbilly
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Caution! Precious Photo! 2006/05/25 23:17:01 (permalink)
    Coop, The only thing roosters are good for is the cooking pot. I love messing with chickens, but roosters are miserable beasts.
    So really, do you raise those things for cooking? I would assume that is the only really practical application.
    BuddyRoadhouse
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4238
    RE: Caution! Precious Photo! 2006/05/25 23:38:21 (permalink)
    What happened, did you run out of pictures of dead snakes?

Just kiddin' Copper. Showed these pix to Mrs. Roadhouse, another bunny lover like yourself. She ooohed and aaawed in all the appropriate places.

Buddy
    EliseT
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2880
    RE: Caution! Precious Photo! 2006/05/26 03:27:05 (permalink)
    Man, I'm sure relieved that I was talked out of eating rabbit at St. John's!

Now, for my sake, just don't post any adorable ox pictures.

Copperhedzkettle
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Caution! Precious Photo! 2006/05/26 09:33:54 (permalink)

mbrookes
    OK
    I admit it
    I am a computer moron. How do I see the picture? I've clicked on everything I can find, and still no bunny.

Try clicking on these links...hopefully they will work for you. It could be the firewall you are running, I'm not sure. Hope you get to see them, and sorry I missed your question/concern/response until now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/copperslay3/ashe03.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/copperslay3/ashe02.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/copperslay3/ashe01.jpg

Are you getting red "X's" or what, Sweetie?

Pwingsx
    Good God, Copper, when you said the bunnies had two or three paws, I thought THEY were the ones who had been abused. Whew!

Bwa-hahahahahhahahahahaha, TELL ME ABOUT IT!
    When the previous owner mentioned on the phone they were 2 and 3 paw wabbits, I said to myself, "WTF? Is this lunatic in the keychain Biz?"
    "Lucky" for me, it meant they were champions. (giggle)

stevekoe
    I would have thought Michael Hoffman would have been the first to provide a recipe. I'll probably still choose him in the next "vittles" pool.

I think the handsome gent should publish a cookbook for the "Stone-Challenged" myself. Lets call it "Roadkill" Got one for over-ripe opposum MH?

BT

Dang it, BT!
    This is better than "make-up sex".

ASSURE MRS.BT I'M JESS JOSHIN YA!!!!!!!!!

I do appreciate your thoughtfulness, but since I am one of the biggest wise a$$es on Roadfood, I not only encourage but enjoy their (feeble) attempts at competition now and then to keep me on my tippy toes. I'm definitely a she. [:x]
    V960 is almost a threat. heh heh.
    Kiddin V960, your ability to make one ROFLAO is a shining example of what I strive for.

Greymo

Hey Greymo! You tryin to steal my position as "poster with most posts edited/deleted" ? .....last count per Enginecaptcan'tfreakincount was 10,334.
    Honestly, Greymo, you are a gem.

Michael
    I'd have posted a few rabbit recipes, but Ol' Copper would probably skin me alive.

I would lean towards a hide tanning. (snicker)

Actually, I had to lift and carry four little cottontails the other day when I was mowing. I moved them to a depression just past where I mow.

My Hero!!!!!!!!! (((((((((Hugs))))))))))))

WVHillbilly
    Coop, The only thing roosters are good for is the cooking pot. I love messing with chickens, but roosters are miserable beasts. While I agree roosters are ornery I doubt my buck rabbits could sire a baby chick. Thus the need.

So really, do you raise those things for cooking? I would assume that is the only really practical application.

Actually I have them for the reason I stated in an earlier post to this thread. Meat rabbits are much larger than mine...... which are more like pets than livestock. I gott'em cos I felt it was the thing to do, and have since fallen in love with their personality. Don't get me wrong, I adore predators (agressives)too, but game critters (timid) have their own unique quiet charm.

Buddyroadhouse
    What happened, did you run out of pictures of dead snakes?

Not In This Lifetime! heh heh, I Document every Spawn from hell I send back to their Master of Evil. Bwa-hahahahahahhhahahahahhahhah.

Just kiddin' Copper. Showed these pix to Mrs. Roadhouse, another bunny lover like yourself. She ooohed and aaawed in all the appropriate places.

Good woman ya got there. Hey Mrs. Roadhouse! (Copper waving)

EliseT
    Now, for my sake, just don't post any adorable ox pictures.

How did ya FREAKING KNOW??????????????????
    I fondly refer to it as "Ox Cart Ride", wish you had been there, EliseT. As far as adorable, you make the call.

Enjoy.....

and for mbrookes, the link, (wouldn't wanna leave you out

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/copperslay3/oxcartride.jpg

Ya gotta be Happy, its a Holiday weekend...
    YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Yer pal,
    Copper

PapaJoe8
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5504
    RE: Caution! Precious Photo! 2006/05/26 09:40:27 (permalink)
    Copper, I started selling French Lops at my pet store in Dallas back in the 70s. They sold for $50 and that was allot of money back then. As they became more prevelent the price droped. Quite a few years later I found a source for Holland Lops. They sold for $75 at first but when I sold my store in 1982 the price had droped to $50. I was the only pet store that sold rabbits year round. My customers loved their bunnies!

Are you having to feed her from a bottle or did you get the mom?

I was sure I could discover a cure for feather plucking parrots but.... the only thing I found that worked, but only sometimes, was to put them in a large flight sized cage with other birds and lots of branches to climb on. At least they seamed happier. Parrots are so smart that when abused I think they go insane, so sad! An interisting enviourment along with an anti psycotic drug like citalopram might work? They have come a long way with those kinds of drugs in recent years.
    Joe
    WVHillbilly
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Caution! Precious Photo! 2006/05/26 10:25:14 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Copperhedzkettle
    How did ya FREAKING KNOW??????????????????
    I fondly refer to it as "Ox Cart Ride", wish you had been there, EliseT. As far as adorable, you make the call.

That's not an OX. Obviously you've not done much artificial insemination of livestock.
    You're perpetrating a hoax Copper.
    Copperhedzkettle
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Caution! Precious Photo! 2006/05/26 11:12:50 (permalink)

Papajoe8
    Are you having to feed her from a bottle or did you get the mom?

No Papa, she is with her mommy, thank goodness. Feeding baby wildlife/domestics are very demanding as I am sure you know.

the only thing I found that worked, but only sometimes, was to put them in a large flight sized cage with other birds and lots of branches to climb on. At least they seamed happier. Parrots are so smart that when abused I think they go insane, so sad!

Iron Maiden's present "cage" is 7' tall, and 4'X4' in diameter. She has a large treetrunk in there and two internally housed parakeets that she seems to be able to relate to. By this I mean when I feed the Keets she is very possesive of them. So she has companionship.

At times I truly regret her intelligence due to her ability to remember Horrible times in her life. I know it must seem silly that I am so involved with her......Hell, thats just me.

Very sad that they are smart enough to go insane, yes I firmly agree. Six on one hand, half a dozen on the other.

WVHilbilly
    That's not an OX. Obviously you've not done much artificial insemination of livestock.
    You're perpetrating a hoax Copper.

From your post, one would suppose "OX" refers to sex and not species?
    Artificial Insemination is an endeavor I vow to pursue when I am a grown-up. I promise.

Here's the front shot with the cart.

mbrookes
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/copperslay3/oxcartride2.jpg

No perpetration of hoax meant here. Twas in truth not my photo, jess ribbing EliseT.

So what is an Ox, Oh Wise One?

Copperoo
    EliseT
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2880
    RE: Caution! Precious Photo! 2006/05/26 15:23:03 (permalink)
    I definitely underestimated you guys!
    mbrookes
    • Total Posts : 1355
    RE: Caution! Precious Photo! 2006/05/26 17:16:16 (permalink)
    Thanks for helping me out. I don't have a clue why, but now the pictures are there. And cute they are!
    Jimeats
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3175
    RE: Caution! Precious Photo! 2006/05/26 18:55:39 (permalink)
    I won't feed anything that I can't eat or dosen't work for me. I found rabbits are a bitch to raise. They eat their young come down with a host of diseases get the sniffles and are subject to extreem heat and are very skittish, not to mention the rare but occasional gay Buck. But those New Zelands @ about 4 to 5 lbs. are very tastey. Spark up the grill. Chow Jim
    Copperhedzkettle
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Caution! Precious Photo! 2006/05/26 19:43:46 (permalink)

I thought the ole saying went.....I won't feed anything I can't eat, that doesnt work, or I dont care to share their bed. Guess I was mistaken.[:P]

Copper
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1