The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Central Valley California Bakersfield 2 Sacramento

TonyGuns

• Total Posts: 57
Central Valley California Bakersfield 2 Sacramento Fri, 07/20/12 3:04 PM (permalink)
Welcome suggestions for roadfood on drive thru Californias heartland Bakersfield - Fresno - Merced - Sacramento and inbetween - prefer email directly to Anthony@henryrepeating.com  - thank you very much

kevincad

• Total Posts: 399
    Re:Central Valley California Bakersfield 2 Sacramento Fri, 07/20/12 3:42 PM (permalink)
    TonyGuns

Welcome suggestions for roadfood on drive thru Californias heartland Bakersfield - Fresno - Merced - Sacramento and inbetween - prefer email directly to Anthony@henryrepeating.com  - thank you very much

Good Roadfood could be had at H&W Drive In in Merced. Homemade rootbeer, too!

TonyGuns

• Total Posts: 57
      Re:Central Valley California Bakersfield 2 Sacramento Fri, 07/20/12 5:56 PM (permalink)
      Thank you Sir !

mr chips

• Total Posts: 4715
        Re:Central Valley California Bakersfield 2 Sacramento Fri, 07/20/12 6:13 PM (permalink)
        I would look into basque places. I know there are some inexpensive ones in Bakersfield and i assume there are others along the way.
        <message edited by mr chips on Fri, 07/20/12 7:35 PM>

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15069
          • Roadfood Insider
          Re:Central Valley California Bakersfield 2 Sacramento Fri, 07/20/12 6:26 PM (permalink)
          We love HODEL's on Olive Drive right beside the 99 on the north side of Bakersfield. Here's their website. We have done breakfast and dinner there many times over the years and never had a bad choice !
          http://www.hodels.com/

MikeS.

• Total Posts: 5360
            • Roadfood Insider
            Re:Central Valley California Bakersfield 2 Sacramento Fri, 07/20/12 9:11 PM (permalink)
            For some really good like homemade Mexican food try the original Sal's in Selma. Right off of the 99. It's in a residential area, has a long history.
            Sal's Mexican Restaurant
            2163 Park Street, Selma, CA (559) 896-0412
            I spent 41 years in Fresno, but that was 14 years ago,

mar52

• Total Posts: 7608
              Re:Central Valley California Bakersfield 2 Sacramento Fri, 07/20/12 10:00 PM (permalink)
              I don't know if it's still there, but in Modesto right off the Orangethorpe exit of the 99 there was a small Mexican stand type restaurant and it was excellent.  Last time I was there was 15 years ago so it may not be there.

In Buttonwillow if taking 5 North there is a truck and a brick and mortar store owned by the same people.  They serve outstanding Pupusas.  There is also a Vegan restaurant at the same exit.  You can find it at the exit with the Carl's Jr.

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15069
                • Roadfood Insider
                Re:Central Valley California Bakersfield 2 Sacramento Sat, 07/21/12 9:11 AM (permalink)
                Any of you Roadfooders familiar with the Sacramento/Stockton areas, please fill in the blanks i9n the maps with a couple of recommendations for TonyGuns. I know he appreciates any feedback to his request.

Tony. North of Sacramento.if you are going that far North, you will find some great buys in nuts and olives at roadside stands near the exits in the Corning area.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                  • No New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                  • Locked w/ New Messages
                  • Locked w/o New Messages
                  • Read Message
                  • Post New Thread
                  • Reply to message
                  • Post New Poll
                  • Submit Vote
                  • Post reward post
                  • Delete my own posts
                  • Delete my own threads
                  • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                  What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com