Chacarero Chilean sandwiches in Boston

Author
billyboy
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2409
2005/05/31 16:33:05 (permalink)

Chacarero Chilean sandwiches in Boston

A great little (takeout only) place in Downtown Crossing. Its attached to the Filene's Basement building on the edge on the Financial District. A friend told me about it and when I went the line was down the street. The get a huge weekday lunch crowd. Homemade round bread similar to focaccia, but just a bit of salt, no herbs on it. Very warm and chewy though. Mmmm!! Three kinds of sandwiches only, beef, chicken, and veg. I've only had the chicken so far. It comes with an avocado spread, marinated grilled chicken, fresh tomatoes, wilted green beans, muenster cheese, salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Its like a Whopper (with apologies to Chacararo) in that you can have it your way. No avocado for me please! The sandwich is mind blowing! The texture work well together and the flavors really marry well A one of a kind here in the states but apparently "chacarero stands" are as ubiquitous in Chile as are hot dog carts in NYC.

3 Replies Related Threads

imsofull
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 61
    RE: Chacarero Chilean sandwiches in Boston 2005/09/15 16:35:10 (permalink)
    I agree with Billy Boy. The sandwich at Chacarero is AWESOME. There usually a line but it moves quickly. MMMMM I could go for one right now
    Jimeats
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3175
    RE: Chacarero Chilean sandwiches in Boston 2006/02/25 06:05:07 (permalink)
    I have been to that stand a few times. Sandwiches are great about 6 bucks each. Actually you have to stand in 2 lines, one to order and one to pick up. To this day I can't figure out how they don't get the orders mixed up. Standing in line one day I counted over 30 people in just the order line alone,and these lines are fairly constant over a 2 hour lunch period. I failed to mention that it was cold also. Chow Jim
    jeepguy
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1555
    RE: Chacarero Chilean sandwiches in Boston 2006/02/25 06:20:55 (permalink)
    In the words of Simon Cowell-"that sounded horrible".I'll take a cheese Whopper anyday over a 30 min wait for any sandwich that would possibly include green beans if i wished.And i'm not a Burger King fan either-BUT the magic shop close to me has a carbon copy rubber mask resembling the King that i'm probably gonna buy.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1