Chains moving into the Food Truck World

Author
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10332
2011/09/20 19:05:19 (permalink)

Chains moving into the Food Truck World

Chains are starting to move into the food truck business. Jack in the Box is one of them.
http://www.jackinthebox.com/pdf/JMM_info_sheet.pdf
Franchising is an other option:
http://www.qsrmagazine.com/exclusives/franchising-comes-food-trucks
Chains are finding it's more Cost effective to start-up and operate a truck than it is to build a B&M building. Less Hassle from governing bodies, fewer permits needed, etc.
If one location doesn't work-----MOVE!
I predict this will create a MAJOR shift in how chains do business! It also bodes well for Independents.
I'm looking to buy stock in Food Truck Manufacturers!

9 Replies Related Threads

Laserwolf
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 45
    Re:Chains moving into the Food Truck World 2011/09/20 19:14:39 (permalink)
    I'd actually prefer Food Trucks move into the Chain World. I honestly couldn't tell you where to find a food truck where I live.
    ces1948
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1512
    Re:Chains moving into the Food Truck World 2011/09/20 20:06:32 (permalink)
    nm
    post edited by ces1948 - 2011/09/20 20:18:09
    ces1948
    • Total Posts : 1512
    Re:Chains moving into the Food Truck World 2011/09/20 20:17:36 (permalink)
    An unfortunate turn of events in my opinion for the people trying serve GOOD food from these trucks.
    I don't have a lot of faith in the culinary choices most Americans would make. At one of the Miami gatherings I've seen in photos I envision lines 3 deep at the Mcdonalds and the Taco Bell trucks while the real food trucks were idle.
    KurtSara
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 183
    Re:Chains moving into the Food Truck World 2011/09/21 17:28:48 (permalink)
    ces1948

An unfortunate turn of events in my opinion for the people trying serve GOOD food from these trucks.
    I don't have a lot of faith in the culinary choices most Americans would make. At one of the Miami gatherings I've seen in photos I envision lines 3 deep at the Mcdonalds and the Taco Bell trucks while the real food trucks were idle.

I agree, you drive by our McDonalds on our little town of about 5000 and the line at the drive through is 10 or 12 cars long, I would not eat before I waited in line that long for that food
    DawnT
    • Total Posts : 1286
    Re:Chains moving into the Food Truck World 2011/09/21 18:41:28 (permalink)
    Maybe the trend is a good thing as a whole. With B&M restaurants increasingly turning up the heat with local CC's and the unfair harrassement that ensues by the law enforcement and HD's on their behalf, this may soon come to a crashing end. I don't think the likes of McD's, BK, or any other major chain is going to put up with being harrassed just because a handful of BM's are po'd and want them out of their turf. The indie truck owners may very well benefit from the great leveling power that may come their way once the corporates start unleashing their legal departments and unlimited resources. True they have a brand advantage, but once a few municipalities and B&M's get burned and depleted by the legal process and litigation, there's going to be a lot of reserve on the part of the authorities giving any food truck a hard time. Once bitten, twice shy.
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    Re:Chains moving into the Food Truck World 2011/09/21 19:00:34 (permalink)
    ces1948

I don't think that's going to happen. People know the difference between good food and McDonalds & Taco Bell. They'll buy kids meals there but go to the good trucks to feed themselves. I think the Chain trucks will be used more for special events.
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    Re:Chains moving into the Food Truck World 2011/09/21 19:02:45 (permalink)
    KurtSara
    ces1948

I agree, you drive by our McDonalds on our little town of about 5000 and the line at the drive through is 10 or 12 cars long, I would not eat before I waited in line that long for that food

That's probably because there's not much of a choice in your little town.
    HollyDolly
    • Total Posts : 1074
    Re:Chains moving into the Food Truck World 2011/09/22 11:50:18 (permalink)
    Don't know how well this is going to go over.In San Antonio, on I believe Bulverde Road, there is an area where several different food trucks gather and you can sit out and dine.It was in the local newspaper and the area has a name,but forgot it now.It features a variety of foods, even including middle eastern.
    streetfoodfiles
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re:Chains moving into the Food Truck World 2012/05/12 15:53:16 (permalink)
    I've tracked quite a few of these on the Street Food Files Wiki.
    Google "Corporate Food Trucks Street Food Files Wikia" for the link.

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1