Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Charlotte and Myrtle Beach

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 34 of 34
Captain Morgan

• Total Posts: 503
Re:Charlotte and Myrtle Beach Sat, 05/19/12 9:54 AM (permalink)
Sea Captain's house she crab soup has been featured in Southern Living twice.  it is decadent...hope you didn't miss it.

Sundancer7

Re:Charlotte and Myrtle Beach Sun, 05/20/12 2:39 PM (permalink)
    Captain Morgan

Sea Captain's house she crab soup has been featured in Southern Living twice.  it is decadent...hope you didn't miss it.

We did the Sea Captain's she crab soup along with scallops, shrimp, oysters and flounder with their serving of hushpuppies, cole slaw, salad and fried okra.  The seafood was outstanding but I had some issues with their huspuppies.  Perhaps it was not what I was use to because it was basically just fried cornbread and their tartar sauce was very sweet.  I think that is how the folks in the Carolina's like it but it was not my thing.

Beautiful setting and as I said, the seafood was outstanding.  Very nice landscaping.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN

Captain Morgan

• Total Posts: 503
      Re:Charlotte and Myrtle Beach Sun, 05/20/12 2:53 PM (permalink)
      one of the few places around Myrtle where you can actually eat and see the ocean.  I hate sweet tartar sauce.  Glad you got the soup.

Sundancer7

Re:Charlotte and Myrtle Beach Mon, 05/21/12 12:36 PM (permalink)
        They happend to have the Blue Crab Festival just north of Myrtle about 25 miles.  Roz and I went early and there was a crowd.  We chowed down on lotsa blue crab, flounder, shrimp, oysters and a couple of brewski's.  About a 100 food vendors and about 500 vendors of arts of all sorts.  We stayed about three hours and when we left, traffic was backed up for miles to get  in. We ate at a restaurant on the water which was more comfortable as the weekend in Myrtle was very cool.  150,000 Harley riders were there.

Across the street was the Broadway beach from our Marriott Hotel.  It is similar to Celebration station in Disney on Steroids.

Thanks for the many folks that advised us on where their favorite was located.  Sorry we could not get to them all but there are so  many!!!!

Paul E. smith
        Knoxville, TN   

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
          Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 34 of 34

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com