Charlottesville area

Author
familydok
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 234
2014/04/04 07:54:05 (permalink)

Charlottesville area

We spent most of this week in the Charlottesville area.  Lunch was at Tanglewood Ordinary in Maidens, Va.  This was a family style restaurant with a nice seating area, they did have decent fried chicken.  In rating this I would not put it at the top of my list for family style restaurants.  My favorite family style places so far for breakfast/brunch are The Dillard House in Dillard, Georgia, and the Daniel Boone Inn in Boone, NC. 
Other meals included Feast and Crozet Pizza in Charlottesville.  Both were very good.  At Feast you order in the store and then go to the pickup window.  They are mainly a soup, salad and sandwich place.  Everything was very fresh and tasty.  Crozet's pizzas were good, we have had better in our travels, but it's worth a stop.  One discovery was the Madison Inn in Madison, Va.  I had a very good onion soup and spinach salad with lots of pecans, dried cranberries, etc.   

1 Reply Related Threads

MetroplexJim
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4059
    Re:Charlottesville area 2014/04/04 11:15:00 (permalink)
    Thanks for your report.  We visit C'vl every year and always enjoy 'what's new' in that lovely and ever-evolving city.  Thanks for the tip on The Madison Inn.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1